Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A hollywood celeb buying 100K in AR's

Loves2Shoot

I'm certain that's appreciated...

too bad another responsibility of Government has to be given to a generous individual to complete.

if it wasn't for generous, caring individuals...we'd have next to nothing to fight crime with.

Dont get me wrong I love the fact that a citizen much less a Hollywood Celebrity would do such a thing. I think it is great and we all should look at this as a pay it forward kind of a moment.

If only more people in country would do this I think we would be way better off as a country. I love it. I just hope they use it well!

If you know about Spade's brush with death, this doesn't seem too far fetched. (Google it) That loaded shotgun under his bed saved his a$$.

I like him anyway. Self depricating dry humor goes a long way in my book. The snarky self delusional stuff he does cracks me up too.

Way to go Dave! :cheers:

Thats nice and al, but what about training?

Sounds like it's being addressed.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix...rifles1223.html

Very nice gesture, and I like it coming from an entertainment figure -- it seems that most seem to use their popularity to profit from charities (a LOT of "appearances" at non-profit events cost the sponsors big bucks, either directly or indirectly), or to climb on a soapbox to spout some PC bull.

From the article, it seems that Bushmaster is the choice of fthe Phoenix PD. :cheers:

Edited by Punkin Chunker

Phoenix police have been slowly getting outfitted with Bushmasters over the last 6 months or so. They put out an initial big contract for the rifles which was was won by a company in TX and the guns have been rolling in slowly. The officers have been rotating through small training classes the last several months before being allowed to carry the rifles on duty. We have been setting some of them up with slings, bi pods, and other ancillary gear which they have had to buy on their own dime.

I am damn glad that the city of Phx is letting this happen. The patrol guys have been outgunned, they have to deal with enforcers for the drug cartels, guards moving illegals through here and members of the Mexican army moonlighting for the cartels on a daily basis, a lot of them carrying AK derivatives and crazy enough to use them. We also have south of the border nationals dressing up as law enforcement doing home invasions on a regular basis. We hear a lot of what is going on through our customers that never seems to make the local papers and news.

In any case, the patrol guys are getting good equipment and being trained properly. David Spade is one of the guys who seems to understand what is going on, I was told that he wanted his donation to be low key and wanted to help. Someone else felt that the news needed to get out after the fact.

• 3 weeks later...