Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post Ft. Benning video and pics here

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, the first day ran a little long so his squad (8) was asked to shoot the second morning before the match began. He had to run the stage by flashlight because the sun hadn't come up yet (the light in the video is lighting from the another bay). After he finished the RO told him he saw him engage his safety on his Edge before putting it in the box, but it was apparently disengaged by the bottom of the box and he was DQ'd. Apparently this very thing happened a lot last year and foam was added to the bottom of the box to prevent it, but that wasn't done this year.

No worries here though! Rules are rules and he had a great time at the match. Thanks to all of the AMU and volunteers that added to its success! We left early so we could save some travel money for next year!

Basically, the first day ran a little long so his squad (8) was asked to shoot the second morning before the match began. He had to run the stage by flashlight because the sun hadn't come up yet (the light in the video is lighting from the another bay). After he finished the RO told him he saw him engage his safety on his Edge before putting it in the box, but it was apparently disengaged by the bottom of the box and he was DQ'd. Apparently this very thing happened a lot last year and foam was added to the bottom of the box to prevent it, but that wasn't done this year.

No worries here though! Rules are rules and he had a great time at the match. Thanks to all of the AMU and volunteers that added to its success! We left early so we could save some travel money for next year!

Bummer!!!

Never trust a safety, huh?

DQ for that ouch.....

GLOCK! the pistol for me in 3 Gun! :ph34r:

Jim M ammo

That's a shame, rules are rules but what is the grip safety on a 1911, if its not pinned it should function just like a glock, trigger cant be pulled!

Hope to see ya'll at the next Poplarville match

Thanks for posting guys so those of us who didn't go can live vicariously through you.

What time did ya'll start shooting?

What was the longest distance target from the springy platform?

How stable was the springy platform?

What was the suppressed FA gun?

That's the end of my questions for now.

Shooting started at 8am. The two long targets were 318ish and 325ish. No....the springy platform was not stable. You had to lightly place yourself on it for the least amount of movement. If you dove on it like I did. It took 20 seconds to settle down.

The suppressed FA gun was a Remington ACR also known previously as the Magpul Masada.

Thanks for posting guys so those of us who didn't go can live vicariously through you.

What time did ya'll start shooting?

What was the longest distance target from the springy platform?

How stable was the springy platform?

What was the suppressed FA gun?

That's the end of my questions for now.

First squads were on the line at 8:00 am every morning. Shooting usually stopped around 5:00 pm.

My range finder said the farthest target was 325 from the platform. The platform was pretty wobbly when you first got on it, but it settled down quick.

The suppressed gun was a Remington ACR (formerly known as a Magpul Masada).

For all you guys who couldn't make it, it really wasn't very fun. :ph34r:

Here's how not to shoot stage 8 :)

I don't understand. Why did you have to come back? ...and did you reholster before coming back?

I gotta say one thing...you move fast!

No he did not re-holster, not required if you move safely. The 6 white poppers had to be shot from the first box as well as a pair of colored poppers, which determined how close you got to the rest of the targets. He shot his colored poppers then ran to his colored box and shot 2 of the white poppers. After realizing this, he ran back to engage the other 4 white poppers, incurring 2 penalty shots that he took on the white poppers from the blue box.