Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Ft. Benning video and pics here

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik - trust me, there were many of us "mere mortals" at Benning. I was the 1st one picked to shoot on Stage 5 (not so secret for some, but definitely for me). It was very strange to stand in front of that black door waiting for the beeper. Are you planning on Blue Ridge?

I finally downloaded my videos from the match...

This is how a mere mortal shot :roflol:

Stage 9

Stage 8 - Cold hands and nerves = lots of extra time to "enjoy" the stage :surprise:

Stage 7

Stage 6

Stage 2

Does anybody have any vids of Daniel and Robby shooting?

Daniel and Robby were not competitors at this match

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Erik - trust me, there were many of us "mere mortals" at Benning. I was the 1st one picked to shoot on Stage 5 (not so secret for some, but definitely for me). It was very strange to stand in front of that black door waiting for the beeper. Are you planning on Blue Ridge?

I'm not sure yet. That is a busy time at work, and I am already asking off the weekend before that to shoot / RO the Area 6 Championships... I hope to, but it will have to be a last minute-ish decision (sometime in March)

Does anybody have any vids of Daniel and Robby shooting?

Since they didnt shoot the match, I somehow doubt it...

I saw Daniel shoot a few rounds with the rifles they used for the shoot-off, but not sure if anyone filmed that :)

Edited by gose

There was a photographer from the Army who sent me the following links to 2 photo galleries from the FB3G match

Lots of great pictures

http://fortbenning.smugmug.com/Competition...734670284_k2RCE

and

http://fortbenning.smugmug.com/Competition...734682971_5FTvy

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Linda wrote:

In the first link, I think it was #59 out of 85 pics, there is a pic of a shotgun with some kinda doo-dad on the muzzle end. It almost looks like a suppressor, but my guess is that it is some sort of reloader contraption.

Anybody know for sure?

• 2 weeks later...
It is the Xrail, apparently the maker and another shooter had one there. It appears to be a well thought out piece of equipment.

trapr

Yep Trapr - That is Tommy Thacker from FNH-USA. He told me back in November on Facebook that he would be sporting the X-Rail.

He says he got 23 rounds out of a 26" barrel. He is a great guy and has helped me tremendously with questions concerning the SLP. I know he is on this forum, but I have not run across him yet.

Cheers,

Kyle

It is the Xrail, apparently the maker and another shooter had one there. It appears to be a well thought out piece of equipment.

trapr

Yep Trapr - That is Tommy Thacker from FNH-USA. He told me back in November on Facebook that he would be sporting the X-Rail.

He says he got 23 rounds out of a 26" barrel. He is a great guy and has helped me tremendously with questions concerning the SLP. I know he is on this forum, but I have not run across him yet.

Cheers,

Kyle

What is the $$$$$$ on that bad boy?????

trapr

Cheers,

Kyle

What is the $$$$$$ on that bad boy?????

Not sure, I think it is still pre-production. I bet it will have a nice price tag b/c it is a step-up to semi-auto from their pump models.

He was on my squad...we talked a lot. Any mistakes in the information are mine, as I am getting senile ;)

There are two series of these rail gizmos...the short one (that bolts in place of your existing mag extension tube) and the full up version (that completely replaces your tube). The short one was around $650, and the full up one was in the neighborhood of $2k. He said he runs a case of shells through 'em before he ships them, to make sure it works. Both are really amazing engineering and machining products!

He is a heck of a nice guy, and these rail systems are an eleven on the cool scale :D

Alex

• 2 weeks later...