Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another great revolver-only match opportunity!

Carmoney

Meanwhile if I wasn't "coordinating" my own club's regular USPSA match that weekend, I'd consider hauling the old Webley down there for some iron-sighted pussifying.

Trade with somebody! Seriously! We desperately need a Webley shooter at this match.

We might even give special recognition to the "Top Top-Break" shooter! :D

Edited by Carmoney

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be awesome, I just need to buy a couple more revolvers now!

BTW, Scoterbeast, there are also DS6 speedloaders available, and he makes them for J frames and Tauri as well.

This match actually interests me more than IRC or Nationals (combined). I like the idea of a well-rounded test with SC, ICORE, and USPSA. Kinda like the "Ultimate Smackdown". What a great concept!!! I am trying to find some of my fellow "Michigan Mafia Wheelies" to load up the van and head to the cornfields of Iowa. I think this concept has legs, and I want to shoot it...BAD!!! Count me in (provided I can find people to split the travel expenses).

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

I'm in and my son also. Now I just have to convince the wife that we should go Iowa for the 4th. Just a question, will the 22. match be more than 5 plates per stage? I have a 7 shot Tracker or will Carmoney FORCE me to buy a 617? :surprise:

We're open to suggestions--perhaps this could be a theme for the entire match?

Here are some concepts we are already considering:

Start position: Seated in chair, hands grasping respective ears of blow-up doll, handgun is loaded and holstered as per ready condition in Rule 8.1.1 and 8.1.2........

Start position: Lying on bed next to cow, with bottle of Rohypnol tablets in strong hand.....

Now wait a minute I thought Cliff was a "HE MAN" so shouldn't that be a 'GATOR instead of a Cow?

And who will supply the ah, um, hair for the 'Gator, Cliff may have some left from last years market.

Edited by pskys2

I'm in and my son also. Now I just have to convince the wife that we should go Iowa for the 4th. Just a question, will the 22. match be more than 5 plates per stage? I have a 7 shot Tracker or will Carmoney FORCE me to buy a 617? :surprise:

Jon,

Each steel stage will be 5 plates (or fewer); maximum (if you don't miss) of 5 shots per stage. There will be no knock-down plates (i.e. plate racks). Some of the stages will be similar to those at The Steel Challenge (Craig and Phillip would be real disappointed if there was no Smoke and Hope) and some will be of our invention. Our steel has vertical adjustment so we might come up with some stages you haven't seen.

Hope that helps.

Jay Tappe

At first, I thought this might be just a revolver-specific set of matches, but it appears to be gender-specific as well.

Meanwhile if I wasn't "coordinating" my own club's regular USPSA match that weekend, I'd consider hauling the old Webley down there for some iron-sighted pussifying.

Gender specificity? We're letting Mike shoot aren't we?

On the Limited Revolver Match, will we need to bring major power factor ammo?

Nope. 120 pf, Saturday & Sunday

Jay Tappe

Is it ICORE rules or will there be major and minor??

On the Limited Revolver Match, will we need to bring major power factor ammo?

Nope. 120 pf, Saturday & Sunday

Jay Tappe

Is it ICORE rules or will there be major and minor??

Both Sat. and Sun. will be shot on USPSA targets, using USPSA scoring and the general (non-equipment) USPSA rules. We will not be setting up a chrono, so you can shoot whatever ammo you want, as long it takes down the steel poppers which will be calibrated to fall at 120 p.f. Because there is no chrono, for scoring purposes, everyone will be assumed to be shooting major both days (even though most probably won't be), so C hits are worth 4 points, etc.

Saturday and Sunday are going to be USPSA type stages... but this is a revolver match ;). It won't be too bad for revolvers, array wise. However, it'd be a shame if we didn't have arrays that took all 6 shots that need to COUNT!

Steel can be a bitch!

I ran into Carmoney at the local gun shop today and he had a neat little .455 Bulldog he'd just picked up. Maybe you guys can duke it out for the "Top Old-Timey Revo Shooter" award.

Are the sat/sun matches going to be set up "6 rd neutral" or the 8 rds EVERY time I'm used to (and sick of) seeing?

Tom, we have not yet designed the stages, but I can tell you this: Do not expect us to conform to 6-round neutral OR 8-round neutral for this renegade match. We will all be shooting (basically) the same type of gun each day, so everybody's on a level playing field. The USPSA rules that tend to generate lots of 8-round arrays are out the window--we're going to do what we want, and what we think everybody will find fun.

My idea of a good USPSA stage is one that offers the shooter multiple options in engaging the targets, thereby requiring the brain to be engaged when planning out the mode of attack--if everybody on the squad shoots it a little differently, that's a good stage in my book. Also, a good stage is one that challenges the good shooters without totally intimidating the entry-level folks.

As I said in the other thread, we are known at OOPS for setting up interesting and innovative stages. One experienced shooter at our last Back-to-Back match commented that our stages were "Nationals quality." There might be a little bit of hyperbole there, but I promise we do put real effort into stage design. Our local matches tend to have better stages than a lot of Sectionals and Area matches I've attended--and that's no exaggeration.

Are the sat/sun matches going to be set up "6 rd neutral" or the 8 rds EVERY time I'm used to (and sick of) seeing?

The USPSA rules that tend to generate lots of 8-round arrays are out the window--we're going to do what we want, and what we think everybody will find fun.

That's what I was hoping for. When will apps be available? Anybody around SE Wisconsin want to carpool? I can put the seat back in my Astro Van.

The USPSA rules that tend to generate lots of 8-round arrays are out the window--we're going to do what we want, and what we think everybody will find fun.

That's what I was hoping for. When will apps be available? Anybody around SE Wisconsin want to carpool? I can put the seat back in my Astro Van.

Official announcement/application form should be up tonight or tomorrow.

...since we picked our "Vacation Time" in November, it doesn't look good for me making it this year...but if you make it the Fourth of July weekend NEXT YEAR, I can probably get the time...what the hell, I can probably talk at least one other CRAZY "Roundgunner" from the "Deep South" into coming...you listening, Tony???... :cheers: ....mikey357