Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perseids

Micah

If you have the chance late tonight, grab a blanket and a loved one, get out of the city, and watch the Perseids meteor shower. Earth wades through the "exhaust fumes" of the Swift-Tuttle comet every year however, so if you had plans to do something else (like sleep) there is always next August.

Nanci and I went out and sat in lounge chairs for an hour or so

We counted 30...but surely missed quite a few

Two of the 30 were incredible...Did I spell that right? :wacko:

Tonight looks way too overcast <_<

Thanks for the heads up PB :cheers: ...The kids and I used to watch this years ago...I miss it, and them :huh:

Jim

Best viewing I ever had was in SW Oklahoma where there were no lights for many miles (maybe because of no electricity....I don't know).

It was so cool. We laid in the bed of my pickup with blankets and pillows down by a river and watched them for hours while consuming cold adult beverages. Lots of action that night. Unfortunately, it's been too overcast this week to see even one.

Siggy,

I'll trade you, you can have my smoke and I'll take your clouds :cheers: They seem to be played out by 0430 when I am leaving for the job site. Oh well, maybe next year I'll be on night shift <_< .

Meteors. The kind that cross the sky.

Other varieties were abundant (what else was there to do?).

Let's see here... we, pickup with blankets and pillows, middle of nowhere, adult beverages, night time.... Hmmm.... guess you're right. I can't think of anything either.

Edited by Toolguy

Meteors. The kind that cross the sky.

Other varieties were abundant (what else was there to do?).

Let's see here... we, pickup with blankets and pillows, middle of nowhere, adult beverages, night time.... Hmmm.... guess you're right. I can't think of anything either.

;)