Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocks and Lone Wolf Barrels

Spray_N_Prey

I'll ask a question back...if you changed the bullet or powder, wouldn't there probably be a change?

While the barrel may be drop in, there should be some adjustment of the sights to the new barrel.

Rich

No direct knowledge for LW. A storm lake in my G22 took no change in sights, yet a fellow shooter going from stock to KKM in his 34 had to drift sights as gun then shot to the left.

The LW barrel I have made my Glock shoot about 6" higher at 25 yards. I ended up getting an oversized front sight and filing it down until it was hitting where I wanted it to.

If your LWD barrel shoots high just remove some material from the little step where the barrel meets the chamber. This will raise the rear of the barrel up. I had to do this with a 9/40 Federal barrel.

Has anybody had a problem with Lone Wolf Barrels and their Glocks shooting differently from the stock barrel / sight set up?

Maybe...I have LW barrels for my G17, G34, & G35. Most of my shooting is less then 25 yards so I zero at 15. The LW barrels shoot a little higher and tigther then the stock barrels with the 34 & 35 (Sevigney-Warren sights). I just aim at 6 O'clock. No windage issues at all. I dont use the 17 much (Dawson FO front & Glock Adj. rear) and set the rear sight low 1 click off the bottom. So in my case very little adjustment. I just aim low at 25 yards :sight: .

Edited by LarryP

Has anybody had a problem with Lone Wolf Barrels and their Glocks shooting differently from the stock barrel / sight set up?

I have had two ,one in a 17 and one in a 35 and both shot fine with out sight adjustment!

• 3 months later...

I would say the answer is "Maybe, it depends, who knows?" When I put a LW barrel into my Glock 17, POI at 50 feet changed significantly. Other folks here are saying that for them it also did, some say it didn't. Will it for you? Maybe. It depends. Who knows? Try it and find out.