Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

I am going to cancel my reservation today at 1030 est. I am NOT canceling my match entry, I am just sharing a room now and don't need a single. If anyone is looking for a room at the match hotel, call around 1030 and they should have a room open up. See everyone next week!

-mike-

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, my room/hotel reservation is now open at the match hotel. If someone needed a room there should be an open one now. Once again, this is for my hotel room reservation ONLY! NOT MY MATCH ENTRY! Sorry to the folks on the waiting list. I hope you get in.

I am going to cancel my reservation today at 1030 est. I am NOT canceling my match entry, I am just sharing a room now and don't need a single. If anyone is looking for a room at the match hotel, call around 1030 and they should have a room open up. See everyone next week!

-mike-

Just got the email saying I'm 1 on the waiting list. Packed the camper with ammo, food, and drink. Cann't wait for the match. I'll be shooting hard and maybe partying hard. The Friday after the match I'm haven shoulder surgery so no fear of hutn it now.

Sign me up for all the after match events!

I had an unexpected family emergency and my wife is in the hospital but expected to do well. She couldn't be home for Thanksgiving, but I am thankful that she is expected to come home Monday. Between rescheduling work and taking care of a 7 and 1 year-old, visiting my wife and keeping in touch with friends and family, I have been overwhelmed. I let Linda know ( I can't say enough great things about this woman I have never met) that I will not be attending the FB3G and perhaps I will be lucky enough to make it next year. Good luck and God bless!

Damien

Sorry to hear that, my family and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for her.

Hurley

Mike Morcillo Posted Today, 09:41 AM

Chef Lee's, Thursday night. What time for dinner?

7:30pm Thursday night. That should give everyone time to leave the range and get there.

DMAC Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

I had an unexpected family emergency and my wife is in the hospital but expected to do well. She couldn't be home for Thanksgiving, but I am thankful that she is expected to come home Monday. Between rescheduling work and taking care of a 7 and 1 year-old, visiting my wife and keeping in touch with friends and family, I have been overwhelmed. I let Linda know ( I can't say enough great things about this woman I have never met) that I will not be attending the FB3G and perhaps I will be lucky enough to make it next year. Good luck and God bless!

Damien

I hope all is well. "Still Praying" for you and yours.

Major Bummer!

I hurt my back and had to withdraw from the match.

I’m sure some lucky person on the waiting list got an e-mail from Linda.

Perspective, I was looking forward to the match more than anything. Now I look forward to the day I can walk upright.

Cold, and 00bullitt I was looking forward to meeting you guys, Next time!!

Jim M ammo

Major Bummer!

I hurt my back and had to withdraw from the match.

I’m sure some lucky person on the waiting list got an e-mail from Linda.

Perspective, I was looking forward to the match more than anything. Now I look forward to the day I can walk upright.

Cold, and 00bullitt I was looking forward to meeting you guys, Next time!!

Jim M ammo

Bummer is right. I hate to see anyone have to withdraw from this match. I will be praying for your recovery.

Hurley

Somebody help the newbie out here! On the stage 2 description it says:

Your points for this stage will not be factored for this stage, whatever targets you neutralize will be your score.

What does this mean exactly?

Thanks!

targets are worth X points, the time to shoot is fixed. Just count up the points you score and that is the score you get. Shoot fast and accurate, but make sure you get a shot off in each box. or your score is halved.

Jim

makes sense!

Thanks

is there is going to be live video feed on 2 stages if so which ones?

Unfortunately no, we where unable to secure use of the .gov intranet connection this time around. The good news is no one will youtube the bad, greatness never gets a repeat.

On another note I am leaving the range in a few for some sleep and this year’s match looks AMAZING!!! If you do not have a good time here you can not have a good time at any shooting event!

We all look forward to see you all, bring your A game, a great attitude, valid drivers license, valid insurance, current vehicle registration, all your forms and an appetite and you'll be fine.

In light of recent events when you go through the gate, pretend it is the airport have a good attitude and do not joke about bad things, you'll fly right through.

BigHamp

The squad list for Ft Benning 3 Gun Challenge is now posted at

http://www.fb3g.com/SquadList.pdf

We still have a waiting list for this match. PLEASE notify me as soon as possible by email or phone if you are unable to attend the match. We will offer a full refund of match fees if I am able to put someone from the waiting list into the match in your place.

Do not send me a PM on this forum. Use the email address listed below

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

LChico@msn.com

803-629-7095

Edited by LChico

On the subject of squadding - nearly everyone has had over 5 months to send in a squad request. I tried to honor every request. In some cases that was not possible (26 shooters cannot be on the same squad as Rob Romero & Tod Litt :rolleyes: ).

Unless you already sent the request, I am not changing the squads now. If you sent a request that I overlooked among the 1436 separate email messages I have received about this match, I will try to fix it.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Just sent you an email Linda. The guy in question was in my request.

On the subject of squadding - nearly everyone has had over 5 months to send in a squad request. I tried to honor every request. In some cases that was not possible (26 shooters cannot be on the same squad as Rob Romero & Tod Litt :rolleyes: ).

Unless you already sent the request, I am not changing the squads now. If you sent a request that I overlooked among the 1436 separate email messages I have received about this match, I will try to fix it.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

BTW, who's shooting the EAGC's 3-gun warm up tomorrow?

most of squad 3 went to today... great match lng day!! ronnine and mark.. kudos!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

72 hrs to reset and reload!!!!!! oh yeah i still gotta work and annoying stuff..!!!! see ya'll there!!

Edited by tazmag

targets are worth X points, the time to shoot is fixed. Just count up the points you score and that is the score you get. Shoot fast and accurate, but make sure you get a shot off in each box. or your score is halved.

Jim

Do you have to shoot at the clay, or is shooting at the activating popper enough to satisfy the requirement?

Jim

Do you have to shoot at the clay, or is shooting at the activating popper enough to satisfy the requirement?

Good question since it could be read both ways. The way I read it is since the popper which activates a clay is worth nothing, you have to shoot at one or more of the clays who are the "targets" on that side of the stage. I am sure the range officers on the stage will clarify it.

Jim

Good question since it could be read both ways. The way I read it is since the popper which activates a clay is worth nothing, you have to shoot at one or more of the clays who are the "targets" on that side of the stage. I am sure the range officers on the stage will clarify it.

The course description say you must fire at least one round from each box.(to keep from having the score halved) If you have to engage a clay, that would mean that in the last box you'd actually be required to fire 2 rounds. As you say though it'll no doubt be clarified by the RO.

Jim

The course description say you must fire at least one round from each box.(to keep from having the score halved) If you have to engage a clay, that would mean that in the last box you'd actually be required to fire 2 rounds. As you say though it'll no doubt be clarified by the RO.

WHOOPEE FREAKIN' WONDERFUL!!!! :surprise: - Lucky me on Squad 3 starts on Stage 2. I wonder how many hand warmers I can stuff in my pockets. Happy trails ahead.

Edited by cheryl