Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drazy Metal Works Steel 500

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray,

Have you selected the match hotel yet?

There will be No match hotel. Registration will be the morning before the match starts at the range. Below are some local hotels you woulddn't see on the interent. Any other Quincy or Hannibal motel would do.

Thanks

Ray Hirst

Ice House - (Barry, IL) 217-335-3377

Green Acres - (Pittsfield, IL) 217-285-2166

Althoff - (Quincy, IL) 217-228-2460

Holiday Inn Conference center (NEW Quincy, IL) 217-223-7800

Ray, is there an RO packet you want us to fill out? I'm planning to RO and shoot this match if the RO positions aren't filled.

What's the fee going to be if RO's want to shoot a second gun? (1000 rounds in 2 days!!!)

Will there be a production class?

Will USPSA classes be used?

I forgot, yes there is production class!

Tom

Who is teaching the class ?? :D:P:goof:

(Sorry Tom, couldn't resist.)

• 2 weeks later...

I know this has already been asked, but what are the thoughts on Limited 10? Would it be lumped with Limited or Single Stack or separate? I'm using a 5" bull barreled 45 so that is the only major difference aside from gear set-up. Would I be allowed to use 8 rounders? Or jumped up to limited?

I know this has already been asked, but what are the thoughts on Limited 10? Would it be lumped with Limited or Single Stack or separate? I'm using a 5" bull barreled 45 so that is the only major difference aside from gear set-up. Would I be allowed to use 8 rounders? Or jumped up to limited?

You would be in Limited. No Lim 10 division. Hope you can make it! Rumor has it Max will be there to shoot the match. :cheers:

Edited by Ray Hirst

I'll be there, for sure. Just not in Limited 10. Not worth the disadvantage of 10 less rounds than others just to use that gun, especially in this match format. BUT, you can guarantee I'll be there. (And looking forward to it quite a bit, btw.)

The wife and I are now on the list. Really looking forward to it. Always fun getting beat by Matt!!

Didn't you say the wife was pregnant?

WOW! Did the Doc say it is OK for her to shoot? I've always heard that shooting was not reccomended for pregnant women.

Hope it works out for you.

The wife and I are now on the list. Really looking forward to it. Always fun getting beat by Matt!!

Didn't you say the wife was pregnant?

WOW! Did the Doc say it is OK for her to shoot? I've always heard that shooting was not reccomended for pregnant women.

Hope it works out for you.

Yes she is pregnant, I dont think shooting hurts anything, She shot on a traveling trap league with me when she was pregnant with my first son. Actually her scores improved dramatically once she started showing. Everyone said it was due to the anti-recoil counterweight she had. I will have her check again with the doctor, but he never mentioned there being a problem before. Actually this is a reason why we are not going to shoot any of the area matches later on in the year, but mostly due to the fact she will be big and slow EDIT

(.I am so sad to say, that after talking to the OB, we decided not to shoot this match after all . Didn't want to hyjack the tread, just wanted everyone that though her shooting was a bad idea, to feel better. Thanks Ray for understanding and accepting our cancellation.

Edited by waxman

For the stages that are Steel Challenge type, do we shoot 5 runs of each stage and have a throw out like Steel Challenge, then add up the 4 best times... or, do we just take 1 run and get that time. Or am I off base entirely???

Thanks

shoot 5 runs of each stage and have a throw out like Steel Challenge, then add up the 4 best times...

I believe this.

I was asked to make up the scoring spreadsheet for this match and that is how the scoring will be as far as I know.

Steve

For the stages that are Steel Challenge type, do we shoot 5 runs of each stage and have a throw out like Steel Challenge, then add up the 4 best times... or, do we just take 1 run and get that time. Or am I off base entirely???

Thanks

On the steel challenge stages, you will run 5 and toss out one. (except outer limites) Shoot 4 and toss one. :cheers:

Later

Tom

I reserved a golf cart yesterday for the weekend from TNT(?). They will deliver it to PASA for the 2 days of the match. They have carts with a box to carry your equipment and carts without the box. I went with the box and it will cost me $140 total for the match. You have to reserve your cart in advance and their phone number is 217-228-2226. It will be so nice to ride around PASA in comfort!!!

This should be a great match, like all of Drazy's. I signed up. It's an opportunity to shoot steel, which many of us need practice at. We'll be seeing a lot more steel matches with USPSA taking over The Steel Challenge

I am going to shoot Limited. No desire to shoot two different classes, but can I shoot two different limited guns. One set up for steel challenge, the other for the USPSA style stages, or is only one gun allowed for the entire match. Thanks.

I am going to shoot Limited. No desire to shoot two different classes, but can I shoot two different limited guns. One set up for steel challenge, the other for the USPSA style stages, or is only one gun allowed for the entire match. Thanks.

One gun, one match! The plan is to have the stages set up to shoot a field stage and then a steel challenge stage and so on. :D

Thanks

Tom