Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone know how many GM's, M's, or A shooters

zipper046

Hey all,

I love my Glocks and decided to stick with that platform (instead of buying into the S_I wave). As such, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how many GM's or High A shooters there are that shoot Glocks? Also, how many top Open Shooters (aside from Abbated, Sevigny, etc.) use Open Glocks?

Thanks,

Z-

Hey all,

I love my Glocks and decided to stick with that platform (instead of buying into the S_I wave). As such, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how many GM's or High A shooters there are that shoot Glocks? Also, how many top Open Shooters (aside from Abbated, Sevigny, etc.) use Open Glocks?

Thanks,

Z-

What division?

Nobody can tell you how many but depending on divisions:

Production- National Champion 2008 does, so that should do ya. By the way he just made Open GM, with a iron sighted Glock. Is he gonna shoot Open Nats with it? I doubt it.

L10- National Champion 2008 does, so that should do ya.

Limited- Pretty deep talent pool there(that's the understatement of the year). Its like Open without a dot. I think you can compete just fine with a Glock.

Open. I wouldn't shoot a Glock but some do, although none of the top shooters. Very few place real high at Nats with a Glock. It could change if more shot one. I would recommend only a S_I, Para, Caspian for this division for many reasons.

Don't worry we'll tell you when your gun is holding you back. ;)

Its not.

PS Did I just post in a Glock forum?

Forgive me Mr Browning.

Edited by BSeevers

I think what Bseevers said pretty much sums it up. Lots of GM's have won Nationals & Area matches with Glocks, and it's not just limited to Prod. & L-10. If you remember Dave Sevigny won Limited a couple years ago with a Glock 35. ;)

PS That was the same year Rob Leatham won Production. :wacko:

Edited by Chris Keen

I'd spin it this way. Look at the list of production shooters out there classed A - GM.

Take all of them, and I'd say that no matter the gun they shoot today - if they had a Glock they'd still be there.

I don't shoot one but it's a great foundation. Sevigny is a phenom with the thing.

Jack

Somewhere on here there's a vid clip of Flex shooting in the open class with a stock Glock, (forgot his open gun or something, I forget) and it's pretty amazing. I don't think the platform holds the good ones back.

One day, I'll learn how to shoot mine. ;)