Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SNAKE

Rolex

cut its head off, watch out it will still bite you, or at least try to up to 2 hours.

take teh knife, up its belly from the head down to the tail.

grab the skin @ the head, other hand gets the body.

pull. it will peel apart pretty easily.

stick yer thumb in its rib cage and run it down like a fish getting out all the guts.

clean it under water, chop it up in about 2-3 inch "rolls" and either BBQ, or pan fry with butter and garlic.

tastes like stringy chicken. white meat, delicious!

i used to hunt them @ the local farms and properties, eat the hell out of them, and sell the skins and heads @ the county fair.

biggest one i got spanned a 2x6 (over hung the edges, about 5 ish feet long with almost a 6" button set on it.

that one was like wrestling with a python. the skake tongs were its playtoy :roflol:

I don't mind rattle snakes that much. I like the idea that they let you know if you are getting close. I hate cottonmouths on the other hand. They are nasty. No warning. They will come after you. The most I had ever seen was in St. Bernard Parish after hurricane Katrina. They were getting into the houses and were hard to see in all the muck. Scary.

Two years ago, a guy I hunt with killed a 6ft diamond back on our hunting club. He blew the head off of it. then he threw it in the back of his pick up and drove back to the clubhouse. He was posing for pics, holding it up, when it reared up and popped him in the arm. The force of impact from the stump where the head was bruised his arm (maybe 30 minutes after he killed it). The best part was how this 6'1", 230lbs guy screamed like a girl and about jumped out of his boots. :roflol:

Edited by Jack Suber

I don't mind rattle snakes that much. I like the idea that they let you know if you are getting close. I hate cottonmouths on the other hand. They are nasty. No warning. They will come after you. The most I had ever seen was in St. Bernard Parish after hurricane Katrina. They were getting into the houses and were hard to see in all the muck. Scary.

Two years ago, a guy I hunt with killed a 6ft diamond back on our hunting club. He blew the head off of it. then he threw it in the back of his pick up and drove back to the clubhouse. He was posing for pics, holding it up, when it reared up and popped him in the arm. The force of impact from the stump where the head was bruised his arm (maybe 30 minutes after he killed it). The best part was how this 6'1", 230lbs guy screamed like a girl and about jumped out of his boots. :roflol:

:roflol:

better than what I would have done....can you say "Depends"? :surprise:

better than what I would have done....can you say "Depends"? :surprise:

The crazy thing is that it really hurt the guy. I mean he ended up with a huge bruise....I never would have figured that having been dead for that long, it would do that. :wacko:

That is pretty wild.

When I was stationed in Texas a buddy of mine ran over a rattlesnake late one night. He backed up and got out to collect it as it was a rather large snake. As he went to pick it up it nailed him. The snake was crushed and yet it still bit him.

He was sick for awhile but made a full recovery.

I'd double decimate it, in honor of G-Man Bart. Shoot it 10 times, then chop it into 10 pieces.

LOL....I generally leave them alone as long as they leave me alone!

For those with dogs, Benadryl right after a bite will really help your pooch recover faster.