Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals

slflr

I turned down a production slot this morning. <_<

I sucked at every major I shot with a revolver last year so I guess it's the revolver wait list for me.

Hell, even if I don't get a slot, I'm coming just to see Cliff's antics in Vegas. :cheers:

My slot arrived in Friday's mail.

I'm actually thinking about jumping on the waiting list for the Prod/Open Nats and shooting both matches back-to-back. Has this crazy-ass thought occurred to anybody else?

My slot arrived in Friday's mail.

I'm actually thinking about jumping on the waiting list for the Prod/Open Nats and shooting both matches back-to-back. Has this crazy-ass thought occurred to anybody else?

Kind of makes sense as long as you're there anyway.

Yep, that's the idea. I'm cutting way back on my "fly-in" shooting trips this year. With one kid starting college in the fall and the other kid just two years behind her, I need to keep my recreational costs under control.

Not enough vacation time to take care of family obligations, and I didn't care for the "flying with guns" experience into Tulsa, so I'm passing on the Nationals this year.

But I'll be in Iowa and Memphis. And I'll miss Summer Blast.

BTW, I'm learning to shoot again... 4" 625 has a LOT shorter sight radius than my 6" 686. But it also has a LOT better trigger.

Shot my first match with it just yesterday. Then I shot it again, just to get more practice.

I'm currently #11 in our section waiting list.. otherwise I'm going to get on the reg waiting list. Worse comes to worse I'll take a drive to Vegas, see if I canget in, and if not, enjoy vegas for a few days and then go home. It's not too far away..

• 4 months later...
I would have liked to have gone, but it just wasn't in the cards this year. Maybe in the future. Good Luck to all of you that are there, and don't let Cliff start doing his stripper act unless you have something to protect your eyes. :roflol:

Don't be a hater.

When you got it, why not flaunt it???

I'm out. I just cancelled my room reservation. Kind of a long way to drive without a slot and I haven't been getting much shooting in to be ready for it anyway.

Hopefully next year.

And, please, no camera's around Cliff this time. OK?

I'm out. Got caught sleepin' on the waiting list, and I bought a wicked big reloading room this year that's eating up my salary. Also got a dog to guard the reloading room.

post-5768-1251320579_thumb.jpg

That's a dog? ;)