Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. Four entries were sent in the same envelope. Two got confirmation back

on Jan. 11th and two of us haven't heard a thing. I emailed Andy but haven't gotten a reply. I suspect he has been

at SHOT so maybe I will hear something next week.

Craig

Yep I mailed my application December 23rd and haven't heard back either. I emailed and no reply? I hope I got in this is begenning to be as stressful as Ft. Benning! lol

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else get their confirmations yet? I'm still waiting to see if I got in (been 10 days since I sent my entry). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent in my entry the first day the application for new shooters was posted. Got my confirmation on January 11. :D

Curtis

Confirmations have been emailed to everyone whose applications have been processed. Six additional apps were recieved over the last couple of days (Bob W., Scott M., Daniel C., Liegh P., Kirk B., Clark K.) and they are in the match, but it will be a while before they receive their emails. My daughter's course work-load at college is in high gear for the next couple of weeks, and she will not be able to send me spreadsheet updates until she is able to get away from school for a weekend.

The match is getting close to being full, and a wait list will be started soon. There are always a few cancellations as the match gets closer. If you have an application in transit or if you send one in the next several days, be patient while waiting on a response.

Things are coming together well for this year's BRM3G. Stage design is probably 80% finished; Sabre Defence and Rockcastle Shooting Center are going above and beyond again; DMAC is going to get his wish thanks to Barrett Firearms and Lapua; and there are MANY sponsors I need to thank for their generous support. Once I recover from SHOT and can make sure I don't leave anyone out, the sponsor list will be posted.

Andy

Stage design is not finished so I can't give a definitive answer with respect to slings. However, I would recommend having a sling for each long gun.

A waiting list for shooters to get into the match has been started. Entries will be processed in the order they are received. As we all know, spaces come available due to cancellations, etc. as we get closer to the match. At present there are not many on the wait list, so if you still want a chance to get into the match, mail your application right away.

There are a couple of folks who have not received confirmations that are registered for the match; those emails should be out in a day or two.

BTW, we are going to have an additional event right after shooting ends on our scheduled stages. Therefore, plan to get out a little later on Sunday afternoon than in the past couple of years. More on this event later. With this change, I HOPE we will be through and ready for your departure by 4:30 or so.

Andy

Edited by AFH

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this may be a little late for some, but the Best Western Motor Inn, located in Bowling Green about 25 minutes away from Rockcastle Shooting Center, has set aside a block of rooms for the match. The rooms are available at a rate of $75/night + tax. The phone number of the hotel is 270-782-3800. Mention the Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun to get the special rate.

Andy

Did I miss it or where is the round count...or at least something close. Looked at all the post but...

I know the cof's are not done yet but I am trying to plan my road trip from Hell. Superstition Mystery Mt., then shooting/working High Plains Shotgun, then shooting/working Blue Ridge, and then shooting/working the LaRue match...yes, driving to all of them! Road Kill at the end of it for sure.

Who said I am retired?

RLTW,

Scott

Scott, I think Andy has said it will be similar to last year. I think last year it was about 180 rifle, 180 pistol, and 150 shotgun. Maybe 20-30 slugs. We didn't use buckshot last year.

See you in April. Bring your rain gear, your cold weather gear, sunscreen, and bug repellant.

Hi Folks,

I have given up trying to figure out how to post a table or a jpeg of a table here, so if you want to see a stage by stage breakdown of this year's BRM3G round count go to the BRM3G Updates Page.

As in past years, you are going to expend some rounds at the match, and the numbers given below may decrease once we put the stages on the ground and check them out.

The planned round count is as follows: Pistol 164; Rifle 185; Birdshot 94; Slugs 18. Additionally, you will have one stage that presents you with 17 paper targets and 12 pieces of knock down steel as shooter choice targets. You will therefore use up to 46 more pistol rounds, 34 more rifle rounds, and/or 12 more birdshot rounds in a combination of your choosing.

The stage diagrams and descriptions will be posted later. Stage design was just completed, and I have got to get the descriptions written. And, just to remind everyone, stage descriptions online or in the matchbook are subject to change. The ROs walkthrough supersedes any other description.

Last weekend I was able to attend a match just outside Fayetteville, NC and had a fantastic time. (Thank you to Ed, Mike, and everyone else) After that experience, I realized we need to increase the physical challenges at the BRM3G! Maybe next year though?!?! :devil:

We'll see everyone in KY in about 8 weeks,

Andy

Bryan45 and Andy,

Ok, I am up on the ammo count...

Pistol: 300

Rifle : 300 (of this: 100 of is my Long Range stuff)

Shot : 150

Slugs : 45

This should get me through without doing the late night looking for ammo that might work in my guns.

Thank you guys,

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott

Hi Chris,

You may ship ammo to the Lodge:

YOUR NAME

C/O Park Mammoth Lodge

22850 Louisville Road

Park City, KY 42160

There is a WalMart about 10 miles away in Glasgow; and there are 2 WalMarts and a Gander Mountain in Bowling Green about 25 miles away. Also, there may be shotgun ammo for sale at the Lodge, but that has not been confirmed yet.

What has been confirmed is that Mark Wills will be performing some of his hits at the dinner and Wounded Warrior Project auction!! Should be a great time! Some of you may have seen Mark at last year’s Bianchi Cup, and he plans to compete there again on May 26-29, 2010.

Andy