Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... take a ho bath...

Wow, what is that?!?!

It's a new service we are offering for the first time. It get's a little pricey but... roflol.gif

CYa,

Pat

Yes sir....Pat is putting the ho bath on the prize table. Neomet is also the originator of the ho bath.

That is FANTASTIC of MGM to step up as the Match Sponsor. They're a great company with a great bunch of products and they are genuinely nice guys.

Edited by jasmap

Well, I think I talked the wife into letting me shoot the High Desert Classic.

This will be my first major match, so I'd be extremly gratefull if there were some experienced shooters that I could "tag along" with for the match.

I'm gonna get my app in this week.

I've already got the jitters..........been shooting USPSA since February, shot 7 matches, and I went straight to C class. GREAT!!!! No one told me about "sand bagging"!!! Lord knows I'm not going to the prize table this time around!!!

BSG

Brad: Don't be so sure about the prize table. It is getting bigger by the day. I was last told there is over $15,000 worth of prizes and more on the way. There is a great group of guys and gals here and we will help you as much as we can :cheers: Thanks, Eric

LadyInBlue tells me she expects about $20k on the table. Not at all shabby for a "donations only, no purchase" prize table. Please visit Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club and then High Desert to see the long list of sponsors. Please also support these fine folks.

This is a random draw prize table, so, Brad, I suspect you will get something nifty.

Here's how it works: We pull out a 2 or 3 of the really good things and do a random draw for all of our volunteer staff. If a staff member doesn't get anything, they go into the regular draw.

The regular draw is all competitors. We do that draw while we are also presenting awards for the match. The whole thing goes quickly so we can you on the road without hanging out for 5 hours after the match. We're usually wrapped up about and hour and a half after last shot fired.

Thanks for the info guys.

Since this is my first big match, there are a few questions I need answered before I send in my application.

1. I am active duty military; do I need to check the military box? Would that mean I would only be competing with other military guys? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to this?

2. I was looking for a squad matrix, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place. What I would like to know is if every squad is shooting all stages in one day, or do you shoot some stages on Saturday, then some on Sunday?

3. My wife and one year old daughter are coming with me, but I'm sure they will not be at the actual match that much; she wants to see some things in the city since she's never been there. If they come to the match, is there overhead cover that they could hang out under and will there be food and drinks that she could purchase?

4. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where my wife and I might go on Friday? Maybe something that is unique to Albuquerque? Any restaurants that are unique and would create a cool memory? (I know, kind of sappy, but when momma's happy, we're all happy!)

5. Will I be able to go to the range on Friday and run a few drills?

I think that's it, but if anyone has any other pointer for me, please, share.

BSG

Thanks for the info guys.

Since this is my first big match, there are a few questions I need answered before I send in my application.

1. I am active duty military; do I need to check the military box? Would that mean I would only be competing with other military guys? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to this? There is currently one other in the Military Category - it's an extra category for recognition, like Jr, Sr, Lady. You still compete against your Division & Class.

2. I was looking for a squad matrix, but I'm probably looking in the wrong place. What I would like to know is if every squad is shooting all stages in one day, or do you shoot some stages on Saturday, then some on Sunday? www.uspsa.org, click on Additional Content on the left, then click on Self Squadding and select the match.

3. My wife and one year old daughter are coming with me, but I'm sure they will not be at the actual match that much; she wants to see some things in the city since she's never been there. If they come to the match, is there overhead cover that they could hang out under and will there be food and drinks that she could purchase? There is an air conditioned building with indoor plumbing that we will use for registration, meals, and awards.

4. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where my wife and I might go on Friday? Maybe something that is unique to Albuquerque? Any restaurants that are unique and would create a cool memory? (I know, kind of sappy, but when momma's happy, we're all happy!) I'm in Santa Fe, so I cant speak to Albuquerque attractions.

5. Will I be able to go to the range on Friday and run a few drills? RO's shoot Thu and Fri, leaving only the public range available. Check the link to the City Shooting Range Park on www.rgpsc.com for more info.

I think that's it, but if anyone has any other pointer for me, please, share.

BSG

Albuquerque is rich in attractions. Old Town offers culture and history. The Sandia Tramway is the world's longest. If you have no fear of heights, this trip can take you to the top of the mountain, and a very fine restuarant. Make reservations well in advance for dinner at sunset. I guarantee you will never forget it. Check the Albuquerque Website for more info.

Hey Brad,

Glad you're coming over to shoot with us. As Eric and Rod said the prize table is run a little differently so everybody has a chance at good stuff. As far as this being your first match, don't sweat it. Every one of us had a first match somewhere, sometime. I'm sure you will find that there is nothing complicated or bizarre about the match. Come over to shoot and have fun. You won't be disappointed.

How old is the daughter? She and the wife might want to check out the Albuquerque zoo or the aquarium and botanical gardens. Lots of great restaurants, shopping, etc.. Need some other ideas, PM me and I'll do my best to help out

CYa,

Pat

Wow how time flys when you're having fun!

The match is only one month away. Get your pirate voices ready....RRRRRRRR

I've had a wonderful response from all the vendors I've contacted for support of our match.

The long list of sponsors have sent awesome prizes for our random draw prize table.

Please be sure to support these vendors and show your appreciation for supporting our shooting sport.

MGM...thanks Mike and Travis for being our Major Match Sponsor! (these guys are awesome!)

Sportsman's Warehouse, The Practical Shooting Academy, Rudy Project, Montana Gold, Bar-Sto Precision, Glock...big thanks to Dave S., Calibers...our local indoor shooting range, DR Performance Shooting, Truck Vault...what's in your drawers?

Precision Bullets, Firebird Precision, STI International, Shooters Connection, C-More, Sierra, Schuemann Barrels, CPWSA, our distinguished host...Brian Enos, Precision Arms, Glock Triggers, Freedom Gunworks, Predator Tactical by Matt Burkett, The Bullet Works, Brownells, Starline Brass, Lead Tech Wipes, Paisano's...best Italian Restuarant in Albuquerque, NM Rimfire, Axial Video, UniqueTek, Babes With Bullets, Ron Peterson Guns, C&M Target Systems, Zero Bullet Co., Midway USA., Advantage Tactical, Lauer Custom Weaponry/DuraCoat.

When I get more responses I'll update this list.

Thank you all for supporting our match!

I just checked out the Self Squading info on the USPSA Website and the division entries are breaking down with a heavy bias towards Limited and Open. Looks like this is shaping up to be a really fun match with a lot of competition :cheers:

Current High Desert Classic entry count per Division

51 - Limited

49 - Open

22 - Production

11 - Single Stack

7 - Limited 10

Is it time to shoot yet :ph34r:

I just checked out the Self Squading info on the USPSA Website and the division entries are breaking down with a heavy bias towards Limited and Open. Looks like this is shaping up to be a really fun match with a lot of competition :cheers:

Current High Desert Classic entry count per Division

51 - Limited

49 - Open

22 - Production

11 - Single Stack

7 - Limited 10

Is it time to shoot yet :ph34r:

Thirteen slots left, thirteen GM's on board, and in three weeks you'll be looking forward to your next match. Reminder: self-squadding ends June 8!

There's NO hiding out in Production in this one. A few of the shooters are Phil Strader, Kale Garrettson and I know for sure there is a guy in my squad who is a BIG name in the Production world but his name is blocked in the squadding.

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome match. I just got the green light to go, so hoping there is still a slot. Is it possible to shoot it all on Saturday? I'm trying to book my flights and it looks like the only ones back to Atlanta are before 1pm on Sunday.

still need RO's?

Yes, we still need RO's for both Saturday and Sunday. Match entry fee paid, two match shirts, two lunches on Saturday and Sunday. We will reimburse if you have already signed up.

Staff shoots Thursday and/or Friday. PM me if you can help.

Thx

Rod

LadyInBlue is well past $20k on the random prize table. Truly remarkable for a low entry fee match that does not use high match fees to buy prizes, The girl done good. Please check out Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club, and then the High Desert link for the long list of contributong sponsors, and then support them with your $$$$$.

Edited by TaterHead