Jman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
Hope this isn't some hate the humans, love the rain forest holly-weirdness lesson because the technology really looks impressive.

Jim

Got a bit of that from the trailer....evil capatalistic miners need to move a village of natives becasue they live on top of the biggest deposit of ore...only trouble is they don't want to move

Hope this isn't some hate the humans, love the rain forest holly-weirdness lesson because the technology really looks impressive.

Jim

Got a bit of that from the trailer....evil capatalistic miners need to move a village of natives becasue they live on top of the biggest deposit of ore...only trouble is they don't want to move

Saw the extended trailer. Definitely more education coming from the land of make believe. Just hate seeing that. I'm holding out hope, though not very much, that their will be some good story telling. Can producers be that stupid? I mean spending something like 200 million on the project and $39.95 for the screenplay. Crazy.

Jim

Jim

Saw the extended trailer. Definitely more education coming from the land of make believe. Just hate seeing that. I'm holding out hope, though not very much, that their will be some good story telling. Can producers be that stupid? I mean spending something like 200 million on the project and $39.95 for the screenplay. Crazy.

Jim

My Prediction is Dances with Wolves + Aliens = Avatar. Or Fern Gully in Outer-space.

Avitar is James Cameron, here. And The Last Airbender (here) is M. Night Shyamalan, here. I won't debate the Knight vs. Night thing but the official website is http://www.mnightshyamalan.com/site.html without the K.

I think this thread is talking about two different movies. :P

Avatar is the new James Cameron movie-marines go to new planet, I don't what the Smurf thing is.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the midnight showing.

It is the best looking movie I have ever seen. It is pretty amazing what Cameron can do given the GDP of a small country to work with.

The movie ends up being like Fern Gully. It has strong environmentalist and anti corporate themes that are going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. A few times the audience laughed at the “serious” dialogue.

The movie is good, and worth going to more than once. It is SO well put together and so amazingly shot. You will just find yourself groaning at a few parts. You will find yourself saying “yeah right” when the bow and arrow wielding natives take on helicopter gunships and armored walkers.

The movie is good.. It just could have been a lot better. It may leave some people disappointed.

I saw the midnight showing.

It is the best looking movie I have ever seen. It is pretty amazing what Cameron can do given the GDP of a small country to work with.

The movie ends up being like Fern Gully. It has strong environmentalist and anti corporate themes that are going to rub a lot of people the wrong way. A few times the audience laughed at the “serious” dialogue.

The movie is good, and worth going to more than once. It is SO well put together and so amazingly shot. You will just find yourself groaning at a few parts. You will find yourself saying “yeah right” when the bow and arrow wielding natives take on helicopter gunships and armored walkers.

The movie is good.. It just could have been a lot better. It may leave some people disappointed.

We're planning on a Sunday matinee this weekend.