Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Mississippi Classic

Has anyone gotten an email with the registration times and location for Friday night, start times on Sat, squads etc? If that went out I don't think that hit my email, nor my son's.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I'll be sending out a formal schedule tonight when I get home but the basics are that we'll be doing registration at the range itself on Friday night and you'll need to be at the range geared up and ready to shoot by 7:30 on Saturday morning. We'll have a quick welcome and some announcements and then we'll be shooting by 8:00. I'll have the squad lists at registration on Friday.

John

This is a new for us. Are RO's shooting Friday??

Boz,

I'm not part of the staff, but I'm sure things haven't changed. The RO's and approved shoot-through's are shooting on Friday, and everyone else shoots Saturday and Sunday am, with awards afterward.

Hope that helps.

Boz,

I'm not part of the staff, but I'm sure things haven't changed. The RO's and approved shoot-through's are shooting on Friday, and everyone else shoots Saturday and Sunday am, with awards afterward.

Hope that helps.

That is the plan. Hope the weather does not screw it up.

See you there :cheers:

PAT

R U and DV8 coming out to this match as well?

Hell yes. I've heard nothing but high praise for this match for years. I'm overdue to experience it for myself.

I just sent this out to all competitors that I have e-mail addresses for, but just in case anyone didn't get it I'll post it here too:

Greetings Competitors,

The 2009 Mississippi Classic is just days away and, on behalf of the match staff, it is my pleasure to bring you a few last minute details:

1. Competitor check-in will be held at the range on Friday, May 15th from 6:30pm until 8:30pm. If you are unable to attend, please make arrangements for someone to pick up your match packet for you.

2. There will be a limited check-in at the range on Saturday morning from 6:30am until 7:00am for those unable to attend Friday night. Walk-in competitors wishing to register for the match may do so Friday night or at the range prior to the match ONLY if slots remain available. We currently have fewer than ten slots remaining. Standard late entry fees apply. No competitor registrations will be accepted after 7:00am.

3. All competitors should plan to be at the range no later than 7:00am on both Saturday, May 16th and Sunday, May 17th.

4. The 2009 Mississippi Classic consists of ten challenging stages, including one classifier stage, with a minimum round count of 244. Stage diagrams for the 2009 Mississippi Classic have been posted to the match website (http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/).

5. RO's, Vendors, and approved shoot throughs will shoot on Friday the 15th beginning at 8:00am. The range will be open to spectators and you are free to examine the stages while they are not in use, but we ask that you please observe the roped off areas and that you do not interfere with the squads shooting each stage.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the match (jheiter@teammagnolia.com) and I look forward to seeing you all on the 15th at the range.

Thanks,

John Heiter

Match Director

2009 Mississippi Classic

Edited by John Heiter

Y'all that are traveling from far away, welcome to Mississippi, and be advised that the match is in the central time zone.

Signed,

Captain Obvious

That just occurred to me yesterday, so it's probably good that you pointed that out.

I'm really looking forward to this match!

R U and DV8 coming out to this match as well?

We'll be there, and I better see an "M" by your name :roflol: I'm tired of the severe ass-whoopin's you've been handing out!!

Speaking of classifications, I've been reading the rules some and here's my interpretation. We'll be using the classification database as available on the USPSA website at the official START of the match. That means that if a new classifier file is available by 8:00 am on Friday the 15th when the RO's and Vendors start shooting, we'll pull it and use it. If it comes out after that (even later that day), we won't be able to use it and we'll be using the one from last month. I'm hoping it will come out early this week because there were a bunch of unclassified shooters trying to get a first classification in, but the last one came out at 3:00pm on the 15th so we'll just have to see.

Speaking of classifications, I've been reading the rules some and here's my interpretation. We'll be using the classification database as available on the USPSA website at the official START of the match. That means that if a new classifier file is available by 8:00 am on Friday the 15th when the RO's and Vendors start shooting, we'll pull it and use it. If it comes out after that (even later that day), we won't be able to use it and we'll be using the one from last month. I'm hoping it will come out early this week because there were a bunch of unclassified shooters trying to get a first classification in, but the last one came out at 3:00pm on the 15th so we'll just have to see.

That is correct by my understanding. This may be the first match I shoot as a B :ph34r:

just ckecked the weather update at weather.com for Jackson this weekend. There is good news and bad news. The bad news is that the forecast shows 40% Isolated T-Storms for Friday/Saturday and 30% Sunday. This forecast has been right about 50% of the time here. (I live about 5 minutes from the range.) The good news is that the rain has come in late in the afternoon/evening, usually about 5:00 PM at the earliest. If this holds true to form, then we should be able to get all the shooting in before the rain, provided everyone on the squads hustles and doesn't fool around.

Additionally, I think John has planned to tap a keg again this year after the shooting is finished on Saturday evening, so plan to stick around or come back to the range and hoist a few that evening. If it rains we can always move the keg into the building. It will give everyone a chance to get to meet new friends and swap "If only I had" stories.

See you there.

PAT

P.S. John I hope this did not screw up a surprise.

Additionally, I think John has planned to tap a keg again this year after the shooting is finished on Saturday evening.

See you there.

Just ONE?????????? :cheers::cheers:

You will just have to restrain yourself. :cheers::roflol:

My track record in that respect is well, lets say I'm 0'fer..............

Hey Randal you clear on the start time?

Hell, I knew what time the last one started....it was getting there that proved to be a challange.

Got my usual wingman this trip...he's gotten me to the matches on time for the last 3 years, ALL BUT ONE that is....then there is always 00bullets idea "sleep at the range"...........

Edited by DrawandDuck