Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes a 1911 Kydex holster for Tactical Rail 1911

MustangGreg66

So I bought a Kimber TLE RL that I saw used and handled it for the fist time today durring DROS. My intention for the pistol was to possibly use it for single stack competition on the weekends and a nightstand gun the rest of the time. I was just wondering who makes a kydex style holster for the 1911 with a light rail, but without the light attached.

I don't have any holsters for this gun at the moment. If I were to get one that allowed the holstering of the pistol with the light attached, would it also retain it when the light is off the gun? Whats the retention point for these style holsters?

Most kydex holsters pinch the trigger guard. My recommendation would be to call comp-tac. They can make you something for the rail alone I am sure.

I am not sure about retention with a light on, or with a light off in a holster made for a light.

I always buy Bladetech. They tend to have everything, and if it's not listed, they'll usually still make it for you.

~Mitch

The rail guns are getting common enough that I would think all of the bigger holster makers would have something.

I believe Serpa holsters are dangerous for our game.

I don't think the holster is dangerous. I think improper use of a holster that requires you to press something with your trigger finger (or any other) while drawing the gun is a dangerous motion. The Serpa holster from Blackhawk is no more dangerous than the loaded gun it's holding, the user just needs to be conscious of what they are doing. I shot several matches with a Serpa level II holster, and still have a Serpa I use in SS and am fond of it, but it only has 1 level of retention.

I don't have any holsters for this gun at the moment. If I were to get one that allowed the holstering of the pistol with the light attached, would it also retain it when the light is off the gun? Whats the retention point for these style holsters?

I have a Comp-tac locking paddle for my Caspian Recon Rail pistol. Great holster. Is there such a thing as a holster that will retain the gun with the light on or off? I am not familiar with any