Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boondock Saints: All Saints Day is out Oct. 30

OPENB

If you have been waiting 10 years for the sequel, the wait is almost over. BDS II comes out Oct. 30. Just watched the trailer, and it looks kick ass! The brothers are played by the same actors, & Rocco is back, in spirit, but Willem Defoe is not. Definitely don't want to miss this movie!

That's great movie news!

The first one's high up on the re-watchable list.

be

I have watched the original BDS so much that I fear the sequel will never measure up.....

Oh well I am gonna hope for the best, I will undoubtedly watch it anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i went and saw it right away when it came out, loved it. I had read all the reviews for it too and expected to be disappointed but wasn't at all. I think it was everything a fan of the first movie wanted.

I just wish the barrel extensions they had on their desert eagles were real, I'd need to buy some and make the desert eagle look even better.

I hope you enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
Not playing around here, yet. Reviews don't look good. :(

The reviews for the original weren't good either, FYI.

I can only think of one or two good uses for movie reviews, those people are out of touch with what we (average people) enjoy.

Went and saw it last night. It's a great sequel with a surprise at the end. I didn't see it coming at all. This one is a little funnier than the original also. I enjoy the 1st one a little more as there was a little more drama but this is still very good for a sequel.

Supposedly also the director pissed off a lot of the higher ups during the making of the first movie, which is why distribution was limited to begin with for the first one. I'm glad to hear that they're leaning a little more on the funny and less on the serious for the sequel. I thought that the first one was much more successful at being funny than it was at being serious.

Saw it last night with the wife. Enjoyed it. No gut busting scenes, but a lot of "chuckle" scenes (like the reference to the rope). I liked the first one better, but I will put this one on my "buy" list. If you liked the first one you will like this one. If you didn't like the first one you won't like this one.

I thought Mr Duffy lost a little of his "style", but it could be I was expecting too much after seeing the first movie. The ending is a good set up for another sequel. Sean Flanery (Conner) aged a little rougher than Norman Reedus (Murphy) in the last 10 years. Even my wife made a comment about his puffy eyes (I said who hasn't aged in the last ten years....and she got quiet after that....stupid me). I had my doubts about the character "Romeo" in the beginning, but he was good. I'm kinda in love with Julie Benz ( FBI Special Agent Eunice Bloom). I loved that holster she was wearing (was that a Para she had?)!! I thought she did a pretty good job of replacing Agent Smecker.

Watched it yesterday. Not as good as the first one but not bad. Funnier than the first one and with a good twist at the end.

Wish Mr. Duffy would've hired a competent firearms consultant. The infinite capacity Desert Eagles bothered me.