Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Popular Production Guns

I tried searching but had no luck, I have a friend that is looking for a Production Gun and he is the type of guy that needs a lot of data before he will make a purchace. Is there any kind of info or percentage of shooters using certain guns. I know that Glock, S&W,CZ and XD's are popular, but just telling him that doesn't work for him. He researched for over a year before he bought his last car. I want to get him out shooting at a match sooner than later. Any links would be great. Thanks, Dan

I tried searching but had no luck, I have a friend that is looking for a Production Gun and he is the type of guy that needs a lot of data before he will make a purchace. Is there any kind of info or percentage of shooters using certain guns. I know that Glock, S&W,CZ and XD's are popular, but just telling him that doesn't work for him. He researched for over a year before he bought his last car. I want to get him out shooting at a match sooner than later. Any links would be great. Thanks, Dan

Front Sight magazine usually shows the equipment breakdown for the Nationals. That should be a good metric.

Later,

Chuck

Take your friend to a match and let him see for his self. He will most likely see Glock's being used in Production and a few of the other brands. No offense to the other brands just reality.

If he likes Glock grip angles, 34 or 35.

If he doesn't (like me), M&P Pro.

But I do see a lot of XDMs showing up recently.

I think an XDM40, loaded down for production, or loaded up with an extended mag for Limited, would be a good gun to start with, if he wants versatility. You can't beat the capacity, and the out of the box components.

But I love my PRO Series M&P.

Jeff

Take your friend to a match and let him see for his self. He will most likely see Glock's being used in Production and a few of the other brands. No offense to the other brands just reality.

Been there, done that. This guy is a little different that the average guy.

Ask him if he picks his shoe size based on data on the average shoe size, regardless of how they feel on his feet, or if he prefers to try them on.

-rvb

:mellow:

Maybe this will help. Shooters research by shooting.

The forum administrator once posted something to this effect.

Glock is Pepsi. Their is no Coke. A few Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew

and 7UP types, but no Coke. Yet.

Your friend needs to get to the shooting. His competition has.

:mellow:

Maybe this will help. Shooters research by shooting.

The forum administrator once posted something to this effect.

Glock is Pepsi. Their is no Coke. A few Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew

and 7UP types, but no Coke. Yet.

Your friend needs to get to the shooting. His competition has.

I agree with all of you, I am a Glock guy and I had him shoot my G34 last night, Vanek Custom trigger, Dawson sights he loved the way it felt and he shot good with it. But he is still not going to make a decision until he gets a lot more data. Like I said he is not the average Joe, he needs to see things on paper before he makes up his mind, so here I am just trying to get some useless data for him so that he can make up his mind.

I like Coke. :roflol:

Tell him to take his time and find what works for him Glock,M&P,XD,CZ there are plenty to choose from. Nothing worse than buying a firearm and not being happy with it.

Front Sight magazine usually shows the equipment breakdown for the Nationals. That should be a good metric.

Later,

Chuck

I have most of the back issues still, Thanks

]I conveniently had the correct Front Sight sitting by my throne.

2008 2007

Glock 52% 58%

CZ 14% 13%

S&W 13% 11%

Springfield 11% 9%

Sig 4 % 3%

Ok, that is something that I think he could use. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Tell him who Rob Leatham is and what he shoots.....or pick another National Champ and tell him what they shoot. Then tell him he can't shoot yours anymore.

Just my take on it..................Joe

-------------------------------------------------------------------

xxx

Edited by Flexmoney
Political content removed.

• 2 months later...

Can he narrow it down to DA/SA vs striker fired or maybe steel vs plastic?

CZ Shadow vs Glock

CZ Shadow vs M&P

CZ Shadow vs XDm

IF you believe the seller: "CZ 75 SP01 Shadow CZ 75 Shadow Most Popular USPSA IPSC Production Gun In The World"

Edited by 1SOW

2008 2007

Glock 52% 58%

CZ 14% 13%

S&W 13% 11%

Springfield 11% 9%

Sig 4 % 3%

I think there's going to be a decent spike (up) in the M&P numbers based off what I saw Nationals (this year). It'll be interesting to see if what I saw matches up with reality. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

2008 2007

Glock 52% 58%

CZ 14% 13%

S&W 13% 11%

Springfield 11% 9%

Sig 4 % 3%

I think there's going to be a decent spike (up) in the M&P numbers based off what I saw Nationals (this year). It'll be interesting to see if what I saw matches up with reality. R,

I agree. I think the M&P numbers will increase and I also believe the XDM numbers will increase. I believe the M&P will be the one with the greatest percentage spike though. I love my XDM but I'd buy an M&P to play around with.

Glad your friend finally found a platform. I have friends like yours. They are a pain in the ass (but still my friends). At some point, after you've given your advice, you just need to leave this type of person alone and and maybe one day, when they are ready, they'll show up at a match. From past experience, the wishy washy decision making on what gear to use is really a way of saying they are not ready to start shooting yet for whatever reason.

Glad your friend finally found a platform. I have friends like yours. They are a pain in the ass (but still my friends). At some point, after you've given your advice, you just need to leave this type of person alone and and maybe one day, when they are ready, they'll show up at a match. From past experience, the wishy washy decision making on what gear to use is really a way of saying they are not ready to start shooting yet for whatever reason.

Agreed. I used to work with a fella who spent MONTHS researching... not just window shopping, but RESEARCHING the best push lawn mower. Spent tons of money on the BEST push lawn mower...... then let it sit in his garage and hired a lawn service! :roflol:

-rvb

I forgot that I even started this Topic, he settled for a G17. Another Glock guy :cheers: Thanks for all of your replys.

What do you mean "he settled for a G17."? Did he like something else better? Not sure what you mean be settled...

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old topic but something struck me as seeming a bit odd. It seems the gun shopper wanted to know which gun was the most popular? Who cares? While the answers may be interesting, the overriding factor is how well does a particular gun work for you. Choosing one, like choosing an IWB holster or a bicycle seat, is a very individual thing.

Boxers vs. briefs may be an interesting discussion for some but I like what I like no matter what others think.

Edited by Sullie

• 7 months later...