Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Glock 35 Trigger For The $$

Chris_Andersen

So I got a pretty good deal on a glock 35 from a neighbor recently and am considering building it into a limited gun at some point.

Currently shooting an M&P in production with trigger work and had a chance to dry fire a gun with a similar trigger before I got it done. I may not have the same option on the Glock and welcome opinions.

Bang for the buck would be great. Recommendations?

If you are going to shoot USPSA Limited or Production, it's hard to find a better deal than the Classic Kit from Charlie Vanek. For $125 you get a very crisp light trigger with a crisp but minimal reset and a pull that's as smooth as glass.

If you are going to shoot USPSA Limited or Production, it's hard to find a better deal than the Classic Kit from Charlie Vanek. For $125 you get a very crisp light trigger with a crisp but minimal reset and a pull that's as smooth as glass.

+1 :cheers:

Polishing and RP springs make it light but not near the quality of a vanek trigger which is light and amazingly crisp with a great reset. Its not mushy at all like most light springs connectors and polish jobs i have seen

You can do it yourself for the cost of polishing compound (Simichrome) and get eighty percent of what you can buy.

Add a reduced power firing pin spring and you get most of the rest.

These percentages sound a little optimistic to me...for one, they don't account for the significant benefits of the over-travel screw Charlie sets up. FWIW, I run two of Charlie's triggers and a number of Glocks in various configurations from polished stock, to ones with connector and spring changes.

For my money, Charlie's triggers are about as good as a tuned Glock trigger is going to get. They run at 100 percent and stay that way...I have over 25K rounds on one of his triggers and with only spring replacement on normal intervals, it functions as perfectly as when new and all safeties work as intended...something I can't say about other triggers I have tried. His service is top notch, as well.

Curtis

It hasn't been mentioned yet ;) , but Charlie Vanek Link To Vanek Website

I was chatting with him just the other day. He is a down to earth GM shooter that will answer the phone personally and take care of you for whatever reason.

Top notch customer service + best Glock trigger available + priced better than "others" = Vanek Custom

I have shot a Glock with a Vanek trigger and it is as nice as they come, but I do my own Glock trigger work. For about $30 and an hour of my time I get a pull that I feel is comparable to the Vanek. I'm not knocking Vanek. He makes a great product for anyone that doesn't have the time or experience to do it themselves. Here is a run down on what I do. Please note that I am not a professional and following the instructions are how I do the work on my own guns. If you mess your gun up by following my advice it is still your fault.

I use the Ghost Rocket Connector ($18) and the Wolff Reduced Power Striker Spring ($6 for a 3 pack). You can get both parts from Brownells. I do not use the Wolff Competition Pak springs because I have found that the extra power trigger spring and the reduced power firing pin safety spring to be unreliable. You will also need an assortment of stones, JB Bore Compound, Cratex tips and some sanding sticks (fine). I do all the stoning and polishing before fitting the Ghost Connector.

I polish all contact surfaces with the stones starting with 320 grit followed by 400, 600, and finishing with 800. After stoning I polish with fine and very fine Cratex points. If you don't have Cratex points you can use buffs and some Flitz or polishing compound of choice. The parts are now slick and smooth. Remember you don't want to change any engagement angles. Now I fit the Ghost Connector per the instructions included with the connector. After everything has been fitted correctly and all safety features are still active I add the JB Bore Compound to all of the mating surfaces. I then cycle the slide and dry fire 100 to 200 times to get everything mated properly. When you are done with the JB make sure you strip the gun and clean it all out. Check all mating surfaces to see that you are getting solid and consistent engagement. If you need to make any adjustments do so now by repeating the stoning and polishing. Then lap everything in with the JB if needed. Clean, lubricate and assemble. If done correctly I get the trigger pull right at 3lbs.

If you are really feeling adventurous you can change the angle on the tip of the cruciform sear and stone off the corner of the striker leg and get a pull down to 2lbs. I wouldn't suggest messing with the angles on the sear or the striker unless you know what you are doing and are prepared to junk some parts until you get it right. Hope this helps.

So I got a pretty good deal on a glock 35 from a neighbor recently and am considering building it into a limited gun at some point.

Currently shooting an M&P in production with trigger work and had a chance to dry fire a gun with a similar trigger before I got it done. I may not have the same option on the Glock and welcome opinions.

Bang for the buck would be great. Recommendations?

I have three of Charlie Vanek's triggers-on Glock 34, 35, and 17. The best. Stock Glock triggers are great, with a really fast reset, but for long range shots, fast, the trigger has to have a smooth pull, and stock triggers aren't. To make a G35 work for limited all you need to do is get some Arredondo or other basepads to get your capacity up to 19 or twenty and do the trigger, and put Sevigny sights on. Good luck! Oh, and practice a lot!

NEVER had a single failure to ignite of any shell I have put in the glock with the vanek trigger. That includes some old wolf ammo I used up for limited 10 and a steady diet of CCI blazer/Blazer Brass which is suppose to have one of the hardest primers out there.

It seems that when posters were describing the Vanek triggers, they had experienced very high reliability.

Did I miss any posts that indicate that there are "several" problems with Vanek triggers igniting primers?

Sorry, that was just a thread that indicated why better shooters tended to prefer stock or near stock trigger set ups, an observation I had made by reading past threads, talking to shooters, and verified in the Glock trigger poll I took a while back. As I understand both Sevigny and Vogel shoot stock triggers.

As for "several" failures to ignite primers with a Vanek. That was my own personal experience. After switching back to a stock set up I shoot as well or better and don't have to sweat a primer that's not fully seated. I also don't have to add $130+ to the price of every Glock I shoot, and being a tightwad I like that.