Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sub 60 classifier

9x45

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I visited, (or will ever visit) the "other" forum was a post I made through ignorance on that thread. The entire place breeds negativity. At least over here my ignorance is replied to with instruction. :cheers:

Edited by Ron Ankeny

Interesting to see the difference in comments on a more USPSA-oriented board here at benos.com versus the more IDPA-oriented board at glocktalk.com .

Would you link me to the postings?

I want to minimize my exposure time while on that forum....

Duh on the "link me."

I don't know exactly what I was expecting but it was not that bad IMO...

I was impressed with the time.... until I saw he was 6 whole points down... :roflol:

That's about 1/2 the time it takes me to shoot the classifier....

Ben,

What's your time to first shot for the turn and draw? (I notice you have a couple of 4s E lPrez vids on google too)

Sorry, I just saw this thread. On those videos... I am prolly running 1.0 to 1.1 ish

He gets a P.E. for every stage that he started with hands "not" relaxed at sides.

Are you drunk? Number one, what he did easily qualified as hands at sides. Number two, how much do you think moving that extra inch that you for some reason want would have mattered?

One of the true joys of IDPA is the latitude given to the SO to determine "intent" and to rule on whether the shooter is complying with the "spirit of IDPA". Hands at sides - no. Hands relaxed at sides - yes. Creeping - no.

You have to realize that by keeping your hands up a couple of inches further than what you "should" and perhaps doing a little creeping toward the gun before the buzzer sounds totally negates what would have otherwise been an outstanding achievement...... :rolleyes:

He gets a P.E. for every stage that he started with hands "not" relaxed at sides.

Are you drunk? Number one, what he did easily qualified as hands at sides. Number two, how much do you think moving that extra inch that you for some reason want would have mattered?

Agreed.

You might notice my left hand hanging in a funny spot because I have my timer hanging off my left pocket. In a match I dont have to time myself.

If you guys think this classifier run is BS or whatever, that is totally fine by me.

You might notice my left hand hanging in a funny spot because I have my timer hanging off my left pocket. In a match I dont have to time myself.

If you guys think this classifier run is BS or whatever, that is totally fine by me.

I think it is 100% accurate.

Ben

Don't listen to them. It was smoking fast. Makes my 77.80 look ancient. But then again, I am 60 years old.

Keep pushing it. I really like the work you do with your blog. Thanks for leading the way!

Jim Taylor