Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock First Aid Kit

rtg

I posted this in a related thread a little while ago:

Glockmeister and Lone Wolf would be my choices for parts. I would strongly suggest picking up:

-4 trigger springs

-2 striker springs

-2 sets of striker spring cups

-2 two mag release springs

Springs, especially the trigger and magazine release, will break on your Glock before anything else. If you have a little extra money, invest in an extra striker, ejector housing, locking block, and extractor. With all of these parts in your range bag, save a catastrophic case failure, you should be able to fix any problem at the range.

I vote for an extra gun. Trade or cannibalize as needed. I keep my spare parts at home.

Edited to add: When I was out of state for a training class, I broke a striker and later a slide release spring. If I had just brought parts I thought might break I would have been screwed royal. Luckily I had my G34, which I whipped apart and fixed my G35 in about 2 minutes each time.

Edited by badchad

lof of times i take a back up gun. keep a small tool bag in my truck with tools and a few springs and assorted parts. if you run factory sights i'd keep a spare front. i've sen more than one fall off.

Springs and pins. I am more likely to loose these parts before my Glock breaks them. But you never know. I keep extra factory recoil springs assemblies

too. Those are for fellow Glock shooters who can't keep their gun running. :goof:

Jim

+2 I keep an extra Glock in my bag when shooting production. I've never had to pull it out of the bag but the first time I leave it at home, that will surely be the day my primary breaks.

The only thing that broke on one of my Glocks was the mag catch itself-the little plastic (er, polymer) shelf that holds the mag catch spring to the catch. I was able to borrow a gun to finish the match but now I carry a spare mag catch also. By the way, the pistol functioned perfectly if I held the mag in with my support hand.

With as many competitions I shoot in a year, I don't want to be slide-lined with a gun (Glock 34) that never fails, when it finally does. Here's what I put in my spare parts bin, for "insurance":

# PART

3/4 Recoil spring assembly

6 Spacer sleeve

7 Firing pin spring

8 Spring cups

10 Firing pin safety spring

13 Extractor depressor plunger spring

18 Magazine catch spring

19 Magazine catch

20 Slide lock spring

23 Trigger mechanism housing with ejector

27 Slide stop lever

28 Trigger pin

29 Trigger housing pin

34 Locking Block Pin

glock_17_parts.jpg

For MAJOR competitions, I'll bring my Glock 17 for backup. Just my $0.02......

Ryan

With as many competitions I shoot in a year, I don't want to be slide-lined with a gun (Glock 34) that never fails, when it finally does. Here's what I put in my spare parts bin, for "insurance":

# PART

3/4 Recoil spring assembly

6 Spacer sleeve

7 Firing pin spring

8 Spring cups

10 Firing pin safety spring

13 Extractor depressor plunger spring

18 Magazine catch spring

19 Magazine catch

20 Slide lock spring

23 Trigger mechanism housing with ejector

27 Slide stop lever

28 Trigger pin

29 Trigger housing pin

34 Locking Block Pin

glock_17_parts.jpg

For MAJOR competitions, I'll bring my Glock 17 for backup. Just my $0.02......

Ryan

I usually keep a complete set of springs as well as a trigger housing and 3 1/2# connector in my range bag. That and at least 15-20 mags in addition to an extra holster and mag set up that belongs to my son. If he isn't with me at the match that's an extra rig that a new shooter would be able to use to run a stage or two. That's one way to introduce a new shooter to the sport.

• 2 weeks later...
Been a while since I looked, but I believe that Glockmeister has just such a kit.

Glockmeister Glock Field Emergency Spring Replacement Kit This kit includes all of the springs in the gun - 2-EPM Magazine Springs, 1-Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring, 1-Trigger Spring, 1-Firing Pin Spring, 1-Firing Pin Safety Spring, 1-Recoil Spring Assembly, 1-Slide lock Spring and 1-Mag Catch Spring. All are factory new parts (the magazine springs are EPM 10% extra power and the slide stop lever spring is custom made - not available from the factory). Specify whether you have Fully Metal Lined Mags (FML) or Non Fully Metal Lined (NFML) Magazines.

I carry a glock 17, glock 35 limited gun and a , glock 35 open gun, just so I have spare parts ;)

I have a 34 and a 35 I think I will just carry both of them ...Thanks :cheers:

I carry a back-up and enough to gut a glock and replace everything but the block with both factory and competition springs. Ya, I roll a little heavy, but I've done my share of new-person glocksmith field work to make it pay off in good vibes. I've even been known to have the equip to change sights in my bag.

I shoot a G34 and carry a G17 as a backup as well. I also keep this little kit with me.

00850.JPG

01125.JPG

01013.JPG

00948.JPG

Includes:

Glock sight adjustment tool

Front sight screwdriver

Screwdriver

Glock Armorers Tool

15lb recoil spring setup

2 Firing pin springs

FO front sight replacement sticks

40 ejector and 9mm ejector

2 slide stops

Extractor

Replacement Pins

I also have some stuff for my 1911 in there as well.