Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2009

Excellent match, stages were great and challanging-I would hated it if I had shot IRONS this year though.

Match staff, RO's and The Whittington Center were all great and a pleasure.

I was a shocked to see the FFL transfers were $60 on a $120 item?????????????

To me, this is an ridiculously astronomical price and should have been way lower-if there were some 30 FFl items to transfer do the match at $60 per transfer.

I just feel bad for the guys that have never won a FFL item, and will most likely will be charged again at their FFL again for the transfer-SO, $60+$20=$80 on a 120 item, if that??.

Denise and JJ did some great work on the match and there were very few backups.

-J

That will not happen again <_<

Firebird will do all FFL transfers at next years match...for exactly NO charge!

Jim

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent match, stages were great and challanging-I would hated it if I had shot IRONS this year though.

To me, this is an ridiculously astronomical price and should have been way lower-if there were some 30 FFl items to transfer do the match at $60 per transfer.

I just feel bad for the guys that have never won a FFL item, and will most likely will be charged again at their FFL again for the transfer-SO, $60+$20=$80 on a 120 item, if that??.

-J

Jim

Jim....you are the man!!! :cheers:

The guys from Nordic had an OUTSTANDING time at the match. The shooters were great, and the RO's were fantastic!!

And you RO's on stage 2.......you rocked!!....Great job!!

Tim

-J

Jim

Excellent Jim, way to man up and support the sport :cheers:

-J

This was definitely a good time. The people and the match were great. We worked our butts off, but had a lot of fun. Thanks to all the competitors that helped us set on stage 2!

Thanks again to Denise, JJ and all the other ROs and I'll see you again next year. Also, thanks to the Wongs for the great food!

And I think I saw that beeradillo attack. I heard that the guy (never did catch his name) got away.

Sean

Sean

It's always our pleasure to cook for the WORKING CREW. By the way John G. (JP Enterprises) also paid for the food cost.

The weather was great for August and the rain never materialized. All the Wong's and Gang had a Super Great time!

See every one back at the BEST PLACE TO HOLD A 3 GUN MATCH and one of the most PROFESSIONALLY RUN MATCH!

Tommy W. :cheers:

What an incredible experience......toughest match I've ever had to shoot. I will definitely need to get my long range rifile game on if I want to come back next year. I can't imagine what it was like for you iron sight shooters.

Big thanks to Denise, JJ, JP, and all the match staff and sponsors for making this even happen.

Everybody seemed love my analogy of the match...."I feel like a high school pitcher on the mound at Yankee Stadium"

Thanks to all the gang in Squad 8 for so many things.....working hard on reset.....not laughing at my performances (At least to my face).....good shooting tips. I'm sure they will remember me at least for "Gong!-Stage 3 ...and ....."180!"-Stage 4 (No I wasn't breaking it).

Time to rest now....no wait....Trigun Challenge is in 2 weeks.......clean guns...practice...here we go!!!! :surprise:

-J

Jim

If Firebird needs help next year, we'll split the workload of transferring all the goodies. I was pretty surprised at the size of the transfer fee as well. We were going to offer to do the same thing but you beat us to it.

I flew this year, but I will definitely be driving next year so I can bring many toys.

Junior

Tactical Machining

As match staff, those of us who found out (at the awards ceremony) were embarassed and it won't happen next year.

Glad to hear about the ffl changing. I thought I was just being cheap. By the way Tommy thanks for the Gumbo. Gary brought some back to us, and since John paid for the fixins.... Thank you John also.

Jason

Junior it was very cool having one of the shooters sponsors follow them around from stage to stage and it was a pleasure to meet you and your better half!!

Thanks for offering to help the match out, with the transfers. I noticed the FFL guy didn't hang around much after the ceremony, I had intended on paying him after getting a check but he was long gone!!!!!!!!!

Trapr

The overly high charge did include shipping! I know that helped none of you who had FFL's, but it was a decent deal for the pistol winners! (It costs $60.23 to ship a pistol.) Any of you who did a one line transfer, please contact me by e-mail at rm3gun@yahoo.com.

Sorry about the confusion! We had lots of offers, but Jim from Firebird will do a great and generous job next year! Thanks also to Junior from Tactical Machining! If he comes out to shoot and sponsor, he can transfer his own fabulous rifles straight to you!!!! JUNIOR - Hint! Hint!!! :roflol:

Here's our list of amazing sponsors again: :cheers:

Match sponsor: JP Enterprises

Gold Sponsors: Trijicon, Tactical Machining, Sabre, Nordic Components, and LaRue Tactical

Silver Sponsors: Timney Triggers, TacPro, POF, Magpul, Brownells and Burris

Bronze Sponsors: Wills and Associates, Spec Ops, MGM, Montana Gold, Hornady, FNH, Ergo-Grips, Firebird, DPMS, BlackHawk, and Bushmaster

Other generous Sponsors: 3-Gun Stuff, Arredondo. Bar-Sto Precision Machine, Benchmade, C&M Target Systems, Cabela's, Cavalry Arms, Cheaper Than Dirt, Choate Gifts, Cornerstone Chiropractic, CPWSA, DeCot, Dillon, ESP, Flash Target, Glock, Gram's Engineering, High Plains Shotgun Challenge, HiViz, LaserLyte, LensPens, LMS , Machine Gun Tours, MSTN, NRA Competitive Shooting Sports, Otis, Otto Made This, Para, Personal Security Consulting, PRI, Pro Ears, Rugged Gear, Safariland, Sierra, Sportsman's Warehouse, Springfield, Stag Arms, Starlight Cases, Starline Brass, STI, TechWear, Thunderbeast Arms, Trey Yuen of China, Triangle Shooting Sports, Truckvault, UniqueTek, USSA, Valdada, Viking Tactics, Warne Scope Mounts and Wilson Combat

It was very exciting! We had more vendors this year, and we hope to grow this as well so our shooters have more to do!

We appreciate all of joining us, all the generous people who took care of James, the fabulous contributions to the Junior programs!

We really tried for the iron shooters. We had dark targets, yellow backers to make them easier to see and except for one or two, they were out of the trees and in open areas to make them easier to find. The only thing we can think of to help is to bring them in to less than 250 yards, but we really think 400 yards is reasonable for a challenging match like this!

Roger - Stats man and webmaster extraordinaire - has results posted on the website! Is he fast or what? Final sheet includes times!

Thanks again to all of you for coming, all of the sponsors for supporting us, the NRA for coming out to join us, the Whittington Center for all their hard work and allowing us to shoot in such a beautiful place. Thanks to all of you for helping defend our 2nd amendment rights by using them and having fun!!!!

Denise and JJ

P.S. If you took sponsor postcards home, please remember to put them in the mail. I put about 250 in the mail today, but I made about 400 or more of them!

Thanks for filling those out. I hope they will let our sponsors know how much we appreciate them!

Edited by Benelli Chick

I was OK with the long range targets out where they were shooting irons. But I have been accused of being a freak when it comes to seeing small things a long way away.

Thanks to the whole match staff and ALL of the sponsers for making this a great match. Every year I look forward to coming down and shooting this match and I will be looking forward to next year. Maybe next year I'll get the CTR-02.....

Thanks, Scott

The overly high charge did include shipping! I know that helped none of you who had FFL's, but it was a decent deal for the pistol winners! (It costs $60.23 to ship a pistol)

Hmmm... We are able to ship guns out from the shop I work at via USPS with their priority package rates for under $10.00....

The overly high charge did include shipping! I know that helped none of you who had FFL's, but it was a decent deal for the pistol winners! (It costs $60.23 to ship a pistol)

Hmmm... We are able to ship guns out from the shop I work at via USPS with their priority package rates for under $10.00....

Pistols have to be shipped Overnight. Long Guns etc. not so much!

As match staff, those of us who found out (at the awards ceremony) were embarassed and it won't happen next year.

I don't think the problem was limited to the cost of the transfer.

I don't think the targets were the problem for me, as an irons shooter. The problem was me. But I had a ball making a fool of myself.

UPS requires as part of company policy that handguns must be shipped overnight. This is not requirement of the ATF. USPS will not allow any firearm to be shipped unless an affidavit is signed from a shipping FFL that it is going to another FFL. Then it is totally fine to ship Priority mail which is the best deal going but it just requires that the dealer go in person to the post office to sign and submit the affidavit. I don't think FedEx has the same policy as UPS. But none the less......handguns do not always have to be shipped overnight.

Shipping is not necessary for face to face FFL transfers. Why was the price the same?

UPS requires as part of company policy that handguns must be shipped overnight. This is not requirement of the ATF. USPS will not allow any firearm to be shipped unless an affidavit is signed from a shipping FFL that it is going to another FFL. Then it is totally fine to ship Priority mail which is the best deal going but it just requires that the dealer go in person to the post office to sign and submit the affidavit. I don't think FedEx has the same policy as UPS. But none the less......handguns do not always have to be shipped overnight.

Shipping is not necessary for face to face FFL transfers. Why was the price the same?

That is an issue that we will deal with. It was a decision that JJ and I were not a part of and next year, it will be different. Sorry for the trouble!

As I said, all FFL's that did a one line transfer should please write me.

Denise, JJ and all the RO's

THANK YOU!

You guy's pulled off a great match. I especially appreciate all the hard work that went into stage 2. It was a lot of fun and worth the effort you put into it to set it up.

As hard as the long range shooting was I would have felt cheated to go to such an incredible range and not taken advantage of the available distance. 600 yards!! JJ thanks again for hauling that target up the hill. Something that can't be done at most ranges.

This match was the closest match in a long time to the S.O.F. matches of old. Dirty, raw, difficult and at each stage you felt like you had the worst run ever when you finish. Still your smiling the whole time. Then you see the scores and find that everyone else had a hard time too so you feel pretty good.

Thanks to all the sponsors. Please know that this competitor purchases products from those who are so supportive. Your support of these matches does makes a difference.

Carl Carbon

I believe this is correct...also, I was told by UPS that if the firearm is not complete ie. not a functional firearm out of the box but sent as 2 separate packages of "parts" then the overnight shipping is not required.

Wow~!

Cant believe I forgot about Firebird! sorry, Jim!

Thanks for all you did for James and RM3G!

Im sure theres others I forgot too.

Forgive me,

I have a wicked cold (or flu) I just came down with....

First time to Whittington. :rolleyes:

First time to a prize table match. :rolleyes:

First time my SG malfed :angry2:

And this experience will be hard to beat. :cheers:

Had a great time and walked away with more than I expected and got to meet many folks I've only e-mailed before.

BTW: I too got some kind of flu that kept me home from work on Monday.

Maybe there was something going around but it seems to be just a 36 hour deal with me.