The Day The Pants Failed

rhino

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino

Watch my fingers type this...

Never sexually harass a woman with a pistol.

Hey! I'm just trying to help around here . . . I'm a helper! Isn't it obvious that motives are pure and honorable? :P

Isn't there some kind of "Good Samaritan" law for range accidents? :lol:

In my Louis Awerbuck classes, Louis talked to us about what to do if hot brass went down our shirts and that in some cases, he and the range help would assist you if they saw it. He went on to say, that if it dropped past your shirt and below the belt, you were on your own. :lol:

SiG Lady

Bet you wear clothes that button at the top when you go to a match, now.

Heck, I even got a hot one behind my glasses on a prone stage with my hat backwards...burned my eye lid...

At least I could show off my battle scars...maybe I shouldn't go there...

Hey, is that Rhino I hear putting some aloe vera lotion in his shooting bag, in case a female shooting companion needs "treatment"?

I get inside-the-eyeglasses burns ALL the time.

Heck, I even had brass go down my neck in mid-winter wearing a hefty full-coverage TURTLENECK sweater for cryin' out loud. So it almost doesn't matter WHAT I wear. Hot brass'll get me ANY time, it seems!

Not until Shooter Girl gets more web space for the photos! :P

I have a nice little scar on my forearm from a .40 case. On my chest I have an almost perfect .223-shaped scar, and on my neck/shoulder I have something that resembles the bite of a medium-sized predator, also caused by hot .223 brass.

Second degree burns RULE! CHIX DIG SCARS! B)

Uh,,,,a 45 case between the cheeks scars pretty good/bad depending on your point of view. :(

I had a .223 burn my arm pretty good,,,,,but the worst physical injury I've suffered while shooting was a cracked nose......

Victim of a .300 Win Mag......got just a smidge close to the scope.....That was a fun gun to shoot indoors...WHOAA!!!! You could feel the rush.

H4444

So it almost doesn't matter WHAT I wear.  Hot brass'll get me ANY time, it seems!

In that case it is better to wear less (like a bikini-top or so), so that the brass will fall free from your body ;)

Just my friendly advise. In that way I'm just as friendly and wanting-to-help as Rhino I guess :P

Especially after the "Italian girls/looks" thread-drift somewhere else on this forum :rolleyes:

No real blood GUSHING,,,,but the bridge of my nose was black/blue/green for a couple weeks and sneezing resulted in tears.

Worst of all, I couldn't shoot for a few weeks......hurt too bad to wear shooting glasses. :lol:

Tightloop,

A .300 indoors is an experience of both mind and body!! :lol:

First time I ever shot it on our local indoor range there was a guy with his two boys plinking some. The Dad was shooting a muzzleloader and the boys were plinking with a .22. The .22 sounded like faint cracks through the muffs. The muzzleloader was pretty load, but when I touched off the first round on the .300 WM it was quite the experience.

Through my muffs I could hear one of the boys....

"WHOA!!!!,,,,,I COULD FEEL THAT ONE!!!!" :rolleyes:

It isn't nearly as bad behind the rifle as it is if you're off to a side. It is LOUD and the concussion is pretty significant. I was shooting some 180 grain Nosler BT's pushing about 3,000 fps. We were told the traps could handle upto 4,000 fps.

Coolest thing I ever saw shot in there was a full auto HK MP5 with a silencer. There was a local class III holder holding a machine gun shoot. You could just about shoot the MP5 without hearing protection,,,,amazing how effective the silencer is.

I shot an full auto M4,,,,,,.223 isn't normally too bad indoors, but 20 or 30 of them in exceptionally quick succession is a bit much to handle.

H4444

Some clown at the range one day stepped into the booth next to me and I thought nothing of it until he pulled the trigger on whatEVER the hell he was SHOOTING...! The booth appeared to be literally on fire* every time he fired off this gun (never did find out what he was shooting), my rib cage protested to the max, and literally every other shooter in the room was peeking out from behind their respective booth walls, holding their ear-muffs and making rude faces. Fortunately he didn't do this hand-cannon act for too terribly long. I think some of the other shooters were ready to ask him to leave. It was however, in retrospect, quite funny. We're still talking about it.

*In fact, I thought it was until he continued firing unabated (and apparently unaffected) by the roaring blaze coming out the front of his firearm.

Yes, even a lowly .38 super with a 17 port compensater and 12 hybrid holes in the barrel can be a treat indoors (just kidding about 17 and 12). We shoot a 4-5 stage match indoors every Tuesday and it is amazing to me how loud some of the open guns are. Plugs, muffs and both hands for the noise. You can usually survive it unless you are the RO.

And my gosh, the fire that comes out of those comps!!!!!! Awesome!!!! I guess that is what you get when you put 11 grains of whatever fire-powder they use in a round. You know, just fill it up, and scrape off the top. add bullet and squeeze! :D:D:D

(I guess you can probably tell I shoot limited!)

Dennis

• 1 month later...

Beyond any doubt, the loudest gun I've ever shot - if you can imagine this - was a Hybrid compensated .44 Magnum Desert Eagle. L-O-U-D. The only gun I've ever fired that recoiled down. And you got that really cool snowfall effect from the particle board ceiling every time you touched off a round.

Beyond any doubt, the loudest gun I've ever shot - if you can imagine this - was a Hybrid compensated .44 Magnum Desert Eagle. L-O-U-D. The only gun I've ever fired that recoiled down. And you got that really cool snowfall effect from the particle board ceiling every time you touched off a round.

Two questions, Duane.

Is it yours?

Can I play with it?

Thank God I'm talking about shooting! :huh::)

Liota