Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daughter turning 18

outerlimits

my little girl turns 18 today. wow, i sure miss those times when we went fishing-watching her catch that first bass. knocking my hat off with her wild casts. i miss the times in the garage when i would be loading and she'd come in to sort brass. i miss her trying to shoot smoke & hope at the age of 10 with daddy's steel gun. i'll never forget her shooting a slug.

she'll start college in the fall, away from home. life will never be the same.

i am depressed...

I know how you feel, my daughter turned 18 last August. Seems like yesterday I was pushing her around the back yard in her kiddie car. I get a little misty eyed thinking back on thoes days.

Yep I know the feeling

There are so many once in a lifetime momments that you get to share with your kids :wub:

We could make a list about a mile long :)

You could start with the first little smile...the first peek a boo game :roflol:

All those things are Gods gifts for being a Daddy :wub:

Jim

My daughter turns 2 on the 23rd. It ain't 18... but she was born YESTERDAY, I swear! Time flies, don't waste any!

Meanwhile, she's off to college, has caught a fish, shot a gun, and I'm betting is polite and thoughtful. I'm sure you did a stellar job as a father.

I still remember putting my little girl on the school bus for the first day of Kindergarten. Got all misty.

Now she's 12.

PJ, one thing you don't ever want to do is make comments about a man's little girl. If you don't have a daughter, you won't understand and if you did, you'd never make the comment

That said, yup, we all know that the young lady down at the adult entertainment emporium is someone's daughter, but she ain't ours or anyone's we know. And that is why the human race can continue to exist, pure hypocrisy!

Jim

I like Jim.

+1 :cheers:

I've been known to crack a joke or two, but there is a very thin line with regards to MY daughter and that is a respect I extend onto others.

Jim's a direct and honest guy. Met him for the first time at FTB3G while RO'ing 'the bridge' and he's very personable. Saying that...watch it wasn't him I was talking to.

Rich

Gosh, MY eyes got watery...& I'm on the other side of the fence!!

I am so grateful I have the dad I do, and I'm sure all of your girls think the same way(even though they may not say or show it). In each daughter's eyes "they" have the best dad in the world! :)

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT THE PICTURES! :surprise:

Sorry, somebody had to say it!

This is why I'm afraid of my little girl (8 years old) becoming a teenager. I will have to exercise a LOT of restraint with every young man who even looks at her let alone comes to the house to pick her up.

That said, give PJ a break. If he doesn't have a daughter, he can't begin to understand. I know 8 1/2 years ago I sure didn't.

J-ho

check out the country pop song where he's waiting up cleaning the shotgun :goof::devil:

I will admit that I am lucky only having a son. I just have to worry about the boy, not all of the boys :blink:

Outerlimits,

Does this mean that you are going to be shooting more of the S. CA matches? :devil:

I like Jim.

+1 :cheers:

I've been known to crack a joke or two, but there is a very thin line with regards to MY daughter and that is a respect I extend onto others.

Jim's a direct and honest guy. Met him for the first time at FTB3G while RO'ing 'the bridge' and he's very personable. Saying that...watch it wasn't him I was talking to.

Rich

Personable and Honest. Modesty prevent's me from laying claim, but hopefully it was me and I am seen as such, it would've made Pop proud to hear.

Ah the 'Bridge' A wonderful stage. I shake and wobble enough on my on that I don't any help. Hope to see it again some day, maybe as the star attraction in a bonfire?

Thanks you for ROing.

Jim

And I have three!

It is going to be hard to let any of them go. They are 9, 6, and 2 at the present. Just the other day, for the first time in her life, the youngest (Jillian) came up, hugged my leg and said in a clear voice, "I love you Dad-dy"

They just brought home great report cards this very afternoon,( the oldest two) and after all the helping them and cajoling them to read and practice their math, I am in a happy place. :wub:

Now I know why men cry at their daughters wedding. It will be hard not to bury anyone that wishes to make my daughter cry. Very hard indeed, :ph34r:

You guys are killing me with the daughter stuff. Just yesterday mine was asking how many years until she is as old as her cousin(jr in high school). When I thought "10" years I almost fell off of the chair. Seems like yesterday she was born, and we should have an eternity left before she is an adult. A blink of the eye and we are almost halfway there.

The cleanin my gun song will be more along the lines of "hey son lets go shooting" if you want to date my daughter. A few courses of fire later, and I think he will get the picture.

I am more worried about that leavin home thing. Thinking about it kills me.

We have another child on the way, so the leavin home thing will be spread out by 7 years between the two.

Im sitting here tearing up. My baby is almost 18, and is going to NC State next fall for college, and Im not in NC

She was only 2 yesterday, I dont know how this happened. We have only recently gotten involved in shooting, and she has a blast along with me, shooting, racing, anything, rc cars, etc, we do everything together.

Im gonna go cry now.....