Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

15 years with a good friend

Jeeper

15 years ago, at the age of 18 I brought home a six week old dalmatian. Last week I had to put her down. Although people usually put this in the What I Hate section, I would rather celebrate the 15 years that I was lucky enough to spend with her by my side. I will never forget her and she can never be replaced. She was with me through my entire adult life, throught hte birth of my 3 kids, the loss of my mother and every other major event in my life. She taught me what it was to love unconditionally. Evertime I pick up my limited gun I will be reminded of her, as the Serial number is MILLER35.

I will see you again some day my friend.

Gun_Totin.jpg

Miller.jpg

What a great tribute Jeeper!

We were getting a kick out of the first picture! I just love a dog that will let you dress em up. Never gets old :roflol:

:cheers: To you and Miller, that we may alll be so lucky as to have friends like the two of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that Keith and Miller were definitely best buds. I stayed with Keith years ago when I went to a Space City match and the two dogs welcomed me as enthusiastically as Keith did.

So sorry about your loss man.

jeeper, as I type this Scout is trying to get me to pay attention to him instead, by flipping my arm off the keyboard.

I have done the same as you and had him used as a serial # scout1, looking at your pics, it seems that we both have had the extreme pleasure of a much better life with our DOGS.

We will be seeing them soon.

Trapr

I'm so glad you had all that time with her to enjoy. A celebration of your dog is definitely the best tribute. You did a great job of being HER companion, too, from the sound of it. Good job! B)

15 years ago, at the age of 18 I brought home a six week old dalmatian. Last week I had to put her down. Although people usually put this in the What I Hate section, I would rather celebrate the 15 years that I was lucky enough to spend with her by my side. I will never forget her and she can never be replaced. She was with me through my entire adult life, throught hte birth of my 3 kids, the loss of my mother and every other major event in my life. She taught me what it was to love unconditionally. Evertime I pick up my limited gun I will be reminded of her, as the Serial number is MILLER35.

I will see you again some day my friend.

Gun_Totin.jpg

Miller.jpg

What a great tribute. I don't tear up much, but I did. I love my Elle and Ruby, my Catahoulas. Sorry for your loss. I love this forum.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one. I know how you feel. My dogs, current and past, were and are just like regular members of my family. Some disagree, but I believe that there will be dogs in Heaven! And if there aren't dogs in Heaven, I want to go where my dogs go.

sorry for your loss. sometimes its hard to tell if they belong to us or us to them. when it comes time to get another one, notice i didn't say replace him. it will ease the pain a-lot, but wait until your ready. when my first one went back in the early 90's i never would have believed i could go look at a litter of pups and walk away but i did until i found my stoney. he'll be 15 july 4th and i never miss a chance to love on him. i expected him to replace Red for the first 2-3 years and a wiemy just isn't a lab. after i realized no other dog could fill Reds shoes i loved him for what he was. and it made the memory of Red even more special.

don't let heartache stop you from giving a lucky dog a great home!!!!!

I know it's hard and I've been there more times than I could wish. Meg, our first, A yellow lab, the soul of a hunter, at 14. Elsa, yellow lab, a gentle giant at 95 # and no fat, At 15. Clara, yellow lab, A little sweetie at 55#, at 14. Turner, A black lab mix from the shelter, named so since he was returned once to the shelter, at 5 from a heart attack. Milo, as best we could tell, a min pin mix, ran up to my wife in a restaurant parking lot and laid on her feet. He stayed with us and was the terror of the robins and rabbits in the back yard, he was approx 15 when he went. Please consider another friend when the time is right for you. We now have Elsa, yellow lab, coming on 10, another gentle giant. Roscoe, black lab mix with a bottle brush tail at 5 and Hannah, yellow lab and a real hotshot in training at 1 year on memorial day. None can ever "replace" another in fact or memory.Thank God, they live in the moment, And sometimes we can too. All the best in the future. Jim