Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what is it with women?

"...to which he replies, 'I didn't open it because you're a lady, I did because I'm a gentleman.' "
God, I love it.

When someone opens a door for me (or the equivalent) they receive a sincere 'Thank you!'...no matter what I'm thinking about myself at that moment. Gestures like that renew my faith in the morals of some of our people out there.

I can't resist! This door thing, and rude people sometimes really come together all at once. A couple of years ago I was in down town Denver in one of the high rise office buildings. I was exiting the building and right behind me was a nicely dressed woman chatting with her friend. I stopped and opened the door for them and while doing so said Hi. Now I guess they thought I was trying to pick them up, or since I was in my field clothes (came straight from well sight), I was one of the many "street people" that seemed to infest Denver a few years ago. one of the Gals , haughtily, asked "what are you doing?" I replied, I am holding the door for you. Her friend (the nicely dressed one) asked WHY? With a big smile I replied...because it is dangerous out there...you go first! Guess they thought I wanted money for holding the door or something, but the look on their faces was priceless! KurtM

That was funny Kurtm. I agree that it is different with the younger generations. I am, by my own admission, a potty mouth, but the things I hear young ladies say when out in public makes me blush. The 'C' word might as well be a greeting.

Edited by RAZZ

"Can't Understand Normal Thinking".

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

On the other hand, with certain women, in certain situations, used in conjunction with descriptive terminology of certain physical actions, that word will, umm, heighten the excitement of the moment.

:cheers::devil:

It is properly pronounced sue'nt and is used to describe a normally fuzzy small creature that can swallow well over a pound of meat in one bite....

Howard, you remind me of me!! :roflol:

I fall in line with Jim Normans thinking and how I try to act around ladies. I was raised that all women are ladies until they prove otherwise. Once they have proved otherwise I have no room for them in my life. Same goes for most guys that prove that they are not gentleman. Don't get me wrong, it takes some consistant crude behavior to be put out of my life. I have even dressed down friends who cross that line while I am around.

That said some of the women and girls today are down right foul mouthed and foul minded in the presence of anybody. Those are the ones that earn my description as Howard says, sue'nt.

CYa,

Pat

"...to which he replies, 'I didn't open it because you're a lady, I did because I'm a gentleman.' "
God, I love it.

When someone opens a door for me (or the equivalent) they receive a sincere 'Thank you!'...no matter what I'm thinking about myself at that moment. Gestures like that renew my faith in the morals of some of our people out there.

I ALWAYS open the door for females, and I HATE it when they are not gracious enough to say thank you!!!!

Sometimes I nearly let them know it too!!! My wife laughs at me, cuz she sees me getting really PISSED when it happens, which is typically someplace like a mall or the like

can't figure it out, but there is this certain word that makes women go ballistic. you know the word. i've asked my wife why, and still have no clue, other than not to ask again. i even tried to figure out an equitable word that offends men, but i couldn't come up with one.

You might not want to invite one to watch "Deadwood" with you.

God, I love it.

I ALWAYS open the door for females, and I HATE it when they are not gracious enough to say thank you!!!!

Sometimes I nearly let them know it too!!! My wife laughs at me, cuz she sees me getting really PISSED when it happens, which is typically someplace like a mall or the like

I also always hold the door for women. That's how dad raised me. Of the many times I've done it I had the good fortune to have a lady that didn't thank me follow me out of the building we came in earlier. Timed it just right. She took it for granted that I would hold the door again. I didn't and she walked face first into the door. It was great!

CYa,

Pat

I hold doors for Ladies, children older folks and even for men if I happen to be there...Its just what a Gentleman does.

Just one little smile..or a thank you from a little old Lady is all the payback one needs to offset the ones who dont :)

Jim