Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Day The Pants Failed

rhino

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I broke the 300# mark in 7th grade! I got down to 295 while I was wrestling from all of the running (well, I tried anyway) and the, well, wrestling. That was back in the day before the put the upper limit on how much you could weigh in amateur wrestling.

Rhino:

I don't know you, but I can share your pain, or according to the other posters (humor). I am a cookie away from 280 and I work on computers for a living. I was under a desk at a customer site when I herd the most terrifing sound ever. You guessed it, my pants were a fond memory. Oh did I forget to mention the church lady vice president was hovering over me. I thought I would never get called back for another call, but I still keep getting calls. At least you were among friends (we will call them friends for now) :D I must admit I had to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes so I could type. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. If that would only work for our pants. :lol:

I feel your pain, dude!

I thought that extra strong button & carpet thread was the answer. Sure, it helps, but when that cotton gets old and weak from too many washings, the weakest link is going to give . . .

Perhaps the suggestions of a stretchy gusset are right on the money . . .

I’m a BFG (big fat guy) too. The only pants that I’m completely comfortable in are made from “stretch” denim. To others, these stretch denims are indistinguishable from conventional jeans in appearance but the stretch makes them “give” rather than rip.

Wrangler stretch jeans are available at most Wal-Marts through size 50. If that’s not big enough try kingsizedirect.com where you can buy up to size 60.

Ed

• 7 months later...

I'm happy to announce that I've gone eight months with no further ... incidents.

It helps that I've been wearing shorts since March, which are far less likely to succumb to unusual stress scenarios.

I play paintball as well so here might be some help. Dye makes really nice pants for paintball in some nice high fashion colors. They are super durable handle sliding around getting hooked in the woods etc. And for security they are like triple stitched. They make them that are actually to big for me. I used to wear about a 56 and they had plenty of room, now I am down to like a 48 and I swim in them.

On the other note I wear jeans alot cause they seem to hold up better to stretching.

Hmmm ... had to look who brought this thread back up.

Don't be so sure about shorts, I have some -hmm, how shall I say this- "first hand experience" that proves that shorts can fail too :( !

I have some -hmm, how shall I say this- "first hand experience" that proves that shorts can fail too :( !

Not if you're wearing your Tactical Camouflage Suspenders. No one should see you while you're wearing them, but if they do you'll look good!