Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drazy Metal Works Steel 500

Since it's a no PF match I'd guess no calibration challenges. We'll see what Tom and Ray have to say.

Tony, what pf will you run for this? Will you run a different pf for the steel challenge stages?

Thanks,

Todd

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's a no PF match I'd guess no calibration challenges. We'll see what Tom and Ray have to say.

Tony, what pf will you run for this? Will you run a different pf for the steel challenge stages?

Thanks,

Todd

Psssst... as long as you can knock down the steel it don't matter. ;) Great match for a guy with a bad wrist...

I'm in!!

Thanks,

Todd

I would think that you would want to run the same ammo for the entire match so the pistol feels the same. But ist is not required.

Tom

This match sounds like a blast!

I have a few questions.

Are the USPSA equipment rules for Single Stack going to apply? Everything behind the hip?

Or...

Since there is no minor or major...

Can the guys shooting .40 load their mags to full capacity (9+1)?

Can you use 10+1 rounds with Super and 9mm?

Can .45 use 10 round mags?

Just trying to decide what to shoot.

Thanks for any info.

I am also wondering about the single stack division rules. Is there going to be a 10 round limit per mag for all classes or can we use the 170mm mags with 27 rounds. Also if you shoot two guns will you be shooting both guns on the same stage at once or can you shoot all morning with one gun and in the afternoon shoot the other gun? And is the prize table seperate for each class so you could go twice if you shoot two guns? Trying to figure out what I need to load and bring. Thanks.

I am also wondering about the single stack division rules. Is there going to be a 10 round limit per mag for all classes or can we use the 170mm mags with 27 rounds. Also if you shoot two guns will you be shooting both guns on the same stage at once or can you shoot all morning with one gun and in the afternoon shoot the other gun? And is the prize table seperate for each class so you could go twice if you shoot two guns? Trying to figure out what I need to load and bring. Thanks.

It's not like the pro-am. If you're shooting SS, then you declare minor and shoot whatever mags will fit in the box as long as it's not over 10 rounds.

Open is open, limited is limited. Shoot the mags you use for USPSA.

Hi,

We are using USPSA guidlines, it is monor so if it a 10 round "flush" mag. 9 mm or a 9 round 40 mag it is good! Load it up!. Also location of equiptment is behind the hip.

As for 2 guns, you are going to be shooting all day both days, 12 stages both days so if you want to shoot 2 guns, you will shoot them while you are at that stage.

Have fun.

Thanks

Tom

It's not like the pro-am. If you're shooting SS, then you declare minor and shoot whatever mags will fit in the box as long as it's not over 10 rounds.

Open is open, limited is limited. Shoot the mags you use for USPSA.

:cheers: Good answer Matt!!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking to in Tom to see if this is correct. I Will be shooting open and Limited. I will shoot both guns the same day. Same Stages. With a break in between each turn. As a squad we will rotate back and forth for two gun shooters. If I am wrong let me know. Thanks

Just checking to in Tom to see if this is correct. I Will be shooting open and Limited. I will shoot both guns the same day. Same Stages. With a break in between each turn. As a squad we will rotate back and forth for two gun shooters. If I am wrong let me know. Thanks

:cheers: You are correct sir!!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

On the entry form I see no Limited 10 division. Is this correct? With the Pro-am 2 weeks after this match and all 10 rnds, I was considering shooting Limited 10. Planning on sending the form in soon.

Thanks.

On the entry form I see no Limited 10 division. Is this correct? With the Pro-am 2 weeks after this match and all 10 rnds, I was considering shooting Limited 10. Planning on sending the form in soon.

Thanks.

Hi,

With this being the first match of this type, and there is no power factor, and we had no real idea how many people might be interested in shooting somethig like this, we wanted to keep it simple for the first year.

Thanks

Tom

I'm curious as to how many have signed up for this match... 500 rounds over two days? All steel targets?

Can't ask for more fun than that.

At least we don't have to worry about running out of pasters :roflol:

Also... Tom... are they going to post the stages anywhere, or is this gonna be a surprise match?

Frank

I'm curious as to how many have signed up for this match... 500 rounds over two days? All steel targets?

Can't ask for more fun than that.

At least we don't have to worry about running out of pasters :roflol:

Also... Tom... are they going to post the stages anywhere, or is this gonna be a surprise match?

Frank

I will check with Ray to see if he is going to put the corses on a computer so I can post them.

Tom

Ray, is there an RO packet you want us to fill out? I'm planning to RO and shoot this match if the RO positions aren't filled.

What's the fee going to be if RO's want to shoot a second gun? (1000 rounds in 2 days!!!)

Will there be a production class?

Will USPSA classes be used?

Ray, is there an RO packet you want us to fill out? I'm planning to RO and shoot this match if the RO positions aren't filled.

What's the fee going to be if RO's want to shoot a second gun? (1000 rounds in 2 days!!!)

I am not sure if Ray will see this, so I emailed it to him. He is doing the staffing.

Thanks

Tom

I forgot, yes there is production class!

Tom

Gmantwo,

I'm pretty much filled up on staff at this time. I may need a few more if the match fills up which it hasn't yet. I'll keep you on the list of stff to be added if there is a need, best I can do. Make a note of that on your match application. Like Tom said there is a Production class. USPSA classes will be used if the match fills and there is a need to recognize the classes. If a RO wants to shoot a second gun it's $100 same as a second gun for the paying customers. I'll get the stages complete and post them here in the next few weeks. I was waiting to get a better count on poppers and the steel at PASA before I finalized the stages. I just don't get to PASA much in the winter. I didn't want to draw up something and put it out there and then have to pull it back.

Hope everyone can make the match it's going to be a lot of fun that's all I can promise. :cheers:

Ray

What happens if you do not have a USPSA classification? I am only a steel shooter so I never shoot USPSA. Do we need to get classified?

Nope. We will not use the USPSA classes only. I may use a system based on USPSA, IDPA and steel challenge scores. USPSA is a little heavy on classes IMO. I still need to talk to Tom about it but i'm leaning towards a Pro (USPSA GM), Semi-Pro, (USPSA Master), Amateur (USPSA A & B CLASS) and Beginner (USPSA C & D CLASS). We would relate the IDPA classes and steel challenge scores into those groups as well. I'm going to sit down with Tom at Single Stack Nationals and go over it with him. If you've never shot anything you would be a beginner. Second year (next year) we would base your class on where you finished in the match as well if you didn't have a USPSA/IDPA classification. 90% or better score Pro, 80-90% score Semi-Pro. 50-80% score Amateur, below 50% Beginner. You would be allowed to declare into a higher division if you want. If you declare in Beginner and shoot above all the amateurs entries then you get busted out of Beginner and into the class you shot Semi Pro. No sand baggers please. :wacko:

Hope you can make the match, it will be a good one.

Ray