Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Mississippi Classic

Good, 50 spots left...Mine went out in the mail today.......seems I have been running a little late here recently......Looking forward to another great match...I have a little score to settle from last year!!

Randal

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, 50 spots left...Mine went out in the mail today.......seems I have been running a little late here recently......Looking forward to another great match...I have a little score to settle from last year!!

Randal

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Speaking of happy, I got a nice little box in the mail today from the "Sons of Nemo" corporation. I saw his kids were trying to make a little money by going into business making lanyards and things out of parachute cord so I told them I wanted to get some of them for our prize table. I thought I was supporting the kids... but turns out they're supporting us. They sent me a big bag stuffed full of way more bracelets and key chains than I sent them money for with a nice note about how they wanted to help us out with our prize table so they threw in some extras. These things are really nice and very well made. I'm hoping I get one so I can use it to clip some stuff onto my range bag.

Glad to be part of it John! :) Sad we can't make it to the match. :(

The sport has given my sons and me too much enjoyment and this was just a very small way of giving back. Glad you liked the goodies and hope those who get them like them as well.

Have a great time at the match!

:cheers:

Speaking of happy, I got a nice little box in the mail today from the "Sons of Nemo" corporation. I saw his kids were trying to make a little money by going into business making lanyards and things out of parachute cord so I told them I wanted to get some of them for our prize table. I thought I was supporting the kids... but turns out they're supporting us. They sent me a big bag stuffed full of way more bracelets and key chains than I sent them money for with a nice note about how they wanted to help us out with our prize table so they threw in some extras. These things are really nice and very well made. I'm hoping I get one so I can use it to clip some stuff onto my range bag.

Glad to be part of it John! :) Sad we can't make it to the match. :(

The sport has given my sons and me too much enjoyment and this was just a very small way of giving back. Glad you liked the goodies and hope those who get them like them as well.

Have a great time at the match!

:cheers:

Nelson,

Next year we need to all try to make this match. I went last year and had a blast! Scheduling issues and finances are keeping me away this year and I hate it. Good people and a lot of fun.

Hats off to your boys!

So I got a call from the match hotel today. Turns out we're having a little pre-match prize lottery this year. They overbooked on regular double rooms, so they are going to need to upgrade about 9 or 10 shooters to suites at the double room price. I told them to just pick at random. Don't know who or how many for sure yet, but it will be a fun surprise for some folks next Friday when they get checked in I hope.

Edited by John Heiter

Talked to our food vendor today and he is all set to provide good eats on Sat and Sun. For those of you who have been here the last couple of years, you know how good the chow is. Additionally, he informs me that he will be ready to go with hot coffee and sausage and egg biscuits at 6:30 each morning. Come on out early and chow down!

See everyone there.

PAT

OK, John is showing 13, but I am still hoping for more. As usual, I make the following offer, if you want to show that you have a set of 230 hard cast, but don't have all the equipment, I will provide at no charge: Apex Tactical tuned 625, RH CR-Speed Holster and belt with Speedy-Rack and all the ammo needed to shoot the match. All you have to do is sign up for Revolver and shoot. What could be better than that? The only drawback on this is that the belt and rig is for a 36 inch waist, but if you are larger (or smaller), I will find another belt. If more than one takes up the offer, then I have a second 625 that is almost as good as the Apex, 1st come gets 1st choice, the exception being any ladies that want to shoot. They get first choice no matter what. Who will step up and show they have what it takes?

P.S. The 230 hard cast remark does not apply to the ladies. :roflol:

If you'd pull the trigger on the gun too I'd be all over it. It's certainly very tempting, but I have something I need to prove to myself in my shooting in Limited first. My goal is to some day get classified in Revolver. I might like it so much I keep shooting one!

Ummm, did I say 50 spots left? I meant 25. And before you guys ask, there are now 15 revo's in the match. :cheers:

Thanks, John. I may have missed something, but I gotta ask. What's the "trolley rides" about (mentioned in the thread title)? Are we going to have trolley rides from one stage to the next :roflol: ? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting into the match again this year.

If you've been to the match in the last couple years, you've likely ridden the trolley. Our stages are basically laid out left to right so Stage 10 is a long-ish way from stage 1. A couple years ago we started offering folks a lift to get there on our "trolley". It's nothing more than a tractor pulling a big tandem axle trailer with some comfortable benches down both sides and a cooler full of drinks up front. It will haul a full squad plus their gear and even a shooting cart or two. Sit down, take a break, get something cool to drink, and let us get you to the next stage on time.

There will be 6 or 8 CASA shooters coming to the match. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Clinton. I personally am looking forward to seeing everyone again as I had a good time with you all at the Arkansas Section match last weekend. You had a very good squad and braved the rain without complaint. We'll see you at the match... :ph34r:

Bob :cheers:

Edited by Helicopter Bob

Thanks, John. I've seen the trailer but haven't ridden it yet. Talk about a well-run match, you guys even provide transportation! Since you've always been kind enough to let us, the squad that I shoot with usually piles into the back of 1 or 2 pickups and drives from one part of the range to the next. Even grumpy old Mac (from my area) drives us around once in a while. Looking forward to another great MS match. See you next Friday.

Gregg Wheat

Edited by chemepharmd

John, looks like word is getting around that the MS Classic is a great match! We are going to have to expand the range so we can fit more people in for next year! :roflol: Must be the Southern Hospitality!!!

See ya' next weekend!

Jimmy

Myself, Don Hardy, James Gill and Elliot James are heading that way. We are excited about shooting this match for the first time. See you there!!!
You have 4 guys coming down from Indiana area that are coming down for the first time as well looking forward to this match

Welcome to Mississippi! :cheers: Look forward to seeing you.