Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which City for a Gunlover :)

Good day to all.

I just got the GO signal from the "Finance Department" (wink wink) that i can go ahead and schedule a trip to the US of A :) and the first thing that popped into my head is... GUNS :) im gonna make this trip (since i'm travelling by myself) a Gun related trip.. heheheh.. Meaning all the pocket money goes to gun accessories and the City to visit is filled with gunstore to gawk at(whipes drool). Dont get me wrong.. i know the internet is filled with the webstores that offers way more items and maybe cheaper items than local gunstores(correct me if i'm wrong here) but i just want to visit gunstores.. look at guns that i don't think in my lifetime can buy or own "legally" in my country. and try out scopes.. yeah.. im in the market for a scope(Maybe a NightForce NXS.. drooling agian) :roflol: I have a few questions...

Can you travel with gun accessories?? i'll probably be landing in Los Angeles or maybe Las Vegas(ticket are cheaper than East Coast by a few hundred bucks) and from there go around West Coast. What suggestions do you guys have for a "gun" tourist like me?? travel wise?? never been to the US.. my tourist visa was granted to me 9 years ago.. never got the chance to use it, with me getting married.. having kids... handling the family business.. etc. So i better make this trip worth it. Help :)

Try it here in Missoula, Montana. We're between Yellowstone and Glacier Park, and we are blessed to be in one of (if not THE) most gun-friendly states. We also have beautiful shooting ranges, and super weather. What more could you want?

Edited by MT_Bear

Phoenix AZ has some of the best gun shops for drowling I've seen in my travels across the country. Look up the Scotsdale Gun Club if you make it there. Look in the yellow pages - there should be one in your hotel room.

West Coast not as gun friendly...middle of the country=mucho gun friendly

If you happen to make it in October... www.machinegunshoot.com near Louisville, KY. Yes you CAN shoot the machine guns...you can rent about anything you can think of...from PPSH41/42 to a .50

Then they also have national gun day- but I'm unsure of the fall date.

Yes you can travel with gun accessories.

As Boz said there's always the nationals if you go that route.

Where are you coming from?

If you happen to make it in October... www.machinegunshoot.com near Louisville, KY. Yes you CAN shoot the machine guns...you can rent about anything you can think of...from PPSH41/42 to a .50

Just east of the west coast is very gun friendly.....AZ, NV.ID, all have great "toy stores"

I would second the vote for Phoenix. If you can make it around the first week of December, you could easily spend two days at the Small Arms Review gun show during the weekend and hit all the local shops during the week.

And as the a previous poster said. If you can make it further east, the Knob Creek Machine gun shoots are outstanding.

Can you travel with gun accessories??

It is possible that you could have an issue with magazines that hold over 10 rounds in California. I think you'd have to have some pretty bad luck for anyone to notice.

You mentioned a scope, you'd have zero issues with that.

Wasup Pinoy! If you happen to make it in Vegas give me a holler and we'll hit up a few. Best thing to do when buying accessories is to ship via Balikbayan Box (sorry guys, it's a Filipino thing, basically a delivery service). That leaves out the hassle of hauling it around during your travel. As mentioned, the USPSA Nationals will be held in Las Vegas this September. Let me know if you have questons. Mabuhay!

Just east of the west coast is very gun friendly.....AZ, NV.ID, all have great "toy stores"

True!

I don't want ID mad at me... :cheers:

I just didn't want OP to think all is sunny on the coast and get in trouble due to the aforementioned 10 rd mag-type issues. It sure is pretty out there though.

No matter where you land or go...The US is a great land and you'll enjoy it no matter what part.

+1 for Rocky Mountain cities...

Try to find a Cabella's superstore.

Mucho firearms for sale, and gun rooms with the really expensive stuff.

+1 going to the superstores. I took my bro-in-law to Bass Pro and was tripping out seeing all the ammo on the shelves like he's in a supermarket.

I'm here in the Phoenix metro area and I'd have to agree that this is a shooters paradise. We have a TON of smaller gun shops as well as the large companies such as Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop. I have at least 7 or 8 gunstores within 20 minutes of me. I also have several great gunsmiths that live close to me.

+1 on Phoenix living here for 30 years lots of shooting related stores & Ipsc shooting. Although Central Texas (Austin) really impressed me.

While traveling there for work the gun shops where really well stocked and the gun shows where over the top. You should try to

check out both areas if you have time while in the country.

dcalvert

The Orlando Florida area ain't too shabby. We are the homes of Para, Knights, Spikes and several others besides the fact that there's a match every weekend within an hour and a half drive. Phoenix is really nice though.

September = Nationals in Vegas, Baby!!

What?? the Nationals on Vegas?? whoa whoa whoa..... Pistol Nationals?? like TGO, Dave, Travis, and all that?? hell i'd sign up as a paster or brass boy for me to go there :) When exactly is that?? any dates??

Phoenix huh.. hhmm.... sounds interesting... so.. vegas, phoenix.. one city to go :) correct me if i'm wrong but these cities are pretty near (300 Miles) ouch :) hahahaha.

Wasup Pinoy! If you happen to make it in Vegas give me a holler and we'll hit up a few. Best thing to do when buying accessories is to ship via Balikbayan Box (sorry guys, it's a Filipino thing, basically a delivery service). That leaves out the hassle of hauling it around during your travel. As mentioned, the USPSA Nationals will be held in Las Vegas this September. Let me know if you have questons. Mabuhay!

Mabuhay :) uy norbs007 :) Vegas is one place i don't want to miss. Love cards.. especially Bakarat :P hehehe... any reccomendations on Vegas?? Hotel, Motel or whatever do you recomend?? not on the expensive side.. hehehe... I'd rather spend on the accessories than the spent it on the Hotel :) heheheh..

If you ask nicely, and they have the time, you just might score a tour of the Dillon factory (perhams PM'ing Dillon this forum would help set something up). The tour of the factory (including the model room where they make target drones, the Minigun setup, and the hanger for the Dillon air force is based) followed by a visit to the Scottsdale gun club (very close to the factory) was a high point of my Arizona trips.

September = Nationals in Vegas, Baby!!

What?? the Nationals on Vegas?? whoa whoa whoa..... Pistol Nationals?? like TGO, Dave, Travis, and all that?? hell i'd sign up as a paster or brass boy for me to go there :) When exactly is that?? any dates??

Phoenix huh.. hhmm.... sounds interesting... so.. vegas, phoenix.. one city to go :) correct me if i'm wrong but these cities are pretty near (300 Miles) ouch :) hahahaha.

Open Nats are September 12-15 and Limitted Nats are Septmeber 17-20. Check it out here.

http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/ You can always stay at the match hotel (Orleans) and mingle.

Mike