Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 9mm - what changes to make?

ironb

Dude I personally love the way it feels right out of the box. Depends on the individual dude. She might like fiber optics sights and textured grips. I just like shooting my guns out of the box. The only thing I might do is put some springs in it and thats it for myself.

I am using the factory rear sight and a Dawson fiber optic front sight that work very well together. I did not like the white dots on the factory rear sight, so I blacked them out.

Beware, I had a very hard time getting the front sight off. I was able to get the job done after a little research, but it was the hardest one I have ever done.

I am using the factory rear sight and a Dawson fiber optic front sight that work very well together. I did not like the white dots on the factory rear sight, so I blacked them out.

Beware, I had a very hard time getting the front sight off. I was able to get the job done after a little research, but it was the hardest one I have ever done.

okay, i'll check out the dawson fiber optic front sight. That along with a trigger job should be a nice setup for my better half.

okay, i'll check out the dawson fiber optic front sight. That along with a trigger job should be a nice setup for my better half.

Sights, trigger job, extended mag release, and solid guide rod are some of the typical upgrades for a production xd/m

Hello: I use the Warren rear sight and the Dawson fiber front sight. Next install the trigger kit from Powder River and it works great. Lastly a lighter recoil spring if you are reloading. That should do it and make it a great shooter. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
How does the powder river trigger compare with the Springer Precision trigger?

I'd highly recommend Springer Precision. The've done work on two of my Xds and I'm very happy with the results. Fiber optic sights, extended mag release, and triggers. Good turnaround and customer service.

Springer Precision gear is incredible. I just finished getting mine all setup and it rocks. I popped in the Springer trigger kit, extended mag release, solid guide rod and Dawson fiber front and adjustable rear sights. I did a little polishing on the striker and was all set. You can send it to Springer or have someone you trust work on it.

• 1 month later...

Sights, trigger job, extended mag release, and solid guide rod are some of the typical upgrades for a production xd/m

What (and where is it?)research did you do? -I tried to move the site a litttle to tune up a left impact--found it didn't move! Now I'd like to change sites, reluctant to just get a bigger hammer!

bob

• 1 year later...

What (and where is it?)research did you do? -I tried to move the site a litttle to tune up a left impact--found it didn't move! Now I'd like to change sites, reluctant to just get a bigger hammer!

bob

SO,how did you get the front sight to move--or is it just a bigger hammer :blink:

wait.....you can have an extended mag release on the xdm and it is still legal for production?

Yes, just like you can put the mag release from the G34 in a G17. You must install one that matched the factory extended mag release profile (like ours.)

bob

SO,how did you get the front sight to move--or is it just a bigger hammer :blink:

We use a custom made sight pusher, but a bigger hammer will move, just not so precisely.