Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first Robin Hood

j1b

Back when I bowhunted I always wanted to do that but it just never happened for me. I had several arrows hit but I never really came close to this. That is awesome Jack!

Edited by jasmap

And Myth Busters said it could not be done!

Are you going to mount it?

:cheers:

Yeah, I've got a Caribou rack at work I'm going to put it in.

It's technically called "telescoping" when you do it with composite arrows, and I personally think it sucks. I've lost 4 Satellite Gold arrows like this at $12.00 each! Congrats though!
Arrow are too expensive, I aim for different circles on my target until I get to 50 yards, then I just hope that I don't do as you did.

Nice shooting tho :cheers:

Thanks! Totally agree. Mine cost me something like $22, but it's a trophy. I'll likely never do it again so it's worth it. If it happens more I'll change my philosophy!

Mine was from 20 yards as well. i still have the nock with the point stuck in it somewhere.

Yeah, I'm keeping this baby!

Jack

I used to shoot in local competitions and had that happen to me twice in one night. The first one was cool, the second one was annoying - I spent a lot of time and getting my arrows just the way I wanted them and having two ruined in one night made for an expensive evening.

Welcome to the fraternity, I've got 5, but my first was done at Indoor Nationals in front of a whole lot of witnesses. it was by far my most memorable, 4 were at 20yds and indoors one was at 30yds and outdoors.

Keep it and know that like making GM, it is something that many chase and very few accomplish whether by luck or skill.

Trapr

Welcome to the fraternity, I've got 5, but my first was done at Indoor Nationals in front of a whole lot of witnesses. it was by far my most memorable, 4 were at 20yds and indoors one was at 30yds and outdoors.

Keep it and know that like making GM, it is something that many chase and very few accomplish whether by luck or skill.

Trapr

About the closest I ever got was hitting the same 4'x4' target with two arrows in a row!!!!!! :roflol:

I learned the hard way about practicing with broadheads. After I cut the fletchings off of several, I took the broadheads back off and put the field tips on the ones that still had fletchings on them! I was (am) using Montec G3 125 grain broadheads.

I had a dozen or better before they came out with 5 spot targets.

I had a couple that were my favorites.

1) Shooting a new bow with brand new arrows, first 2 out of the bow. I stopped so there were no other arrows in the target. (barebow, no sights)

2) Carbons, can't remember brand, shaft didn't splinter and fletching matched up perfectly.

3) 50 yards in a 3-D tournament, my carbon inside another persons aluminum, only the point was showing.

Great job, even though it's money wasted they are nice to hold on to.

Very good Jack !!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Luck or not, it doesn't matter. You still did it. (Kind of like making GM as mentioned before)

I shot competitive 3-d here in the southeast of 10 years, knocked so many knocks off that I quit gluing them on and just push and twisted. Only had 1 robin hood in all that.

Hop.

You might find this interesting. I know I did (especially since I've known Mike Grell for years).

http://www.answers.com/topic/howard-hill

I don't see how you could "shoot an arrow along a concealed wire" though. My understanding has always that Hill stood just outside camera range for the famous "splitting an arrow from end-to-end" scene in The Adventures of Robin Hood. Which makes a lot more sense, actually.

BTW, this part of the Wikipedia entry:

He then gives this bow to Queen, who later finds himself on a tropical island using that very bow to survive.

is not true. When Ollie Queen goes over the side of the ship in Grell's The Longbow Hunters, he is NOT holding the Hill bow. In fact, when we washes up on the island, he nearly starves to death before he can make a bow and arrows that will shoot straight, and then learn how to use them well enough to actually hunt successfully.