Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Ft. Benning video and pics here

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the ROs on Stage 3. Kelly's run that was on film was done at the end of the day, not for score. We had a re-shoot on the first squad through becouse of a shooter-cameraman collision, and decided that it just wasn't feasible in the confined area. I know how important (and cool) these videos are, and we tried to be as accomodating as possible, but we didn't want to see someone's match get flamed (or even worse someone get hurt) because a cameraman tripped or zigged when he should have zagged.

DanO

Here's how not to shoot stage 8 :)

I don't understand. Why did you have to come back? ...and did you reholster before coming back?

I gotta say one thing...you move fast!

No he did not re-holster, not required if you move safely. The 6 white poppers had to be shot from the first box as well as a pair of colored poppers, which determined how close you got to the rest of the targets. He shot his colored poppers then ran to his colored box and shot 2 of the white poppers. After realizing this, he ran back to engage the other 4 white poppers, incurring 2 penalty shots that he took on the white poppers from the blue box.

2x 10s misses + the extra time of running back and forth... The fact that I had to shoot those white poppers from the starting box completely eluded me and was never part of my stage solution at all. Guess I need to pay better attention to the briefings in the future. :blush:

Edited by gose

Sorry! :wacko:

HEY I need to see some Pic's of the match!!!!!

I hurt my back. I had to drop out of the match,,,

I want to see what I missed!

Jim M ammo

The ride in the Striker would have put you to bed, = it went air born on a dip with us, not the ride it was last year for sure

I hope everyone enjoys watching these vids as much as I did shooting for them. What a great match. The AMU guys and gals once again hit a homerun! Thanks to everyone that contributed to the match; stats, sponsors, and most importantly the AMU, because without them the match could not happen. Thank you all for your hard work.

Edited by Robbie Wheaton Jr

Start with 9 shotgun targets. Could be engaged in any order. Taran went 3 shot, 3 slug on Larue, 3 shot. Then Rifle. The tunnel was target pairs through tube ports, with single targets in the last two ports, then the double swinger with no shoot swinger. Cool stage.

Sorry! :wacko:

HEY I need to see some Pic's of the match!!!!!

I hurt my back. I had to drop out of the match,,,

I want to see what I missed!

Jim M ammo

The ride in the Striker would have put you to bed, = it went air born on a dip with us, not the ride it was last year for sure

I like blind stages, so I miss that type of thing, Fullauto filled me in stage by stage of what I missed, yesterday at lunch.

Hey after 20+ in the Army I have all the APC miles I'll ever need. So missing the Striker ride, is ok with me.

Thanks for the info

Jim M ammo

Fred was the last guy off Stage 7 on Friday night. I don't want to hear any bitching from the folks who shot it first thing Saturday...I shot it third from last, and at least I didn't need a flashlight on my shotgun... Fred needed his. Note the light beam in the first picture :)

Benning_Stage7_dark_1.JPG

Benning_Stage7_dark_2.JPG

Squad 9 had a Texan who knew how to read a weather forecast...and plan accordingly...

The Squad:

Benning_squad9.JPG

The Plan:

Benning_squad9_heater_1.JPG

One of the times The Plan was not surrounded (Note: This is what a happy Army PL looks like...hot, but not cross, buns):

Benning_squad9_heater.JPG

Alex

here is a little different benning video. note the wife does not care for long guns, but she is glad she went thanks everyone!

well having some audio problems, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Edited by RWF

Squad 9 had a Texan who knew how to read a weather forecast...and plan accordingly...

The Squad:

Benning_squad9.JPG

The Plan:

One of the times The Plan was not surrounded (Note: This is what a happy Army PL looks like...hot, but not cross, buns):

Alex

That heater was awesome!! (I think everyone agrees, except for the guy who caught his jacket on fire on stage 8 :surprise: )

The Squad:

Benning_squad9.JPG

The Plan:

Look at all these faces....we were the most cheerfull sauad at the match!

Alex