Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what gun are you using in production

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot a G34, too, but I must say that I see more and more M&P's and (not quite so many) XD's. I'm always tipping my hat if I see an 8-shot revo guy do well in Production. Why would anyone take that torture? What ever happened to the Walther P99, I always fancied one - just to have one - but they never made it to the playground. Anyone know why they failed, at least in terms of USPSA shooter acceptance?

...edited because I dislike typo's...

Edited by Team Amish 1

HK P7M13 :ph34r:

Its surprising how many holsters and accesories there are for a gun thats been out of production this long.

Production legal ?

I'm wondering the same thing. Isn't the squeeze cocker a single action for every shot?

Edited by Canuck223

HK P7M13 :ph34r:

Its surprising how many holsters and accesories there are for a gun thats been out of production this long.

Production legal ?

I'm wondering the same thing. Isn't the squeeze cocker a single action for every shot?

According to the USPSA website it is production legal.

H&K HK45 45ACP (32 oz.), HK45 Compact 45ACP (28.2 oz.), P 30L 9mm (27.6 oz.), P2000 (22 oz.), P30 9mm (25.6 oz.), P7 (28 oz.), P8 (25.3 oz.), USP 45 Auto (30.4 oz.), USP 9mm (27.1 oz.), USP Compact 9mm (25.5 oz.), USP Compact .40 S&W (26.4 oz.), USP Compact 45 Auto (28.2 oz.), USP Compact Stainless 9mm (25.5 oz.), USP Compact Tactical .45 (30.1 oz.), USP Tactical 40 .40 S&W (32.4 oz.), USP Tactical 45 .45acp (32.5 oz.), USP Tactical 9mm (29.2 oz.), USP40 .40S&W (29.2 oz.), USP9SD 9mm (28.2 oz.)

Tactical models in DAO only. DAO DA/SA models only. USP Expert and Combat Competition not allowed due to magwell.

Edited by Rennie

SA XDM .40 with SS guide rod, #14 Wolff spring, Sevigny rear sight, silver bead front sight, and a buttload of grip tape. P.S. Who needs a trigger job when you can just shoot several k rounds and have it drop from over 5lbs to right at 4 lbs :surprise:

I like the weight of my XDM9 but the trigger reset is loooooong.

Rennie,

I had recently noticed that it (all P7 series) was excluded for ISPC Production list. I missed seeing it on the USPSA Production list when I looked.

It's weird that the USPSA list doesn't specify between the various models in the P7 series. You could run into some trouble with the double-stack M13 being different from the P7. If only for the fact that the listed weight would be off.

I don't see any reason why the P7M13 (or P7M10, P7M8) it shouldn't be on the list. If the P7 qualifies, the others should as well. Seems like there were plenty made, they have been available, and they are all of the same basic design.