Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm major

RickyH

I use True Blue now but i was told that Zip is like True Blue. Has anyone used Zip? If so what do you think good or bad and what is the difference?

Edited by RickyH

Silhouette or VV 3n-37 have been the best for me, and I have tried EVERYTHING it seems like. All I care about is consistent dot track and no worries about atmospherics at chrono time with good accuracy. 3n-37 is a bit better than Silhouette but at twice the price it should be.

I have no issues, other than being dirty, with HS-6. It's cheap and been consistent for me. My dot tracks nicely even at 173-175 PF. I like the density of the powder. My load of 8.4 grains behind 124g MG's is not compressed.

7.8 of Trublue with a 124gr.

Silhouette is dirty compared to Trublue and I absolutely can't tell the difference

between the two until I look in the gun to see all the stuff left behind by silhouette.

5in slide EGW "Jim Hand" comp.

Edited by CAB33

This is the barrel comp that I have. the first three holes I'm thinking is using most of the gases. 7.6grn of true blue 124jhp PF162 oal)1.170

post-14638-1250267858_thumb.jpg

Edited by RickyH

I have no experience with Zip, but Silhouette works well for me.

125 gr Zero JHP

7.7 gr Sil

WSR

1.165" OAL

Makes 172ish out of a 5" Schuemann with a Gans comp, no barrel ports, no bleeders.

FWIW

147 FMJ

5.7 power pistol firm crimp

1.170 oal

ran about 1135 out my old open para with 5 3/4 barrel.

That might be something for you to try Ricky. I can't use a 147 because they hit the baffles on the comp and tumble. You don't have a comp, so it might work.