Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Pro-Am Championship UPDATE

+1 to what Doug and others have said.

Great match - well worth the trip - this match will be on my list next year for sure.

For those who have not been to the U.S. Shooting Acadamy the place is amazing and the location is very convenient to hotels, airport and food.

Hopefully this style match will catch on - I'd be up for shooting more events like this.

Again a big Thanks to Phil and to those who made this match possible.

Paul

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the Open Amateur winner, James McGinty is a junior or not? He's listed as a junior on the Limited Amateur scores, but not on the open scores.

He's not a junior anymore. I think he turned 18 pretty recently because he was at the MGM-AMU junior camp last year.

Thanks. I just got confirmation of the that.

Congratulations to our very own Crak Rabbit (Jakob Daude) who was High Junior Limited Amateur!!! :cheers:

Anyone know if the Open Amateur winner, James McGinty is a junior or not? He's listed as a junior on the Limited Amateur scores, but not on the open scores.

He's not a junior anymore. I think he turned 18 pretty recently because he was at the MGM-AMU junior camp last year.

Thanks. I just got confirmation of the that.

Congratulations to our very own Crak Rabbit (Jakob Daude) who was High Junior Limited Amateur!!! :cheers:

Got to hang out with Jake Daude at this match... wow, what an impressive young man... and a talented shooter to boot. Congratulations Jake! You done your folks proud! :cheers::cheers:

Thank you Phil and all the staff and RO's who made this match possible, it is easily my favorite of the year, Odie and Michelle at Photomotion for taking amazing photos and helping keep my head in the game, and Tom Drazy for supplying so much steel and traveling like a mad man to help make the sport we love happen.

I'd also like to congratulate my teammates of Team Detonics:

Kepa Zubizaretta - Limited Amateur Champion

Tim Kunz - 3rd Place Overall Limited

Todd Kunz - 4th Place Overall Limited and High Law Enforcement Limited

Mark Quinn - High Military in both Open and Limited

Jake Caswell - Team Junior shooter for finishing his first national level match with only 5 competitions under his belt!

I'll be posting the pictures from photomotion, and videos from the match soon. Congratulations to all the winners!

Kevin Siddle

Detonics

Awesome match. This has fast become one of my favorite matches. Thanks to all the sponsors, Phil and USSA, John and Shooting USA, and everybody that made it happen.

Losing by one sucks but losing to such a great competitor like Bob makes it suck slightly less. Then to watch him kick all our asses in open was a sight to see. He's a heck of a shooter and a super nice guy..........jerk! :D

We all decided that since he had already shot the whole match that morning with the same gun he was pretty much cheating by using the same iron sights against our dots for the open match. So that made us feel a little better about losing.

I assume with the economy and ammo shortage that many are reluctant to try a new format match in lieu of maybe an Area or State match where they know what they are getting. I fully understand that but I would highly suggest trying this match out next year, it is a heck of a good time. The all steel and par time aspect adds a lot to the shooting experience.

Thank you Phil and all the staff and RO's who made this match possible, it is easily my favorite of the year, Odie and Michelle at Photomotion for taking amazing photos and helping keep my head in the game, and Tom Drazy for supplying so much steel and traveling like a mad man to help make the sport we love happen.

Jake Caswell - Team Junior shooter for finishing his first national level match with only 5 competitions under his belt!

I'll be posting the pictures from photomotion, and videos from the match soon. Congratulations to all the winners!

Kevin Siddle

Detonics

Ya, big congrats to them. I was on there squad for both days and they were making the rest of us look bad...

Craig T.

Kevin Siddle

Detonics

Ya, big congrats to them. I was on there squad for both days and they were making the rest of us look bad...

Craig T.

Don't worry Craig, as good as you and your brother were shooting, it won't be long and you will be making us look bad.

+1 Smitty!

This was my first ProAm and let me tell ya, I had a blast! Everything looks so easy, great big wide open steel poppers standing shoulder to shoulder just waiting for you to mow 'em down, but then the buzzer goes off and everything gets complicated for some yet to be determined reason. :wacko:

I want to call attention to two other things about the match that I liked;

1. Shooting in Amateur, no Pros to further depress my pathetic results.

2. Fantastic prize table. The nationals staff should take note of the way Phil has it organized; he provided print outs with the loot listed in order and announced by inventory number what items were picked up as the shooters left the table. THis made it real quick and easy to find something you need and move on. Very efficient! :cheers:

Again, as said by others above, many thanks to Phil, the USSA Staff, and the RO's for their hard work and good attitudes, that coupled with fun to shoot stages makes for a great match.

Kevin Siddle

Detonics

Craig T.

Don't worry Craig, as good as you and your brother were shooting, it won't be long and you will be making us look bad.

Ha, I wouldn't say I was shooting that good... Thanks though, my brother was kicking ass.

See ya at A3 or somthing.

Craig

http://www.flickr.com/photos/db1911/sets/72157619765342669/

and the "money" shots....

http://my-sight-picture.smugmug.com/galler...565975257_LaTJR

edited to add some more pics to the smug mug site and nearly 200 to the flickr link... I've got a few dozen more for the flickr site, and then all of the video from the Open Pro match - but that's going to have to come later! Enjoy 'em, got some good ones I think!

Edited by Catfish

Fantastic prize table. The nationals staff should take note of the way Phil has it organized; he provided print outs with the loot listed in order and announced by inventory number what items were picked up as the shooters left the table. THis made it real quick and easy to find something you need and move on. Very efficient! :cheers:

+1 to that!

I've only been to a handful of majors and 'almost' majors with prize tables...but I've been to both of Phil's Pro Ams.

This is the way to run a prize table. :cheers:

1. Shooting in Amateur, no Pros to further depress my pathetic results.

Yeah, and you can also go watch the pros.. miss targets and screw up ;). Not something you see every day at an IPSC match and it gives you faith they're really human too. :D :D

Somehow it seems my Limited squad was made up almost entirely of ringers.. and me. Good job guys. The rain delay didn't seem to hurt much ;)

The best way to run a prize table was like this years IRC.

They had a list like phil's but they had a large board with numbers on it. when they called your name you went up an go a number from the board and went in to a room and got your package. if the number was not on the board the package was gone. their was a special section for Jr's. You only had 30 seconds between names if you screwed around trying to decide someone behind you might take what you wanted.

203 shooters and the thing was over in less than 2 hours.

Average prize package amount at the IRC this year was 748.00.

dcs

Thanks for all of the positive comments. I hope that I'll be able to do it again next year.

Sincerely,

Phil

Hell, I hope you'll be able (and willing) to do it again next year too! :cheers:

edited to add:

videos going up of the pro open match now....

Angus, stg 1

Ben, stg 1

BJ stg 1

Keep checking my youtube page, I'll be updating as I have time....

Edited again to add... all my photos uploaded to flickr - enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/db1911/sets/72157619765342669/

Edited by Catfish

Another well done for Phil and his crew. Even with unavoidable weather issues, the RO's managed to get the match done in time. I still love the simple rules of this game....shoot the plate until it falls.

I hope that Phil can get it going again next year.

I am off to write thank you letters to the sponsors, just like he asked us to.

:cheers:

Now that the 2009 Pro-Am is final I would just like to say thank you to Phil for producing such a great match.

If for some reason you missed out on this one, you missed out on one of the top 5 matches of the year. Phil has assembled some of the best staff members to make this match worth every penny and much more. The amount of time and effort that Phil and his staff put into a match like this is noteworthy. The real reason to come to this match is to simply enjoy the attitude of “All” the staff members. Everyone on the Pro-Am team made each stage fair with out being “snotty” something I personally found at just about all major matches that I have been to. I would also like to say that Chris Horton the Range Master did a great job making the match run smooth even with the lightning delay, and to stand at the end of the prize table thanking everyone personally for coming out was simply Great.

Congratulations to all the winners from Pro to Amateurs, Open and Limited.

Thank you to all of the sponsors from big too little, “you allow for the match to happen.”

A big thanks to all the shooters that came out, “you make the match”

Sincerely

Stephen Hogg Jr.