Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Unit cancelled!

ajg308

I hate to hear that. I DVR'ed it every week.

I will have to confess, though that I was pretty envious of Jonas gettin 12 rounds out of a 1911 and a 7/8 round mag in a recent episode. I need a mag like that.

Edited by bbbean

I will have to confess, though that I was pretty envious of Jonas gettin 12 rounds out of a 1911 and a 7/8 round mag in a recent episode. I need a mag like that.

Stuff like that is always annoying, but it was an enjoyable show and I'm sad to see it go.

It figures :angry2:

Add to this list

Over there

Tour of duty

firefly

Jag

and just about every other show I like

NCIS and CSI are about all that is left and CSI is not near as good as it was <_<

Jim

Man I was way hooked on tour of duty as well. I never missed it.

Tour of Duty, loved that show! My Dad and i wated it every week. My job was to run the VCR and skip commericals.

Jag was also a good one.

CBS is killin me.

Add to this list

Over there

Tour of duty

firefly

Jag

and just about every other show I like

NCIS and CSI are about all that is left and CSI is not near as good as it was <_<

Jim

I hate to hear that. I DVR'ed it every week.

I liked how he flinched with every shot!

I watched but there was just enough pc crap and "conditioning" the public, that I was about done with it.

FM

I liked it as well. All of the stuff around the wives made me a nuts...and don't get me started on the psychic stuff that they had going for a while.

Bummer about Life too.

At least this new Southland show is shaping up to be pretty good.

That sucks... I got into The Unit late, so I am still catching up with past seasons on DVD.

Add to this list

Over there

Tour of duty

I still can't believe Over There got canned... that was one of the best military shows ever.

And good call on Tour of Duty... that's going back a ways, but that was a great show too.

One of the issues is that shows cost more money to produce as they age --- the cast and crew want raises, etc. So unfortunately even profitable shows get killed, because the expectation is that they'll earn less than what a new breakout hit will earn the network.....

I'll miss The Unit --- but I'll really miss Life.....

Wikipedia on The Unit page says

"The series originally aired on CBS from March 7, 2006, to May 10, 2009. After the network announced the show's cancellation, its producers announced the show would return as a syndicated series in the 2009-2010 season."

Mark

The show for me was good but a bit far fetched at times. The CO screwing one of his guys wives almost did it for me. Then they sat around drinking and voted to kill him for it? Come on!!! Then let him live? Come on!! Then shooting up american cities with civilian casualties? Come on!! Then nearly raping a member of the team as cover? Come on!! With the CO in on it? Come on!!

GREAT SHOW OTHERWISE THOUGH. I'll miss it.

The Unit was a great show, not a perfect show, but probably the best show on T.V. these days. The local morning radio show I listen to recently pointed out how T.V. has been moving rapidly toward female only programming. No offense to the ladies on the site but I definately agree. The desperate housewives have taken over the remote, guess I'll have to stick with the Outdoor, Pursuit, and Sportsman channels. NCIS is still a good one but it's only a matter of time. I can't remember the name of it but re-runs of the show with the nuclear attacks/civil war are still pretty great to watch.

Tiz