Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sweat and grip

Get'em Duck

I use ProGrip cream. I realized that most of my grip-slip problems were the fingers of my support hand slipping on across the fingers of my strong hand, and no amount of skate tape helps that.

I don't have the problem but I know many race drivers and motocross riders use anti-perspirant on their hands and even their foreheads. May be worth a try. It works for them. :cheers:

That's basically what Pro Grip is, just concentrated and with out the perfume.

Sometimes it is oil that dripped into the grip. I do clean the grip at home before the match and at the match I use rosin to keep it dry and oil free. For the hands, rosin, Pro Grip or hand sanitizer (alcohol gel) they all keep the hands dry and oil free. For the grip there is another option: tennis racket overgrip, like Tourna grip, Gamma grip and similar overgrips. It works pretty well for me playing tennis or shooting here in South Florida. You can find it in any sports store, even at Wal-Mart.

If you are not familiar with tennis stuff, here is how it looks like: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_sg?url=s...amp;x=0&y=0

I don't have the problem but I know many race drivers and motocross riders use anti-perspirant on their hands and even their foreheads. May be worth a try. It works for them. :cheers:

Lets see,,,,,,,it's in my bathroom and cheap. The wife will buy it for you without question. You don't have to go to the high priced sporting goods store, and my friends haven't smelled my hands in quite awhile <_<

Stippling doesn't seem to work worth a damn when it is wet regardless of the level of "bite". I have settled on Pro Grip cream on the outside of my dominant hand and the inside of my offhand with TruGrip tape on the grip. Haven't been with too little grip since.

Just a heads up.

When ProGrip is not available, PrinceGrip seems to be the same stuff and is found in the tennis dept of most sporting good stores.

post-12069-1247555005_thumb.jpg

You beat me to it. I get that at the local Dick's Sporting Goods and seems to work well.

Just a heads up.

When ProGrip is not available, PrinceGrip seems to be the same stuff and is found in the tennis dept of most sporting good stores.

post-12069-1247555005_thumb.jpg

You beat me to it. I get that at the local Dick's Sporting Goods and seems to work well.

Yep, Prince Grip works great.

A.T.

Thanks for the replies, I'm just looking for a little extra grip I run a kimber 1911 with VCD grips and a grip tape front strap. I was mostly looking for something to keep my hands dry. I bowled for years maybe I'll break out my rosin bag and give it a try.