Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grainger Corn Cob

Sarge

Grainger has two sizes of corn cob in the 40lb bags for a little over $20. They have 18 and 30 sieve. Which one is the right size for working well AND not getting stuck in my Dillon seporator because of being too big. The walmart stuff gets clogged up because some of the pieces are just too big.

Thanks much.

Grainger has two sizes of corn cob in the 40lb bags for a little over $20. They have 18 and 30 sieve. Which one is the right size for working well AND not getting stuck in my Dillon seporator because of being too big. The walmart stuff gets clogged up because some of the pieces are just too big.

Thanks much.

I use the 30 and it works great!

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
DRIFT- Hay Rob your not still shooting ouside are you?

How much snow did you get on the range?

Rick G.

We get lots of snow on this ranges, but we have three clubs running indoor matches:

Boston Gun & Rifle, Dorchester (Boston neighborhood) - running one this Sunday. (*). This one is a field trip into enemy territory politically speaking.

American Firearms School, N. Attleboro (*)

S&W Sport Shooting Center ranges

* - Pre-registration/limited attendance due to the time window for which the club books the range for the match

I just found this place- looks like free shipping too.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/521055/e...lbs_blast_media

Sure - now you find the link - that's like $5 less than I paid w/tax.

I'll save that source for the future - thanks for the link...

Just got the media... it actually drop shipped from Grainger!! Too funny. Hell of a bargain for sure... I don't see myself needing any more for a long time!

Edit: FYI the 20/40 stuff is damn small sized... I bet the larger size should work just fine too but that's just a guess.

Edited by lugnut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a bag of the 14/20 today. I'll be using it tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I have not been home from work yet to check the label but mine must have drop shipped from grainger or somewhere locally as well. You see, I ordered it yesterday afternoon and it was at my door 24 hours later.

As an aside, Mesh size is how many holes there are per inch in the metal mesh the material goes through. Therefore, a 20 Mesh material will be a little less than 1/20 of an inch (20 holes in an inch plus some area covered by the screen wire.)

You start getting towards 30 and 40 mesh you are getting fairly small on the corn cob. It will work, but will be tougher to separate from the cases later.... and may dust a little more.

The stuff worked just fine. I think it is still a little small for my personal tastes but the litter I was getting from the pet stores was so big it was hanging up in my seperator.

It did come from grainger! That is funny since I priced it at grainger for $25 and got it shipped for $19.88. Thanks to whoever posted the drillspot link. :cheers:

I ordered from DrillSpot Sunday night and got it today. It did come from Grainger which is just up the street from my place. Not only was this place cheaper but I didn't have to pay sales tax or leave my house. It is finer than the stuff I get from Powder Valley but it shouldn't get stuck in the flash hole which was a PITA to look for and take out.