Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2009

Well, it's about that time!

We're excited to announce 2009's JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun! It will be about a month earlier, August 6-8 at the FABULOUS NRA Whittington Center. We look forward to having some more juniors to join us!

We still plan 8 natural terrain stages with at least 400 yard rifle shots. (probably more)

We are so fortunate to have a number of sponsors already lined up and we will work for more!

Thanks to JP Enterprises for being our major match sponsor! Trijicon has already said they will sponsor the shooter's barbeque/junior's benefit!!! Thank-you thank-you to both! :cheers:

The other generous sponsors who have already signed up:

(Thank-you for signing up early and often)

Sabre, Bushmaster, Nordic Components, Ergo-Grips, LMS , Spec Ops, CPWSA, Safariland, Dillon, Militec, Brownells, Berger Bullets, DeCot, Para, LaRue, NRA Competitive Shooting and High Plains Shotgun Challenge.

They are amazing and generous companies!

Any other sponsors who would like to join us, please contact us at rm3gun@yahoo.com.

We are going to be an NRA sanctioned match this year and look for 2008's match on Michael Bane's Shooting Gallery on the Outdoor Channel.

We already have a couple great spots lined up for some new stage places as well as some very interesting ideas for stages. You should of course look forward to a pretty decent amount of long range rifle, lots of shotgun reloading, rocks, trees and lots of wildlife. It may be a little warmer this year, since we're earlier, so be sure to come with sunscreen!

We've got a lot of great RO's already signed up to come back and get you through the stages, so it should be a FUN match!

Check out the rules, find the application etc. at www.rm3g.com

Since our webmaster was even more excited than we were, our application has been on the website for a while, so we've already got quite a few applications in. Get yours in soon!

We look forward to seeing you in August!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question on the rules:

In Tactical class, can you rest a single rifle mag on the ground or on a prop. I am not clear if that means only mags cinched together or all mags...

thanks

Cheryl :)

Yep Cheryl! If you can find a place to rest a single mag on the ground, go for it!

(Trust me! My prone without my 40 on the ground, is not a pretty thing to behold!)

And, not to start a big bruhaha again, but you can rest unevenly cinched mags on the ground or a prop as well. You can also use evenly cinched mags for speedy reloading, you just can't rest evenly cinched mags on the ground or props.

The rule for tactical is "no external supporting devices". One magazine is considered part of the rifle and so you can rest it, just like you can rest the handguard (or even the barrel if you want a more random pattern) on whatever you can find: tree, rock, ground or whatever.

Happy New Year!

Denise

Won't be able to make 2009 RM3G. My daughter has decided to get married that weekend, to bad for me the date got moved up a month. Anyone who has never been out to this match needs to attend it. Beautiful area, great natural stage design that are challenging, well run with a generous prize table. Good Luck to all that attend!!

Tony

Won't be able to make 2009 RM3G. My daughter has decided to get married that weekend, to bad for me the date got moved up a month. Anyone who has never been out to this match needs to attend it. Beautiful area, great natural stage design that are challenging, well run with a generous prize table. Good Luck to all that attend!!

Tony

Tony , Have her just run off to Vegas and then you can shoot the match!!!!!! Larry :cheers:

Tony

I feel you pain! 2008 I had one Daughter Graduate Collage, two Sons get married, and my Sister got married. All good things but ohohohhohho for one year,,,,,,, way full!!

I'm looking forward to a good year of 3 Gun and only worrying about my work schedule.

Jim M ammo

I wanted to shoot in the "Senior" division this year, now with the date change I won't be 50 until two days after its over. Oh well.

Brian

Most of us got over the "I want to be older" phase in grade school. You shoot pretty darn good for a guy who will be 49 11/12. I hope you fully recovered from the surgery.

Lee

Edited by Truegent2004

Yippee, SKippee!!! We've got some more fabulous sponsors!!!

Burris, MSTN, Firebird, TacPRo and DPMS have joined the amazing JP Enterprises, JP Enterprises, Sabre, Bushmaster, Nordic Componenets, Ergo-Grips, LMS, Spec Ops, CPWSA, Safariland, Dillon, Trijicon, Militec, Brownells, Berger Bullets, DeCot, Para, LaRue, Sierra, NRA shooting sports and High Plains Shotgun Challenge!!! :cheers:

We're looking at over $60,000 already for the prize table and I'm working like a dog to get more!!!

Though, honestly, these guys are very generous!!! :rolleyes:

Like I said, we've got a lot of apps in already because of the early posting. Please get your apps in so we can get all our ducks in a row! We've got a couple of great new areas to shoot in, and I think you'll really enjoy it!

• 4 weeks later...

I just made my reservation for competitor housing! :cheers:

41 Min of continuous dialing, :surprise: You would think I was trying to win Hanna Montana tickets from a radio station ( For my kids) :roflol:

I’m looking forward to this match and all things 3 Gun this year!

Glad you had luck, M.

I didn't. At one point the thing rang for minutes and then was disconnected.

This is the stupidest system for reservations that I've seen.

If the match wasn't so good, I wouldn't bother.

Here I go to try again. :^(

Finally got through...1 hour 40 minutes after starting the attempt.

My preferences were gone, but I have a bed! :^)

So...back to loading practice ammo.

I got the ring three times,, two times,, it rang untill it stopped,, the third time,,,,, well you know what they say,,

Excuse my ignorance, where do you find the information for "competitor housing" or a listing of local hotels? I could not find it on the RM3G website. Thanks.

http://www.nrawc.org/

Phone: (575) 445-3615 TollFree: 1(800) 494-4853

Call the number, and tell them you would like to make a reservation in competitor housing

Thank you. Is this the only hotel available or is this the official hotel for the match?

http://www.nrawc.org/

""Guests may choose to stay in the competitor housing units. Housing consists of three buildings which accommodate 90 people""

They are Cabins. on location.

I'm sure thier are other places to stay in town.

There are 4 types of housings at the Whittington Center. Competitor Housing that M Ammo mentioned, three buildings with three wings each that have I think 6 two bed rooms, a common kitchen, and two bathrooms. the central area of each building has a tv/sitting room.

The other is almost-primitive cabins with 10 bunk beds, no kitchen, and 1 bathroom. there is a laundry near these cabins.

there is also a very large full service campground for RVs and tents. there is a great bath-house there as well.

And there is a primitive campground with no comforts of home...

In the town of Raton, (6 miles) there are several hotels, I just did a Google search and found;

A. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raton - www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780 - 34 reviews

B. Raton Microtel Inn & Suites - www.microtelinn.com - (800) 771-7171 - 12 reviews

C. Budget Host-Raton - www.budgethost.com - (575) 445-3655 - 22 reviews

D. Super 8 Raton - www.super8.com - (505) 445-2355 - 12 reviews

E. Comfort Inn - www.comfortinn.com - (575) 445-4200 - 5 reviews

F. Colt Motel - www.coltmotel.com - (575) 445-2305 - 11 reviews

G. El Portal Hotel - www.elportalhotel.com - (575) 445-3631 - More

H. Motel 6 Raton - www.motel6.com - (575) 445-2777 - 3 reviews

I. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - maps.google.com - (575) 445-1500 - More

J. Microtel Inn - www.microtelinn.com - (575) 445-9100 - More

hope this helps!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

There are 4 types of housings at the Whittington Center. Competitor Housing that M Ammo mentioned, three buildings with three wings each that have I think 6 two bed rooms, a common kitchen, and two bathrooms. the central area of each building has a tv/sitting room.

The other is almost-primitive cabins with 10 bunk beds, no kitchen, and 1 bathroom. there is a laundry near these cabins.

there is also a very large full service campground for RVs and tents. there is a great bath-house there as well.

And there is a primitive campground with no comforts of home...

In the town of Raton, (6 miles) there are several hotels, I just did a Google search and found;

A. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raton - www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780 - 34 reviews

B. Raton Microtel Inn & Suites - www.microtelinn.com - (800) 771-7171 - 12 reviews

C. Budget Host-Raton - www.budgethost.com - (575) 445-3655 - 22 reviews

D. Super 8 Raton - www.super8.com - (505) 445-2355 - 12 reviews

E. Comfort Inn - www.comfortinn.com - (575) 445-4200 - 5 reviews

F. Colt Motel - www.coltmotel.com - (575) 445-2305 - 11 reviews

G. El Portal Hotel - www.elportalhotel.com - (575) 445-3631 - More

H. Motel 6 Raton - www.motel6.com - (575) 445-2777 - 3 reviews

I. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - maps.google.com - (575) 445-1500 - More

J. Microtel Inn - www.microtelinn.com - (575) 445-9100 - More

hope this helps!

jj

Thank you JJ,,,,, I was out of my zone,,,,, this will be my first RM3G..

Jim M ammo