Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interactive Dillon Press caliber conversion chart

300 Weatherby Magnum is same as 300H&H and 300Win Long Mag (#20188).

260Rem is same shellplate as 308 etc and uses the Powder funnel Y (#12870), it is the same as 6.5x55 / 6.5-06 (#20207).

Much appreciated - I've adjusted the titles on those conversions to reflect the additional calibers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing around with newer presses/calibers, and noted that the results for the 38 Special conversion for the 550 have the incorect Locator Buttons and Powder Funnel:

Machine Caliber 550 Shellplate Locator Buttons Powder funnel

Dillon 550 38 Special / 357 Magnum 2 4 W

(Should be "2" for the Locator Buttons, and "D" for the Powder Funnel.

Also for (550) 9mm, it should be the "F" Powder Funnel (not "9").

Thanks for the awesome app!

be

Thanks for the correction - I've adjusted it accordingly. I am pretty sure that the "9" must have appeared because my eyes were on the 9x18mm Makarov right above 9mm in the 550 manual.

BTW, I just noticed that the 550 casefeeder manual has ANOTHER set of conversions in it. I'm contemplating now whether or not to go typing all that in. Do those parts come with the 550 casefeeder, or do you buy them separately?

For the 550, the Casefeed Conversions are ordered separately.

The only common "overlap" I can think of with the 550 Casefeed Conversions is for 40 and 10mm. They are separate Casefeed Conversions, but the only item that's different in them is the Adapter.

Or in other words, if you have a 40 Casefeed Conversion, and you want to load 10mm, the only part you need is the "Red" Adapter (which comes in a 45 ACP Casefeed Conversion).

be

• 1 month later...

So, I have a friend who wishes to know what to use for a caliber conversion for 6.5x52mm (for his Carcano).

Also, need to know what to use for 7.62x25mm Tokarev.

Any chance I can get conversion kit specs for these, for the 650 / 550 / 1050 (if it exists)? I'll happily throw them into the caliber conversion app for the benefit of all.

• 3 months later...
Can someone edit the URL in the original post?

The thegunwiki.com domain expired recently and I don't have access to renew it.

In the meantime, all thegunwiki.com URLs will work fine if you substitute gunwiki.net for thegunwiki.com.

The correct link is presently: http://gunwiki.net/apps/calconversion/

Thanks!

I tried to go to the old link the other day and was sad when it wasn't there.

be

• 2 weeks later...

Added some new features to the conversion system. I figured since I have all the data in a database, I may as well make it more accessible.

So, all the conversions in the screen are now clickable. If you click on a conversion, it'll show all the parts used in the conversion.

Now this is what's really neat - click any of the parts, and it'll tell you all the other conversions it can be used in.

Example, hit this URL and it'll show you the 650's 30 M1 Carbine conversion.

http://gunwiki.net/apps/calconversion/showconvparts.asp?convid=17

Click any of the parts, it'll tell you where else those parts can be used.

One minor quibble though - looking in the 30 M1 Carbine conversion in the Dillon 650 manual, it seems there are a number of misprints in the SKU's of the parts. It says powder funnel C, but it lists the SKU for powder funnel B.

And interestingly enough, it seems the case insert slide doesn't appear for sale on Dillon's website separately. Not that I'd need to order it separately, but I'm kind of curious what it looks like.

Edited by grammaton76

QUOTE (grammaton76 @ Jan 8 2010, 02:56 PM) Can someone edit the URL in the original post?

The thegunwiki.com domain expired recently and I don't have access to renew it.

In the meantime, all thegunwiki.com URLs will work fine if you substitute gunwiki.net for thegunwiki.com.

The correct link is presently: http://gunwiki.net/apps/calconversion/

Thanks!

I tried to go to the old link the other day and was sad when it wasn't there.

be

link still not working for me this is what i see when i click the link

Welcome to the Main web

Congratulations, you have finished installing Foswiki. This site is running Foswiki version Foswiki-1.0.9, Sun, 17 Jan 2010, build 6075, Plugin API version 2.0

To learn more about Foswiki, visit the System web. Please ensure that the read/write permissions for each web on your site match your access control policies (see System.DefaultPreferences and Main.SitePreferences). Replace this text with a description of your new Foswiki site.

Main Web Utilities

Leave a comment <a href="http://del.icio.us/post?url=http://gunwiki.net/Main/WebHome&title=WebHome" >delicious.gifdigg.gif reddit.gif facebook.gif stumbleupon.gif | Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actionsTopic revision: r2 - 20 Jan 2010 - 16:49:43 - TestDork

Great utility, Thank you.

The conversion calculator lists the 'Red' casefeed adapter, #13143

for .40 S&W while Dillon lists the adapter as the Purple #18076.

Dillon lists the same conversion kit as covering the 10mm as well which

uses the Red CF adapter. Not sure why they decided that something

different was needed for the .40 which is the same diameter as 10mm.

Great utility, Thank you.

The conversion calculator lists the 'Red' casefeed adapter, #13143

for .40 S&W while Dillon lists the adapter as the Purple #18076.

The really trippy thing here is that Dillon's manual for the 650 actually lists both the red AND the purple, on page 44.

I've added the purple adapter in, given that Dillon's manual seems to indicate that this is supplied with the conversion kit in addition to the red part.

That having been said, I have that conversion kit and have not seen the purple casefeed adapter, so I'm not so sure they are shipping it.

Incidentally, the sorting method on the caliber conversions just finished bugging me enough to make me actually change it to a standard top->bottom column layout, rather than the calibers going across.

Edited by grammaton76

If this has something to do with the above - I'm pretty sure the 650's Caliber Conversion Kit for 40/10mm included the Casefeed Adapters for both calibers.

be

It's not that I don't believe that's the way it's supposed to be - it's just that I don't remember seeing one in mine (and I always wondered why 40S&W fed unreliably with the one in my box - the red one).

At least I know now that I need to order it. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow what a great app, thank you so much for your hard work. I'm really impressed you have 45 win mag in your data, that is my favorite magnum round and info on it is hard to find. Thanks again.

Lou

• 3 weeks later...

Since there are a number of cartridges that Dillon doesn't list but that I load for, thought you might find this info useful. For the 550: the 221 FB and 17 FB both use shell plate 3, locator buttons are #3 and the powder funnels are the 22 cal, A funnel, and 17 cal, O funnel, (same as 17 Rem) respectively if that helps. 17FB data will work witth 17 MK4. 20 Vartag uses 3 shell plate, #3 locator and 204 powder funnel. 17 AH and the just released 17 Hornady Hornet, use E shell plate, #8 locator buttons and 17 caliber powder funnel.

Awesome app. Thanks. Really think this should be tagged as a sticky.

Edited by Dean2

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you made the change Sean, or if it's just my newer Mac OS, but your page works fine on my MacBook Pro. Guess it's been a while on this thread. Thanks for all your hard work, I read the "Making of" you wrote and didn't understand anything but the filler words. Damn, must be cool understanding all that gobbledy gook.

It's been quite a while since I looked back at this thread. I JUST saw the new caliber conversions mentioned in the thread, and they've been added as of today. Thank you very much for the information.

If anyone has more caliber conversions, I'd love to see them. It may be better to email me directly via grammaton76@gunwiki.net or private message me here, though.

• 1 year later...