Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

To add to Linda's post about getting through the gate, make sure your tag reciept is for the current year, last year my buddies truck had the current year decal on the tag but he didn't have his current year reciept. The very nice lady at the visitor center went outside and wrote down the decal number (she didn't have to, she said she was supposed to make us go back and get the proper paperwork and come back, wherever that may be). We were fortunate to get her and be able to come on Post.

Hurley

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop whining ya big sissy! You will start the drive at the same time we do, only you will get home about 3 hours later! :roflol:

I'll have an 18hr drive home so I really doesn't matter much when we finish up. :D

To add to Linda's post about getting through the gate, make sure your tag reciept is for the current year, last year my buddies truck had the current year decal on the tag but he didn't have his current year reciept. The very nice lady at the visitor center went outside and wrote down the decal number (she didn't have to, she said she was supposed to make us go back and get the proper paperwork and come back, wherever that may be). We were fortunate to get her and be able to come on Post.

Hurley

Ya know I think the nice lady did the same thing for me with my truck. I don't remember having my title , <_< They want the cope we get when we pay our yearly State Tax .... :mellow: ?Rite?

:mellow: the out-side of the envelope says Vehicle registration renewal Notice.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I gave up on marathon drives. I'll drive 11-12 hours, after that I want to sleep. Why bother to drive through, you get home exhausted and go to sleep, get up several hours later OR stop, catch some rest, don't crash the car, get home rested at about the same time you'd be waking up from your sleep after the marathon. Difference is you are alive and functional.

Just my thoughts.

Especially true on the way to a match, why get there exhausted? Get there rested. If you must marathon, do it onthe way home.

Just more of my thoughts.

Jim

Hurley

Ya know I think the nice lady did the same thing for me with my truck. I don't remember having my title , <_< They want the cope we get when we pay our yearly State Tax .... :mellow: ?Rite?

:mellow: the out-side of the envelope says Vehicle registration renewal Notice.

In Alabama, it is the Tag Reciept that we keep in the vehicle as registration. When we buy our decal, it is attached to the Tag reciept. For some reason, my friend had the previous year's reciept in the glove box, but had the proper decal on the tag. Anyway, I will be sure to triple check my paperwork before I leave home, I would hate to be standing outside the gate with all of my gear trying to hitch a ride.

Hurley

Again:

If you have questions or need to contact me, please use my off Forum email: LChico@msn.com

Do not send me PM's on this forum.

1. There is a limit to the number of messages I can have on this forum and I am rapidly approaching that level.

2. I prefer to keep all messages related to a match in one file one my computer.

3. If I need to review information, or forward a message, it is easier to do from my personal email & I have a record of it.

Maybe it would be easier if I just add that to my profile. . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

On stage 4 near the end of the pistol portion, can anyone identify that contraption that looks like a giant windowpane? There are a couple of targets behind it, a paper and a popper.

I'm not sure if everyone knows it, but if you click on the stage layout picture, it gets really big. When you get the "big picture", you can see all kinds of stuff - nuts, bolts, cotter pins. :roflol:

Anyway, it sure looks to me to be a shoot target swinger, with a shoot target swinger in front of it, with a no-shoot swinger in front of them both. And even tho that looks like a really interesting target, it also looks like a big pile of shoot thrus.......

On stage 4 near the end of the pistol portion, can anyone identify that contraption that looks like a giant windowpane? There are a couple of targets behind it, a paper and a popper.

I'm not sure if everyone knows it, but if you click on the stage layout picture, it gets really big. When you get the "big picture", you can see all kinds of stuff - nuts, bolts, cotter pins. :roflol:

Anyway, it sure looks to me to be a shoot target swinger, with a shoot target swinger in front of it, with a no-shoot swinger in front of them both. And even tho that looks like a really interesting target, it also looks like a big pile of shoot thrus.......

Well at least you are going to get the opportunity to make lots of extra large holes in a whole bunch of targets!

OOPS!!! I meant stage 3. Dang.

:wacko: I bet at the Buzzer they with pop some smoke grenades and toss them in the stage.

Choke :o my eyes burn

The stage layout used a cut and patch photo of a pair of windows, like the bridge on the Rifle stage used a cut and patch photo of a long pallet.

Edited by AlamoShooter

its bullet proof glass so you can see them but you have figure out how to get your bullets to the targets, kind of like the scene in the Fugitive where tommy lee is trying to shoot harrison ford thru the bullet proof glass and it don't work. :roflol:

trapr

I thought the Fugitive had David Jansen in it. I had no idea that anyone from Motley crue had a role, he had to be a kid back then.

its bullet proof glass so you can see them but you have figure out how to get your bullets to the targets, kind of like the scene in the Fugitive where tommy lee is trying to shoot harrison ford thru the bullet proof glass and it don't work. :roflol:

trapr

I thought the Fugitive had David Jansen in it. I had no idea that anyone from Motley crue had a role, he had to be a kid back then.

Isn't it fun to have the senior and super senior shooters on the forum??? :roflol: Good catch Trapr.

man did you just age yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!! David Jansen, I thought he was in The Green Berets movie???????????? Hey!!! wait a minute, GB's?????????? Army???????????? Fugitive???????? Bullet proof glass?????????????? AMU staff?????????????? a Motley crew??????????????it all makes perfect sense now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surprise:

Trapr

Would anyone be up for a competitor "steak out" on the range Saturday after shooting featuring hand cut Sirloin cooked to order, potatoes, salad and beer (2 beer max) for around $20.00. If you’re officially in for the fun email fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com I think it would be a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate the 5th (and final??) FB3G. I just need numbers so we can determine if it is feasible and prepare for it.

On another note the stages, as good as they look online (thanks to SGT Horner) are MUCH better, bigger and bolder on the ground. This will be one for the books, and as always we WILL have a few surprises, after all it is the FB3G!!!

BigHamp

Would anyone be up for a competitor "steak out" on the range Saturday after shooting featuring hand cut Sirloin cooked to order, potatoes, salad and beer (2 beer max) for around $20.00. If you’re officially in for the fun email fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com I think it would be a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate the 5th (and final??) FB3G. I just need numbers so we can determine if it is feasible and prepare for it.

On another note the stages, as good as they look online (thanks to SGT Horner) are MUCH better, bigger and bolder on the ground. This will be one for the books, and as always we WILL have a few surprises, after all it is the FB3G!!!

BigHamp

As a suggestion to lighten your load, you might find it easier to just have the folks whot will not attend that to send you an email. :cheers:

trapr

Looks like Heavy Metal may have a few benefits!!! I'll let you guys borrow my rifle, just bring your own ammo.

Guess I have no idea what "weapons disclosure form" you are talking about. Got any more details?

MLM

Edited to say "ah ha" now that this thread was merged with the other one. :-)

mlm

Edited by mlmiller1