Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drazy Metal Works Steel 500

We had that one rough start where my 9mm Major ammo didn't take a plate down with a center hit. Ray was kind enough to change it up though. One thing we all noticed on our squad was that anything center line and higher didn't seem to have a problem, but low hits, even in the calibration zone sometimes wouldn't fall. I just started holding high on everything. I did notice towards the middle of the afternoon though that most issues we were running into were gone.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point being that if you didn't paint between each shooter how could you tell where your bullets hit, in the "bulb" of the popper or not? :unsure:

We painted after each shooter so it was easy to tell exactly where you hit.

Tony, I had enough powder in my bullets to make a 130 pf. I had at least 4 hits in the calibration zone on targets that did not go over. It is no big deal, and I really enjoyed the match, just next time I'll be ready with heavier loads.

You could always have the light loads for the SC and some heavier ammo for the IPSC stages. That way you could still motor on SC and know you have enough to knock down a stubborn popper. ;)

my point being that if you didn't paint between each shooter how could you tell where your bullets hit, in the "bulb" of the popper or not? :unsure:

We painted after each shooter so it was easy to tell exactly where you hit.

Tony, I had enough powder in my bullets to make a 130 pf. I had at least 4 hits in the calibration zone on targets that did not go over. It is no big deal, and I really enjoyed the match, just next time I'll be ready with heavier loads.

You could always have the light loads for the SC and some heavier ammo for the IPSC stages. That way you could still motor on SC and know you have enough to knock down a stubborn popper. ;)

That's a good idea, using 2 loads would be the way to go.

It was alot of fun, and I will definitely be back next year if I at all can.

thanks Matt for posting those. :cheers: Not to be too pickey here but on the steel challenge stages would you please go back in and label which stages were which? I don't want to assume that the first 8 were the same ones from Piru, CA.

I don't know what was what :ph34r:

For those who haven't seen it yet, today's edition of The Shooting Wire ran a story I wrote about the Drazy Steel 500 match. It's just a couple paragraphs that mention the winners and the match itself. One of Matt's photos ran along with the article. Jim Shepherd, the publisher, usually covers the larger USPSA matches and steel challenge championships in an effort to further promote the shooting sports. If you do not already subscribe to the opt-in newsletter, you might give it a look.

Thanks to Ray, Tom, Tony, Deb, and all the ROs and staff for putting on a great match. Congratulations to the division and category winners, and to all the competitors who came to the first of what looks to be a really neat match in the future.

Best,

Scott

I see the results are posted on the Pasa site, but individual stages are not listed. Is there anyway we can get results for each stage and what each stage was?

I see the results are posted on the Pasa site, but individual stages are not listed. Is there anyway we can get results for each stage and what each stage was?

Look back at Post #206. It has the Individual Stages.

Matt didn't have the names of the stages.

I'm pretty sure the Steel Challenge stages were

#1 to #7 on the upper bays. With #6 Speed Option and #7 the Texas Tree

#8 (Outer Limits) the singe stage over ontop the other hill and 9 thru 12 in the valley.

Ipsc started again back on the upper ranges with 13 thru 19

and 20 the single stage on the other hill with 21 thru 24 back in the valley.