Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drazy Metal Works Steel 500

Hi,

I just got back from the SSC, and we just purchased 8 guns for the prize table from Springfield! :cheers: When we get more entries we can get more guns. We have decide with the economy to drop the late entry fee. But please, send in the entries as soon as you can so we can get you squaded and in the scoring program and other planning.

Thanks

Tom

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tom can we get an update on the number of shooters per division and classes thanks production specifically

I can in a day or so, I just got the App's from Ray to start putting them into the scoring program.

Tom

Tom,

Any word on stage designs? I am going to assume the 8 stages of the steel challenge will be 8 of the 12 static steel stages. Is this correct? I would like to start practicing alittle before the match. Thanks.

So Tom!!

If everyone had a big hat to wear, would you care if it rained? Or if pigs would fly?

Just thought I would throw in my meaningless question.

The person who said the only dumb question was one that didn't get asked is wrong!!!

:huh::wacko::yawn::goof::surprise::cheers:

Tom,

Any word on stage designs? I am going to assume the 8 stages of the steel challenge will be 8 of the 12 static steel stages. Is this correct? I would like to start practicing alittle before the match. Thanks.

Hi,

You are correct that the current 8 will be used, as well as 4 others.

Tom

tom can we get an update on the number of shooters per division and classes thanks production specifically

This is a rough breakdown (it's late and I am tired!)

Lim 21

Open 20

Prod. 35

SS 15

Open Revo 1

More app's are comming in daily, but this is what I have for now.

Tom <_<

Does anyone have any idea where else to get a golf cart? A member earlier said he reserved one from TNT for $140. for the match.

A couple of years ago at the Nationals it was $75. ???????????

This is more a general question somewhat related to the match. I would like to shoot two guns at this match but I was wondering how I would shoot open and limited at the same time at each stage. If I were to use the same holster I would have to adjust the holster every stage between shooting both guns. The other idea I have is to have a second holster setup for the other gun. The problem is my second holster is a different brand so the gun sits differently. So my main concern is I will have difficulty changing from one gun to the next with both shooting and drawing even though both are STIs. Does anyone else have expereience with this one way or the other or a different idea. Thanks.

Does anyone have any idea where else to get a golf cart? A member earlier said he reserved one from TNT for $140. for the match.

A couple of years ago at the Nationals it was $75. ???????????

I don't know of any other companies that rent the carts. TNT is the same one that has rented them in the past at PASA according to Ray Hirst who gave their info to me.

pinblasteroh, I also shoot 2 STI's for open and limited, but use the same rig so that the gun is in the same positon for both. Why have two different rigs/holster positions for basically the same gun?

"The problem is my second holster is a different brand so the gun sits differently." "If I were to use the same holster I would have to adjust the holster every stage between shooting both guns." These quotes would seem to cancel each other out. If you use the same holster, and have to adjust it, the guns are already sitting differently, so I'd go with the second holster rig and avoid the hassle.

I believe Tom originally said they would put shooters between your two guns, giving you time to make the switch. And both guns would be shot before leaving the stage.

Here's another hotel that should be considered. I took the RO class at PASA back in March and my family and I stayed at the Travelodge in Hannibal. The rooms were clean and about as large as any hotel I've ever stayed at. Micro and Fridge in every room, breakfast with a wafflemaker. And if you ask for ground floor, you can back right up to your door. The manager told me that all the mattresses were going to be replaced in April this year, although there was absolutely nothing wrong with ours. Wireless high speed in all rooms. It's at the first MO exit after you cross the bridge from Illinois. Here's the phone number 573-221-2861. We will be staying there for the Masters this year too.

pinblasteroh, I also shoot 2 STI's for open and limited, but use the same rig so that the gun is in the same positon for both. Why have two different rigs/holster positions for basically the same gun?

"The problem is my second holster is a different brand so the gun sits differently." "If I were to use the same holster I would have to adjust the holster every stage between shooting both guns." These quotes would seem to cancel each other out. If you use the same holster, and have to adjust it, the guns are already sitting differently, so I'd go with the second holster rig and avoid the hassle.

I believe Tom originally said they would put shooters between your two guns, giving you time to make the switch. And both guns would be shot before leaving the stage.

I am using the CR speed holster as my primary so the open gun barrel is longer then stock so I have to adjust the barrel plug is what I was refering to.

I have decieded to just shoot one gun unless I change my mind later.

Greg, just buy a Ghost holster for STI and be done with it. One holster for both guns....I did it and never looked back. You can sell the CR speed and recoup some money as well....just a thought.....

DougC

Will stages be posted at any time? I am familiar with steel challenge type stages but I am more interested in the 12 steel field courses and how much movement or reloading there would be in these? Thanks.

Hi,

Ray just sent me the stages. I think he did a great job! Here they are. :cheers:

Tom

Barricades.pdf

Change_Over.pdf

Cigar_Bar.pdf

Down_The_Middle.pdf

Hallway_Shuffle.pdf

Hardcover.pdf

Head_Poppers.pdf

Long_Range_Steel.pdf

Mail_it.pdf

Steel_Standards.pdf

Step_It_Up.pdf

Sweeper.pdf

My guess...and I could be wrong here. We are having 12 steel challenge stages. Since there are not that many official steel challenge stages. I'm gonna guess that we will use all the SC stages and then make a few up on the spot, then measure them for future use.

And since you done have any primers...are you gonna airsoft the stages to practice all 24?? :roflol:

My guess...and I could be wrong here. We are having 12 steel challenge stages. Since there are not that many official steel challenge stages. I'm gonna guess that we will use all the SC stages and then make a few up on the spot, then measure them for future use.

And since you done have any primers...are you gonna airsoft the stages to practice all 24?? :roflol:

I haven't actually counted all the steel challenge stages...seems like there were more than 12. I'll have to find that pdf again and count them.

Regarding the primers, calling you to borrow some was the next thing on my to-do list! It's a good thing I have some buddies to bail me out until my order comes in! :D

I haven't actually counted all the steel challenge stages...seems like there were more than 12. I'll have to find that pdf again and count them.

Regarding the primers, calling you to borrow some was the next thing on my to-do list! It's a good thing I have some buddies to bail me out until my order comes in! :D

Stay back!!!!!.....I have primers and may use them if threatened. :roflol:

Did I miss what steel challenge stages there would be or is this a secret?

I thought I posted this but I can't find it, we are going to use the "current" 8 and 4 that Jeff Matche sent me. They are OOPS, Club, Texas Tree, and Triad.

Later

Tom