Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cool old style motorcycles?

Hello: I was going to look for a old look but new motorcycle. Kinda a retro bike look but new. Something like the new Mini's and Mustangs etc. Do any of you guys have a suggestion for me. Not really a Harley guy but do like the looks of the old XR750's. I do like the older English,German and Jap bikes though. Let me know. Thanks, Eric

EASY! Triumph Bonneville T100.

Totally retro look

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/usa/2009...eT100_9816.aspx

I had a riding buddy that had a Daytona named Susan... she was a BAD girl.... ;-)

(Quick Edit... if you have $$$ Exile Fat Bloke - http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=16 )

Seth (If only there wasn't a wife and a 2 year old, there'd be motorcycles again)

Edited by Seth

Hello: I was going to look for a old look but new motorcycle. Kinda a retro bike look but new. Something like the new Mini's and Mustangs etc. Do any of you guys have a suggestion for me. Not really a Harley guy but do like the looks of the old XR750's. I do like the older English,German and Jap bikes though. Let me know. Thanks, Eric

Talked my dad into cosigning a loan for me when I was a senior in high school back in 1966. Bought a 1964 Bonneville (T120R) from a guy shipping out in the Navy - was mint - $750. It was sooooooooo cooooooooool. I bought a new Harley in 05 - performance LowRider with engine mods. Really nice bike - but nothing will ever replace the memories of the summer of 66 and my Triumph!!!!!!!!!!

Hello: I really like the looks of the Triumphs :cheers: I do have a gas tank from a 1973 Triumph Bonneville. It used to belong to my uncle's bike. I drove that bike when I was just 12 and it would do wheelies with me on it. I could not get used to the right side shifter though. Keep the sugestions coming since I am not in any hurry. Thanks, Eric

Eric,

Don't have a suggestion regarding an old/new scooter but your post made me think of the older bikes. I would love to find a Kawasaki 500cc triple. They were gawdawful quick. Scary bike with only drum brakes. I've been toying with the idea of buying a Buell 1200S Lightning. Gas in the frame, engine oil in the swingarm for a low center of gravity. Could be a real fun scooter.

CYa,

Pat

I have always had a thing for Italian bikes. If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a new bike with a throwback look. You might check out the Ducati Sport 1000s

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2009/Mode...SCSPORT1000S-09

sport_1000_s_1.jpg

Had a chance to see one of the Ducati's in action in England while watching a bicycle race. It was out front leading/running safety for the cyclists. Man, what a fantastic looking/sounding bike and acceleration; got my heart a pounding. I would have dropped the credit card right there if there would have been a dealership in front of me.

Talked the rider afterwards and he just loved it for high speed running - which was pretty apparent from the color on his pipes.

Hello: I thought I was the only one looking for the vintage look. You guys have been looking as well I see :cheers: I also like the look of a friends Kawasaki Drifter that he drives once in a while. It is an older model and green. Ducati make some great bikes for sure but I am getting a little to old/smart for clip on handlebars. Besides I think my belly would get in the way :roflol: I do have a 2000 Suzuki SV650 that is my cheap mans Ducati. I need to move it to the new house though. Keep the info coming. Thanks, Eric

My son has a Harley 883R with Storz Performance add ons and it is a really neat scooter. That bike has a totally different personality than my 883 did. I also like the trumpets and ducks, but the support of the major players means a lot if you take a trip and have trouble.

Good luck

Bill

I had a '57 Indian Trailblazer which was actually a Royal Enfield with the Indian nameplate. Fast bike.

Enfield made a 750TT Interceptor that was a real rocket ship too. Similar to a Norton Commando. These Enfield upright twins were made in England... not India. One cool feature on Enfield transmissions... A Neutral finder. Just kick it and you've got Neutral.

If you want to get your hands dirty and do some modifications, you can get into XS650's and do pretty much anything you want - I've been wanting to build a Street Tracker out of one for years...

Check out 650cycles.com or just google "XS650 Street Tracker" for some inspiration.

Examples:

My all time favorite:

TimRosse1.jpg

TimRosse2.jpg

A little more modern:

mulexs650.jpg

mulexs650b.jpg

Edited by Dave Gundry

I had a Norton just like this one. Current bike is a '01 Kaw Concours. I have had too many bikes to count over the years. I even had two "Death Machines" - Kawasaki H1 and H2. Currently looking at either a '08 1250 Bandit, '08 SV650 and a FZ1. The Connie is a great bike - just a little heavy for around town. The Concours is a pretty darn good touring bike. Kaw made very few changes over 20 years of production.

http://www.roncobb.com/Norton1971.html

Edited by Joe D