Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 USPSA Handgun Nationals (Now confirmed by USPSA)

DBChaffin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least there's not a huge chance of a tropical deluge in Vegas... ;):lol:

ETA... and they tell me there's stuff to do there in the evenings, too... Gary Stevens apparently knows where the action is... :lol:

Edited by XRe

In the newest Front Sight (Jan-Feb 2009) that I got about a week ago, in the Inside USPSA El Presidente says that the BOD meeting will be concluded and the dates and locations of the Nationals will be on the USPSA web site by the time the magazine is recieved. I just looked again, and there is still nothing posted on the match schedule tab or the Nationals tab.

Why move to Vegas? I know it helps the west coast shooters a lot, but it kind of puts a crimp in the rest of the country. USSA and PASA are both centrally located to the whole country.

I was lazy before and didn't look the link back up, but all of the interest makes me concerned that I might be posting false info. So, I dug around and found it. It is mentioned here on the January 2009 Arkansas Section Newsletter just above the list of names on the second page:

http://casarange.com/arsection/newsletter/...tter_012009.pdf

David Hyden is the Deputy SC and he was the Match Director for the Nationals in 2008, so I assumed that's how the Arkansas Section got its info. If it is incorrect, I apologize for causing a stir. I was really looking for confirmation or additional information myself.

Cool, I'm on the above mentioned list.

I'll just bring my own mud;-)

In the newest Front Sight (Jan-Feb 2009) that I got about a week ago, in the Inside USPSA El Presidente says that the BOD meeting will be concluded and the dates and locations of the Nationals will be on the USPSA web site by the time the magazine is recieved. I just looked again, and there is still nothing posted on the match schedule tab or the Nationals tab.

Why move to Vegas? I know it helps the west coast shooters a lot, but it kind of puts a crimp in the rest of the country. USSA and PASA are both centrally located to the whole country.

The USPSA has always tilted to the West.

Nice change of pace. I'm tired of the mud and humidity.

But I don't know what I would do without rain.... :unsure:

When will this be confirmed?

when it rains! :roflol: IN VEGAS

That's not unusual...we had snow last month. :D

This is ridiculous ........ to stir up what amounts to a rumor at this point, in less than 6 hours time without solid information.

Until I see it in print on the USPSA forums or the website, I'm not getting my hopes up.

AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this is "allowed" or taboo, but if I may I'd like to re-print something I just found on the USPSA forums .............. might help, might just help frustrate folks further. But either way it is the most "official" answer at this time.

The November minutes have been posted.

Some misc facts:

• We do not yet have a signed contract for the 2009 Nationals.
  • USPSA will not announce a date or location until we have a signed contract. It's bad business practice to make such announcements when we *think* the details have been worked out. Waiting for a signed contract allows us to be *certain* the details and information are correct.
  • Whenever an item of business that is time-critical is covered at a board meeting, the board routinely follows it up with a vote authorizing immediate release of that information (prior to publication of the minutes). I cannot imagine the board having a firm date (with contract signed) and keeping that information from the members pending release of board minutes.

Arizona Charlies is right there (old match hotel)

"No eat buffet, missey; buffet VERY BAD!" So said a AZ Charlie's housekeeper to Beth Wingfield last time the nationals was out there! And she was right!

:sick::sick::sick:

So unless they burned that place to the ground and rebuilt it since last time, ... Did I mention :sick:

Thank you! I am going to copy your post to the 3 Gun Forum, where similar speculation and rumor is rampant.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Not sure if this is "allowed" or taboo, but if I may I'd like to re-print something I just found on the USPSA forums .............. might help, might just help frustrate folks further. But either way it is the most "official" answer at this time.

Some misc facts:

• USPSA will not announce a date or location until we have a signed contract. It's bad business practice to make such announcements when we *think* the details have been worked out. Waiting for a signed contract allows us to be *certain* the details and information are correct.
  • Whenever an item of business that is time-critical is covered at a board meeting, the board routinely follows it up with a vote authorizing immediate release of that information (prior to publication of the minutes). I cannot imagine the board having a firm date (with contract signed) and keeping that information from the members pending release of board minutes.

I really think we won't see the location posted till after the Shot Show.

40 some posts and the OP hasn't linked us to where he read the location and dates. Come on we are just killing KB's here.

Nationals has almost always been the 3rd week of Sept.

The original poster gave this link as reference material.

I was lazy before and didn't look the link back up, but all of the interest makes me concerned that I might be posting false info. So, I dug around and found it. It is mentioned here on the January 2009 Arkansas Section Newsletter just above the list of names on the second page:

http://casarange.com/arsection/newsletter/...tter_012009.pdf

David Hyden is the Deputy SC and he was the Match Director for the Nationals in 2008, so I assumed that's how the Arkansas Section got its info. If it is incorrect, I apologize for causing a stir. I was really looking for confirmation or additional information myself.

Some misc facts:

"So your telling me there's a chance" Jim Carry, Dumb and Dumber !! :roflol:

Well alright then, it's on !!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER