Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Moonclip Holders

Papaw

If you just want to try out you might borrow som clip holders?

Revolver shooting in the IPSC-world is very much reloading skill dependent, so clip holders are important to get the feel for it.

And lousy clip holders won't let you move right either, you'll drop clips all over the range.....

But that said, absolutely go out and give it a try with a pocketful, nobody is going to laugh, and it will give you and idea of the game. If you'll post on here which match you intend to shoot and what moonclips you are using, I wouldn't be surprised if someone brings you some loaners.

H.

Bob Perdue (the mad genius of Revolver Division) always has a few extra North Mountain Moonclip Holders with him.

I'll go out on a limb here and tell you that I'm sure Bob would let you borrow one for a test-drive at Memphis.

Our new National Champion Mr. Walsh started out with his Moon Clips held in 2 cartridge loop holes of an old Cartridge Belt.

If you're going to be at the Memphis Match just ask, someone will lend you some.

You might even call Sam, seems he had some trick stuff by Austin that were to be loaned out. And if you're close to Memphis it might be an idea to borrow them and practive a bit.

Dave

I will have my son's cup challenge holster and North Mountain clip holder with me too, so you are more than welcome to use them if you want. Just let me know what belt size you need and I will see what I can do about that too.

I have occasionally used a trap shooting dump pouch usually used for shotshells.. but in a pinch that too would work. When I know in advance that there will be a stage where all your ammo starts on a table, I use a modified brass bag that stays permanently affixed to my belt for the duration of the match... otherwise lots of us here likely have extras we can send you. I too have some of those kydex holders that came with a gun I picked up off of here. I have like three sets now.

I've always heard that revolvers shooters were a nice bunch of folks, but you're responses have proven that. Like most everyone else, I have to shoot with limited funds available, so going out and buying new equipment at this time was not an option. I am a law enforcement officer in north Mississippi and look forward to making new friends at the match. Thanks again, Papaw ( this is what my grandchildren call me)

Yea, these revolver folks are awfully good folks. They are very free with good advice and extra gear, especially if you are just getting going. Just do not mention AARP. I did and BOY was that a mistake!!

Before I bought the North Mountain moon clip holder, I was using a nylon shotgun shell belt loop holder. I put 2 .38's in each loop, and I never lost one. I think you can get them at Walmart for about 5 bucks

You can drop two moonclips in a leather HKS snap close speedloader pouch. For real world carry it's a better solution than spring steel clips. Match shooting though better to use the right holders.

Boats

Thanks to all for offering the use of extra equipment. I will be driving in the day of the match, since I only live 80 miles south of the range. I will be wearing a shirt that has Batesville Police Dept on it. Also my waist size is 36. I don't know what size a belt would need to be, I just find one that fits. Papaw