Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 R&R Targets Multi-Gun

R&R Targets announces the 3rd annual R&R Multi-Gun Match

July 11th-12th 2009

Albany Rifle and Pistol Club Albany,Oregon

Robert Wright and his crew have designed 10 super stages that include at least 2 guns on every stage and will challenge the best.

He has added another long range stage this year, so that makes 3 in all. Better be sighted in for 300 yards + with your Rifle,

know how to breach his doors, and hit those R&R long range plate racks that got so much publicity last year.

Did I mention Robert added a new class? Move over tired old standard class and make room for Tactical Saiga.

All that fun without having to move to open class. Bring out your Saiga and see how you fare against other Saiga shooters.

We have many of the same Friendly RO’s returning for an action packed week-end of fun so don’t delay

Click here! for the match application and be sure to review the rules before you get to the match as there are a few changes.

Entries will be limited to 85 shooters plus the staff.

See ya on the range!

Edited by 3gungal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just not a fan of matches using that scoring system-especially with stages that had more hard cover and no-shoots than targets.

understand, i don't wish to junk robert and robert-it's their match to run any way they please.

Not me I loved the match and the scoring system!! Makes you shoot more accurate and get those points.

I agree that the point is to shoot accurately and fast at the same time. The scoring system last year was decent, and hopefully will be better this year.

In any case, the only ONE complaint that I heard was that the prize table was unfair and a particular shooter did not "get his entry fees out of the prize table."

Yeah, prizes are great, but if the top prizes on the prize table are your goal, learn to shoot better.

See you all there this year!

Jason,

#1. Welcome to the Forum...about time.

#2. Good reply and I hope you have been doing some practice...I am watching you!

See you on the range...

RLTW,

Scott

Hey Scott!

I have been a member a while, just lurking more than anything. I have been practicing and hope to do better at this years match.

Jason

I'll be there with sshog getting our butts kicks, oh well I'm sure it will be freakin great! Here's to three years in a row!! :cheers:

Rangers Lead The Way!

PS: I still owe you beer from last year Sergeant Major...

• 3 weeks later...

If the SGM doesn't drink barley soda's, I will be more than happy to take his place :-) Although this was my first Hoerner Scoring match, I liked it as it rewarded accuracy over the "hoser mode". I have shot USPSA Nationals since 1991 and this match was a better test of ones skills than any Nats I have been to. The article written soon after this match by the USPSA President reflected his view of "Outlaw" matches second hand from a well known shooter who had talked with him, MV was NOT present at this match and his articles view of the outlaw matches was meant as a general attack against all NON-USPSA Multi-Gun matches, not just this Match.

With this Hoerner scoring method and most of the rifle targets being 25-100 FEET away, I am not one to see accuracy being a "challenge" at this distance without adding a value to these targets. This scoring system took nothing away from targets at 100 -380 YARDS either where a rifle becomes a "precision" tool.

I have been to both matches and weather was good, ROs were friendly, prize distribution was good, and above ALL the sponsors were promoted better than any match that I had been to for years. I will be back, along with a few more shooters from SPPL, and look forward to having a good time with this Match and all the shooters again.

Bill Sahlberg

If the SGM doesn't drink barley soda's, I will be more than happy to take his place :-) Although this was my first Hoerner Scoring match, I liked it as it rewarded accuracy over the "hoser mode". I have shot USPSA Nationals since 1991 and this match was a better test of ones skills than any Nats I have been to. The article written soon after this match by the USPSA President reflected his view of "Outlaw" matches second hand from a well known shooter who had talked with him, MV was NOT present at this match and his articles view of the outlaw matches was meant as a general attack against all NON-USPSA Multi-Gun matches, not just this Match.

With this Hoerner scoring method and most of the rifle targets being 25-100 FEET away, I am not one to see accuracy being a "challenge" at this distance without adding a value to these targets. This scoring system took nothing away from targets at 100 -380 YARDS either where a rifle becomes a "precision" tool.

I have been to both matches and weather was good, ROs were friendly, prize distribution was good, and above ALL the sponsors were promoted better than any match that I had been to for years. I will be back, along with a few more shooters from SPPL, and look forward to having a good time with this Match and all the shooters again.

Bill Sahlberg

I am also good for the barley pop! Makes a good end to a good day of shooting. :cheers:

I am with Bill, good scoring method that awards accuracy. Even if I am not the best shooter on earth. I also have been to both of the previous matches R&R put on and enjoyed them both. I will continue to shoot and RO this match as long as Robert will have me! The sponsers need to be promoted as much as possible at all matches and at Robert's match, they are. Again, I will continue to assist and shoot this match until I am Bill's age. :surprise: (or a little older)

Hey all. Anyone know the schedule and when registration happens? I'm going to be flying in on Friday and need to know if I need to fly in early to reg or if it'll be done on Saturday morning.

Check in at the stat shack is 2:30 - 6:30 on Friday, Saturday shooters meeting at 7:30am , first shots at 8:00 am. Sunday shooters meeting 7:45 first shots at 8:00.

you should contact Robert at RandRracingonline.com if you will be coming in late friday.

Edited by CraigS.

• 2 months later...

Stages will be posted next week.

Ammo requirements:

Min:

Rifle: 150

SG: 150 Shot

10 Slugs

Pistol: 150

This is if you don't miss so please bring more. Wait until next week to see the stages before more questions.

There are no HM shooters signed up so this class has been droped, there is still HM Tactical!

Still nursing a broken leg...Dr. has given Ok for me to start shooting at the end of the month when the PICC line comes out! Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes! I am going to try to RO the Johnson 3 Gun in a couple of weeks...oh boy!

RLTW,

Scott

I shot the first 2, but unfortunately won't be able to make it this year. For personal reasons, and NOT because of the scoring system. What difference does it make what the scoring system is, as long as it's fair and applied equally?

Anyway, good luck to all! I'm sure it will be a great match, as usual. :cheers:

What difference does it make what the scoring system is, as long as it's fair and applied equally?

... dead horse.

I'm in to speed. I find it more fun.

One of the reasons I don't shoot IDPA much is it slower because of the scoring system. I'm sure Bullseye has a scoring system that is "fair and applied equally." But guess why I don't shoot Bullseye?

If you are more into accuracy than speed this match and its scoring system is for you. Long live variety.

Stages will be posted next week.

Ammo requirements:

Min:

Rifle: 150

SG: 150 Shot

10 Slugs

Pistol: 150

This is if you don't miss so please bring more. Wait until next week to see the stages before more questions.

There are no HM shooters signed up so this class has been droped, there is still HM Tactical!

Still nursing a broken leg...Dr. has given Ok for me to start shooting at the end of the month when the PICC line comes out! Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes! I am going to try to RO the Johnson 3 Gun in a couple of weeks...oh boy!

RLTW,

Scott

I registered HM iron, and got confirmed as HM tactical. I think there is a problem here.

Edited by SgtNice