Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taken,..good action movie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the wife to see this today after school was called off (again) due to bad weather.

Although you won't see anything that is mindblowingly new to the kidnap/sex trafficking genre, this flick is very well done and immensely entertaining.

My favorite part of the movie:

The fact that Liam kills every POS f*#ker responsible for his daughters kidnapping! I LOVE seeing the bad guys getting killed :)

Plan on seeing it this weekend. Saw an extended preview of it last night, and my 18yr old son is stoked about seeing it. Not tonight - opening night here - no way. Sunday afternoon probably.

My 22yr old daughter text messaged me an hour ago highly recommending it.

Man on Fire - loved it, but so depressing at the end, I don't crave it when I want to watch a good movie.

Mark K

IMO, it was better than Man On Fire, which didn't make a lot of sense at the end, and honestly I would have liked it better if thay had stuck to the original story in the book (the cute little girl didn't make it)

Now, that being said, I would reccomend seeing this movie. First thing I said after it was over was that it was good, but not as good as "The Kingdom", which is still very high up on my list.

IMO, it was better than Man On Fire, which didn't make a lot of sense at the end, and honestly I would have liked it better if thay had stuck to the original story in the book (the cute little girl didn't make it)

Now, that being said, I would reccomend seeing this movie. First thing I said after it was over was that it was good, but not as good as "The Kingdom", which is still very high up on my list.

didn't a well known USPSA competitor help with gun fight scenes??

Just wonder where were the police when he was

racing the wrong way down the street to jump onto the barge....

Loved the scene where he shoots

the French policemans wife in the arm

...real kind of stuff like that made the movie...and the

sheik with the knife...he did not remember...don't bring a knife to a gun fight

..also the Albanian in the chair...that could happen, great stuff..

Oh, someone stated that the movie was based on a book. It wasn't. It was an original screenplay. Also, the US version is edited down from the UK 15 version (sort of like our PG13).

I didn't realize that the total run time was only 91 minutes until I looked at my watch after the film ended.

Well here I am in WEST VIRGINA --went to see the movie today--got popcorn coke sat down movie started -- the film broke--did not even know they still used film--but they do,,anyway about 10 min later movie started ,,, that guy is good,,good movie enjoyed it.. :rolleyes:

Cool movie,..Liam Neeson is old school/new school ex-cia. Anyone else see it? Sort of like a Bourne movie,..but you could actually see the fight scenes instead of just hands flying.

Great movie. I was a little disappointed that he didn't carry his own specialized gun... He was always taking a gun from a bad guy (live or dead) and using it against them. If he only would have had a tricked out Limited gun....