Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RACE READY CASPIAN FRAME

Scoterbeast

Whats the consensus on the Caspian Race Ready frame with the integral mag well. Looking at a .40 build for USPSA Single Stack div. Only experience is with the S&A magwell. See lots of threads on different magwells available today. Anyone have experience with this frame??

Bill

Boy! Lots of info in short time. Thanks to everyone. Like Skip said, with the size of new magwells (that are legal) starting to look like LImited 8

Edited by Scoterbeast

I have a Trojan with an S&A magwell and a caspian race ready single stack. I can reload the race ready caspian much faster. I think the only issue is making sure you get the weight down, but that is not hard at all.

Page 77 of the rule book.

Special conditions:

— Only 1911 production type pistols. Must be available to the general public

and have their basis in the original 1911 service pistol as designed by John

M. Browning. Pistols made from components that duplicate the factory

originals are acceptable. Frames must be metal.

Show me a factory original 1911 that uses the race ready frame. I don't know of one.

Special conditions:

Show me a factory original 1911 that uses the race ready frame. I don't know of one.

Steve, I think Gary ruled on this one already. The race ready just takes a magwell and combines it to the frame instead of buying one and installing it. Its really no different than welding on a magwell.

With that said my magwell choice changes like my mood so I pick the standard frames.

As stated below...Production "TYPE". It does not say PRODUCTION but production TYPE. It is available to the general public, it has a basis on the original 1911 and Caspian produces components so I can only assume that their components are from the factory and are therefore factory original.

Special conditions:

As stated below...Production "TYPE". It does not say PRODUCTION but production TYPE. It is available to the general public, it has a basis on the original 1911 and Caspian produces components so I can only assume that their components are from the factory and are therefore factory original.

Special conditions:

That's stretching it. Show me any 1911 production type pistol from any factory and I'll show you a frame that does not have an integral magwell. Now if the powers that be decide to say "it sort of duplicates factory pistols that come with a detachable magwell" so be it, but there is no NROI ruling.

Novak makes a frame with an integral backstrap that eliminates the grip safety. Is that legal too. I don't think anyone would try to say that it is.

Special conditions:

That's stretching it. Show me any 1911 production type pistol from any factory and I'll show you a frame that does not have an integral magwell. Now if the powers that be decide to say "it sort of duplicates factory pistols that come with a detachable magwell" so be it, but there is no NROI ruling.

Novak makes a frame with an integral backstrap that eliminates the grip safety. Is that legal too. I don't think anyone would try to say that it is.

Steve... You're just a ah ah ah ... Purist! :cheers:

Legal. I asked Amidon a while back....

:huh::blink::huh:

Edited by Steve J

Hello: Wow, I am sure glad they are legal since I am going to build a Caspian Race Ready in 40 for single stack. How about a single stack with no magwell at all, No that is just crazy talk now :roflol: I like the idea of fitting the box and making the weight. I just wish they would allow you to do some nice slide cuts as well. Do a search and take a look at Larry White's Caspian Race ready. That is a great looking pistol. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Flexmoney
add link to Larry's Casper

Legal. I asked Amidon a while back....

:huh::blink::huh:

Reasoning: You can pin a grip safety --> You can weld them together to accomplish the pinning --> why not make them from one piece in the first place.

I like the race ready frame but... I do think that it is harder to get your mag base pad extensions (on the front of the basepad ...just the right length..to keep them from over inserting. The race ready does not have the little flat spot on the front of the frame that you can trim the front of the base pad extension to hit on and stop the mag from going into the well too far. The race ready can let the mag cam backwards and go in further if you slam the sh*t out of it.. locking your gun up.

Just my opinion.... worth .02 I am sure.

I'm taking mine out the door right now to Thursday night indoor IDPA here in Brownsville TX... :cheers:

Hey Bill,

I decided not to go with 1 on my Caspian because if they decided that they are not legal, you are hosed. I doubt if they would ever do that, but you never know. Either way, you'll end up with a really nice toy. Welcome to Limited8...

Skip

:cheers:

I like the race ready frame but... I do think that it is harder to get your mag base pad extensions (on the front of the basepad ...just the right length..to keep them from over inserting. The race ready does not have the little flat spot on the front of the frame that you can trim the front of the base pad extension to hit on and stop the mag from going into the well too far. The race ready can let the mag cam backwards and go in further if you slam the sh*t out of it.. locking your gun up.

Just my opinion.... worth .02 I am sure.

I'm taking mine out the door right now to Thursday night indoor IDPA here in Brownsville TX... :cheers:

Thats a long drive for a night IDPA match I used to live in Alice and my grandparents lived in La Glora sure miss that part of the country